A lot of interesting coincidences also popped up with Jim Jordan in 2018. The first off is that one of his former aides, Wesley Goodman, was an Ohio state legislator up until the time he was caught having sex with another man in his office, and then dozens of individuals came forward, some underage, to report being sexually harassed by Goodman. And then a report came out that Goodman had sexually assaulted an underage boy while working for Jordan in Washington at a Family Research Council retreat, and the whole thing got hushed up.

But what’s that you say? That’s just a former staffer of Jim Jordan’s. It’s not like that he would ever be caught up in such a scandal and cover up a sexual assault. To that, we say… OH RLY?

Over the summer of 2018, reports surfaced that while Jim Jordan was working as an assistant coach in the wrestling program at Ohio State University, a team physician, Richard Strauss, was sexually assaulting dozens of students over several years. And when asked about it, Jordan denied having any knowledge of any such sexual abuse taking place. You’ll never guess what happened next… multiple wrestlers came forward who said that they were aware of the abuse, brought it to the attention of Jim Jordan, and he just laughed it off as normal everyday locker room shenanigans.Further, as more wrestlers came forward, some reported being contacted by former Ohio State coaches on behalf of Jim Jordan asking them to make public statements to defend him from the controversy. And of course being involved in a coverup of sexual assault means that Jim Jordan received special attention and praise from Donald Trump. Because of course.

Now, in some eras of American history, a scandal like the one Jim Jordan is involved in one be enough to force his resignation, and the president wouldn’t be coming to talk about how great he is. However, we’re in the darkest timeline, and thus a man suspected of being involved in not one, but TWO DIFFERENT coverups of sexual assault could be re-elected. And so it is that Jim Jordan has become one of the most predominant gas-lighters in the modern Republican Party, turning every minute of the time he gets to speak in House Oversight Committee hearings into a farce, and when that’s not enough, to run onto cable news to further the misinformation being spread on behalf of Donald Trump. Here are but some of his worst moments in the past few years:

x
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It might be time for the Republicans to 'Wake Up' to the reality that their current word view is not as popular as they think it is and that all they are doing is feeding the narrative that Republicans are incompetent, crazy, and incapable of doing anything productive in Congress. The only ones who support that are anti-government, nihilists, anarchists, and those who have watched too much WWF (nothing wrong with wrestling, just using it as a metaphor) and believe that every conflict should be settled with violence and one on one combat.
    Honestly if nations settled disputes with Champions/Warriors/Whatever chosen to represent them in one-on-one dueling combat (To the death or not doesn't matter AFAIK) it would be so much simpler for everyone else and the vast majority of global military budgets could go elsewhere.

It's the whole "Group of ragtag underdogs take on overwhelming odds and win" stereotype that feeds the sort of idiocy we're seeing here with these Freedom Caucus dipshits, and considering me and 3 other friends regularly take on what are assumed to be long odds in a RPG every week it could feed into that philosophy if I ascribed to it. They think that if they just resist long and hard enough eventually people will have to give into them, which is actually the actions of a spoiled child throwing a tantrum. However if there's anything gaming has taught me is that a group of 4-6 determined and equipped individuals can do amazing things, but if you go up against a foe with massive supplies and bodies to throw at a problem it doesn't matter how awesome you are - you will run out of resources first. And IRL there's no health packs or anything to help you recover from wounds like action movie stars do. In the case of the Freedom Caucus the solution is to wait until they have burnt every bridge and gone past the point of no return to make it clear they have to be expelled for the good of the nation. I think there might be a chance of it happening if enough conservatives start speaking up about how this sort of behavior shouldn't be acceptable in their representatives, but the odds of that happening are less than an eclipse happening 5 minutes after I finish typing this.
    Last edited by Dalak; 10-21-2023 at 08:17 AM.

x

x

x

Now, while Ohio’s 4th Congressional District has a +20 Republican lean in the Cook Partisan Voting Index, meaning that even though Jordan is a traitor and utter s***pile, the deck is stacked pretty hard with that gerrymander against any Democratic challenger.

So Jim Jordan spent the past week wielding the endorsement of Donald Trump to be the next Speaker of the House… and he’s so much of an ***hole that on each of the three votes for him to become Speaker, he got less than the next. That had a lot to do with his “legislative terrorist” personality, as he had Sean Hannity and Fox News sending messages to warn members who might vote against him to be afraid of negative coverage on the GOP’s propaganda network, and having threats being issued not just upon members of the House by random MAGA fanatics, but having the spouses of members of the House being threatened at home.

Y’know, normal Republican discourse, as a white nationalist party that is anti-democracy supports domestic terror within its ranks as a symptom of Trump’s madness. It’s shocking that Jim Jordan got as close as he did to getting elected Speaker, but honestly, we’re equally as surprised he’s avoided being indicted after Jan. 6th so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Honestly if nations settled disputes with Champions/Warriors/Whatever chosen to represent them in one-on-one dueling combat (To the death or not doesn't matter AFAIK) it would be so much simpler for everyone else and the vast majority of global military budgets could go elsewhere.

It's the whole "Group of ragtag underdogs take on overwhelming odds and win" stereotype that feeds the sort of idiocy we're seeing here with these Freedom Caucus dipshits, and considering me and 3 other friends regularly take on what are assumed to be long odds in a RPG every week it could feed into that philosophy if I ascribed to it. They think that if they just resist long and hard enough eventually people will have to give into them, which is actually the actions of a spoiled child throwing a tantrum. However if there's anything gaming has taught me is that a group of 4-6 determined and equipped individuals can do amazing things, but if you go up against a foe with massive supplies and bodies to throw at a problem it doesn't matter how awesome you are - you will run out of resources first. And IRL there's no health packs or anything to help you recover from wounds like action movie stars do. In the case of the Freedom Caucus the solution is to wait until they have burnt every bridge and gone past the point of no return to make it clear they have to be expelled for the good of the nation. I think there might be a chance of it happening if enough conservatives start speaking up about how this sort of behavior shouldn't be acceptable in their representatives, but the odds of that happening are less than an eclipse happening 5 minutes after I finish typing this.
    You have a point, however I doubt it would be entertaining viewing (or maybe it would be) to see the likes of Lauren Boebert wrestle Marjorie Taylor Greene on the house floor, or Gym Jordan go a few rounds in a slugfest with Patrick McHenry in front of the CSPAN cameras.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Behind closed doors, his name keeps coming up when you hear about the Republican caucus "almost coming to blows", but they aren't trying to expel him from the House like they had talked about.

Possible conclusion: He's one of Trump's favorites, since he's "Trump4Life", so there's a fear of speaking out against him.

Then again, Trump endorsed Jim Jordan, and he just got humiliated all week.
    It's really rare to expel a member of Congress.

20 have ever been expelled. Most of them supported the Confederacy,

The first guy tried a conspiracy to help Great Britain gain control of Spanish-controlled Louisiana and Florida.

The other two were convicted of bribery.

It's not done just because someone is a raging ******* who abuses procedures.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 10-21-2023 at 05:45 PM. Reason: * expel, not express
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    You have a point, however I doubt it would be entertaining viewing (or maybe it would be) to see the likes of Lauren Boebert wrestle Marjorie Taylor Greene on the house floor, or Gym Jordan go a few rounds in a slugfest with Patrick McHenry in front of the CSPAN cameras.
    I’d pay to watch Lauren Beetlejuicer battle Madam Howler Monkey on the House floor in a steel cage. That would be mighty entertaining.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

President of Detroit synagogue is stabbed to death

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/10/21/u...ing/index.html

Perhaps folks like Rashida Tlaib should moderate their comments:
    https://edition.cnn.com/2023/10/20/p...aib/index.html

I totally agree with Senator Fetterman:
    https://twitter.com/SenFettermanPA/s...24239943565421
    Last edited by hyped78; 10-21-2023 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I’d pay to watch Lauren Beetlejuicer battle Madam Howler Monkey on the House floor in a steel cage. That would be mighty entertaining.
    I'd probably forget the proper chant.

"Two may enter, none may leave!"

---"That's 'one can leave'"

"You sure? 'Cause I like mine better."
    Dark does not mean deep.

Mighty Member

"Only one of us is leaving this room...and it won't be ME!"---:Captain America, 1968

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's really rare to express a member of Congress.

20 have ever been expelled. Most of them supported the Confederacy

The first guy tried a conspiracy to help Great Britain gain control of Spanish-controlled Louisiana and Florida.

The other two were convicted of bribery.

It's not done just because someone is a raging ******* who abuses procedures.
    I'm not American thank goodness but Irish, I've been reading the above posts by @Worstblogever and I'm disgusted at the way Jordan is seen as NORMAL? Yes we all know about Benedict Arnold but Jordan makes him look like a choirboy. America NEEDS to stand up to these fanatics and show them the door or else the United States is finished.
    Hail Hydra!

Invincible Member

Lauren's younger but I'd give the edge to Marge, she works out and seems less likely to back down.

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    I'm not American thank goodness but Irish, I've been reading the above posts by @Worstblogever and I'm disgusted at the way Jordan is seen as NORMAL? Yes we all know about Benedict Arnold but Jordan makes him look like a choirboy. America NEEDS to stand up to these fanatics and show them the door or else the United States is finished.
    It's a downside to being a republic comprised of 50+ different states and territories of various kinds, each with their own unique 'Personality'. Those causing the most trouble tend to come from far right leaning areas. It would be hard to convinced them to vote for someone more moderate.

And no, Jordan is Not Normal by any stretch of the imagination. Then again, the current GOP is also Not Normal.

We are not alone in this struggle ....

'Keep Ireland Irish': Say hello to Ireland's growing far right

The far right in Ireland is rising.

It is a broad church – encompassing religious fundamentalists, nationalists and many shades in between – but the movement has recently coalesced around one thing: immigration.

There were 307 anti-migrant protests in 2022, while in 2023 there have already been 64 demos, according to the Garda Síochána, Ireland’s police force, calling the numbers an “exponential increase”.
    “Ireland’s borders are wide open,” Niall McConnell, leader of the Irish Nationalist Catholic Party, told Euronews. “There is no restriction on immigration.”

“The indigenous Irish are being racially discriminated against,” he added.

McConnell, who espouses views that many would consider as far-right, takes issue with immigration, alleging migrants receive preferential treatment for social housing, commit crimes – often of a sexual nature against women – and lie to claim refugee status.

All are largely baseless accusations.

The self-described “Irish Patriot” told Euronews immigration risked another “plantation”, in reference to England’s colonisation of Ireland in the 16th and 17th centuries, where land was seized and settlers were brought in to ‘anglicise’ the local population.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Lauren's younger but I'd give the edge to Marge, she works out and seems less likely to back down.
    Wasn’t there a video or MHM doing a deadlift and she shat herself?

(and no, no one has to post that video. PLEASE!)
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Invincible Member

Wasn’t there a video or MHM doing a deadlift and she shat herself?

(and no, no one has to post that video. PLEASE!)
    LOL! Not quite...She posts videos of herself working out, so there's a clip where she's lifting then jumps to do some pull ups and some folks online were making fun of how awkward her form was. I'll be honest, I personally have no room to criticize that cuz she's in objectively better shape than I am.
    Last edited by ed2962; 10-21-2023 at 06:39 PM.