Page 945 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 445845895935941942943944945946947948949955995104514451945 ... LastLast
Results 14,161 to 14,175 of 75153
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Yeah, it has nothing to do with the election or politics. This is a thing that just happens.
    If people were assholes solely because of their politics or race, the world would be a lot less screwed up or perhaps more.
    Last edited by ChangingStation; 10-28-2020 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Week out. This is when everybody watching closely loses their minds and starts biting their nails so much they begin to take off fingers - remember it's okay to unplug and stay sane.
    I've been like that since at least April. Maybe I'm a lost cause.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Honestly I think nothing is more comical and hopefully sums up the end of the Trump Administration than leaving supporters stranded in 30 degree weather in a field. If this is the end of it , that to me sums up the most possible comedic end.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Honestly I think nothing is more comical and hopefully sums up the end of the Trump Administration than leaving supporters stranded in 30 degree weather in a field. If this is the end of it , that to me sums up the most possible comedic end.
    Unfortunately, I don't find it comical, I honestly find it horrific, because there were kids there who had to be treated for hypothermia.

Ultimate Member

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/vi...cid=uxbndlbing

Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam on Wednesday signed police reform legislation that includes a ban on no-knock warrants, making the state the third in the country to outlaw no-knock, forcible-entry raids frequently used by law enforcement to serve narcotics search warrants
    "These reforms also reduce militarization of police equipment, standardize law enforcement training requirements and strengthens the process to de-certify officers, when needed," Northam said.

"I want to sincerely thank our legislators and all advocates who have worked so hard to reform our criminal justice laws so we can keep Virginia safer and rebuild trust between our law enforcement and the communities that they serve."

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Week out. This is when everybody watching closely loses their minds and starts biting their nails so much they begin to take off fingers - remember it's okay to unplug and stay sane.
    Not a bad idea. I’ll probably do that on Tuesday. Avoid social media and spend the day watching sports, anime or catching up on TV shows I’m watching.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    If there’s another “surge” of secret Trump voters that gives him the win, then modern polling as we know it is done. And I mean that with all seriousness. I’m not talking about the likes of Rasmussen, Trafalgar or Insider Advantage which are totally biased and adjust their results based on said bias.

Yes, polling isn’t an exact science but if pollsters are carrying out their surveys without taking into account the “unknowns” of 2016, then they really shouldn’t make their results public at all.
    There was a lot more involved in Trump winning at the last moment in '16 than "secret" Trumpers. Comey was a decisive factor, for example. That's impossible to predict.

Edit: Polling is also used for voting numbers, things like the Electoral College aren't something they can accurately predict. It's not magic.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 10-28-2020 at 05:32 PM.

Will attempt voter analysis tomorrow from what I have sen.

In other news I convinced a damn good friend of mine who lives in Texas to vote blue and getting her family to as well.

Her excuse was “‘ I hate them both. America is so bad” ( She was originally German, her and official now, long time.)

My response “ Just vote blue. Give it a chance, fight the system and it may actually do you some good. Because not voting helps no one.”

So yeah, got a undecided/APA this in the right side of things. ( I do not just inform and talk this bull ****, I actually am attempting to influence as much as possible.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Election? This can all be traced back tot he violent, divisive, hostile rhetoric Trump spews every time he opens his mouth. Trump would love to see bloodshed at the polling places. He wants people at each other's throats.
    That’s what I was implying this whole time. Christ why do so even bother sometimes.

You think “black school kids” jumped you because of Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    There was a lot more involved in Trump winning at the last moment in '16 than "secret" Trumpers. Comey was a decisive factor, for example. That's impossible to predict.

Edit: Polling is also used for voting numbers, things like the Electoral College aren't something they can accurately predict. It's not magic.
    Everything is pretty impossible to reliably predict. Even if there is only a 5% chance of rain, that means it still might rain.

Also many polls are summarized in the often simple-minded news reports when the actual data is more complex and fluid.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Electoral College remains Trump’s lifeline, despite his trailing in just about every poll, even one on Faux News itself I’ve heard. All the more reason to hope for a Biden landslide so the EC is left a non-factor.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by A Small Talent For War View Post
    Everything is pretty impossible to reliably predict. Even if there is only a 5% chance of rain, that means it still might rain.

Also many polls are summarized in the often simple-minded news reports when the actual data is more complex and fluid.
    No, it's really not.

If you have an obvious loose end like Anthony Weiner smack dab in the middle of your campaign apparatus?

You are are running one of the most incompetent campaigns in United States Presidential election history if you have not taken every step you can minimize(if not actually do away with...) any chance that he will be an issue.

Which it seems like said campaign never even gave so much as a second thought to.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Everyone really needs to dial back the whole “polls were inaccurate” thing, because they weren’t.
    I agree to an extent. Sites like FiveThirtyEight broke down the Election by electoral votes and gave Hillary a wide margin of victory (something like 80/20) and were way off base as well. But yeah, many polls just count what percent of the vote each candidate is projected to get with little consideration for WHERE those votes are being cast.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.