It really bugs me the only take away by both sides of the media from the hearings yesterday is Trump lunging for the steering wheel. it is the only thing people are talking about on the news shows.

Not that Trump said "They are not here to hurt me we can march to the capital from here." But the steering wheel thing. And that fact the other two people involved say they are willing to testify under oath it did not happen makes it even worse. Everything she said is being discounted and ignored because of this.

I Really hope the committee did not mess up letting her tell under oath a story that can be easily proven false.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    In NY Governor race it will be current Governor Hochul against Trumper, anti abortion Lee Zeldin. I don't see where there is a question of who to pick, others here will differ.
    Can Hochul do a kick ass Bass solo? if not he didnt earn some people's votes for being boring.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Teachers voice concerns after Orange County previews ‘Don’t Say Gay’ impact to classrooms

That is so gross. You can't even put up pictures of your family on your desk. Yet The GOP want to hand teachers guns to battle active shooters like the Wild west.

With all they put up with you have to what sneak to your car at lunch if you want to look at a picture of your spouse real quick?
    This is sickening. What if they go further? What if someone is reading a magazine with Elton John or a gay actor? What if they are listening to a Melissa Etheridge song? Where is the line.

What a bout a Historical figure that is gay? Can you have their picture in school?

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Lev Parnas, a onetime associate of Rudy Giuliani, today was sentenced to 20 months in jail for violating U.S. campaign finance laws during the 2018 elections.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Can Hochul do a kick ass Bass solo? if not he didnt earn some people's votes for being boring.
    Hochul is a she.

Astonishing Member

It really bugs me the only take away by both sides of the media from the hearings yesterday is Trump lunging for the steering wheel.

Not that Trump said "They are not here to hurt me we can march to the capital from here." But the steering wheel thing. And that fact the other two people involved say they are willing to testify under oath it did not happen makes it even worse. Everything she said is being discounted and ignored because of this.

I Really hope the committee did not mess up letting her tell under oath a story that can be easily proven false.
    Secret Service: Jan. 6 committee didn't reach out before Hutchinson's explosive Trump testimony

The Jan. 6 committee didn’t reach out to the Secret Service in the days before it aired explosive testimony about an alleged physical altercation between Donald Trump and his security detail on the day of the riot, according to an agency spokesperson.
    “[W]e were not asked to reappear before the Committee in response to yesterday’s new information and we plan on formally responding on the record,” he wrote in an email. “We have and will continue to make any member of the Secret Service available.”
    They should have reached out I think and got the Agent to at least confirm or deny. Then if she still testified what she was told happen. They can present the dispute at least. If they deny it AFTER, then it will just invalidate so much else.

From what I read on other articles legal experts think that Secret Service can't do that. They can advise they don't have coverage to take him down there and say we need to go back to the West Wing. But, they can't just kidnap him for 5 minutes.

Remember that Secret Service guys tend to be from the Dan Bongino mold. I would not trust anything they say, ESPECIALLY anonymously, ESPECIALLY compared to a statement made under oath.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Hochul is a she.
    Well my face is red.

Secret Service: Jan. 6 committee didn't reach out before Hutchinson's explosive Trump testimony

They should have reached out I think and got the Agent to at least confirm or deny. Then if she still testified what she was told happen. They can present the dispute at least. If they deny it AFTER, then it will just invalidate so much else.

From what I read on other articles legal experts think that Secret Service can't do that. They can advise they don't have coverage to take him down there and say we need to go back to the West Wing. But, they can't just kidnap him for 5 minutes.
    I’ve got to point where I tend to immediately believe anything bad about the Donald. Unfair bias I know, but as the old joke goes “it saves time”.

But must admit the idea of the Donald having a “physical altercation with his security detail” seems immensely out of character surely? Wouldn’t it require physical courage?

If they didnt reach out that was a huge blunder on their part. I figured they would be smarter then that because it invalidates the who thing. And to be honest it already has. That story is taking up pretty much all the coverage of yesterday. And if the SS does come out under oath and say it is false. Even if they are lying people will still take the worked of law enforcement who take an oath to protect a president with their lives over a 25 year old woman.

Even as I watched her Live I wondered how the president was able to grab the steering wheel as the president does not sit in the front seat. Unless he lunged over the back seat or something. I dont know.

Just kind of casts the whole thing in a bad light after the SS said they would go on oath it didnt happen. And then news that the 6th committee didnt even reach out. because now it is "Well did she lie about what he said about the armed crowd? Did she lie about Rudy telling her 4 days in advance about going to the capital?"

Astonishing Member

If they didnt reach out that was a huge blunder on their part. I figured they would be smarter then that because it invalidates the who thing. And to be honest it already has. That story is taking up pretty much all the coverage of yesterday. And if the SS does come out under oath and say it is false. Even if they are lying people will still take the worked of law enforcement who take an oath to protect a president with their lives over a 25 year old woman.

Even as I watched her Live I wondered how the president was able to grab the steering wheel as the president does not sit in the front seat. Unless he lunged over the back seat or something. I dont know.

Just kind of casts the whole thing in a bad light after the SS said they would go on oath it didnt happen. And then news that the 6th committee didnt even reach out. because now it is "Well did she lie about what he said about the armed crowd? Did she lie about Rudy telling her 4 days in advance about going to the capital?"
    At the end of the day the steering wheel part was hearsay. The rest of it was her first hand, she was in the room, or she stood at the door and she heard and she saw. If she chooses to lie about any of it under oath I mean I guess. But, MAGA world hates her as a traitor. She could have said this to the Impeachment committee imo. You knew then he should have been impeached.

At the end of the day the steering wheel part was hearsay. The rest of it was her first hand, she was in the room, or she stood at the door and she heard and she saw. If she chooses to lie about any of it under oath I mean I guess. But, MAGA world hates her as a traitor. She could have said this to the Impeachment committee imo. You knew then he should have been impeached.
    I agree she should have said this in the impeachment. And yes the steering wheel part is Hearsay. That is why I wish they would not have let it in. They wanted to paint Trump as an unhinged nut job and because it is hearsay and because the SS are now saying they will dispute it under oath no one gives a damn about the other things she had say and casts doubt on everything she said.

It was a huge blunder to even let her talk about it and I am not happy about.

The rest of what she said was so damn powerful. I was stunned into silence hearing it.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

This is sickening. What if they go further? What if someone is reading a magazine with Elton John or a gay actor? What if they are listening to a Melissa Etheridge song? Where is the line.

What a bout a Historical figure that is gay? Can you have their picture in school?
    What about yuri (girls’ love) or yaoi (boys’ love) manga? Maybe someone gets their panties in a bunch over a Queen song. There might well be no line.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

It was on this date in 2015 that “Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day” profiled of Charlotte O’Hara, a member of the Kansas House of Representatives who once filed pro-life legislation that would requite a woman seeking an abortion to sign a document that they were "terminating the life of a whole living being". She also tried starting a Tea Party mutiny against Gov. Sam Brownback, telling supporters "peasants with pitchforks are needed to get the attention of the Topkea elite". O'Hara also warned against the threat of the Agenda 21 Conspiracy Theory, and tried comparing a rival State Senator's support of state bonds as "communism", leading to her downfall in elections in both 2012 and 2014.

In both 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, as well as 2021, that “Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day” presented profiles of the sitting U.S. House Representative from Georgia’s 12th Congressional District, Rick Allen, who after being elected for the first time in the 2014 elections, quickly made himself infamous in Washington for an outburst he made that pissed off even his fellow Republicans back in May of this year, when a week after Democrats cried foul after Republicans flipped their votes in support of an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act that would have prevented government contractors from discriminating against employees based on their sexual orientation and gender identity, a second version passed with 43 Republicans actually supporting the idea. In the wake of that vote, Speaker Paul Ryan tried to gather many members of the GOP House, where Rick Allen pulled out his Bible, and read Scripture to those present, specifically passages from Romans 1:18-32, and Revelations 22:18-19, that in effect read that gays are sinners “worthy of death. At that point, several of his colleagues stormed out, disgusted (and they should be).

Well, Rick Allen went viral because after the tragic shooting in Orlando just days later, as some were calling for some action, ANY action on gun control, the GOP offered their usual support to victims… their thoughts and prayers. In this instance, that came off as a lot of hollow bulls*** in particular because Rick Allen was one such person who got on social media to let those mourning know he was thinking and praying about it. To which, some of the victims had to wonder, “So what, are you praying that more of us die, then?” Allen was asked if he regretted or wanted to apologize for his remarks about the gays being “worthy of death”, and surprise… he didn’t regret them at all and stood by his decision to read them at that Republican meeting.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 06-29-2022 at 02:28 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

His third term in office, is already starting to look like the first two:

In November, Rick Allen will be getting a rematch with his 2020 Democratic opponent, Liz Johnson, who he got 58% of the vote against in that race. Given the state of inflation numbers, versus what the Republican Party is beginning to be revealed to have been involved in the plotting of the January 6th coup attempt by Donald Trump… we have no predictions for how that race could go. Everything seems up in the air right now.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.