Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Yes, the Democratic Party establishment unfairly denied him a chance not once but twice.
    Bernie never appealed to the southern voter. He was filling stadiums up north and was drawing crowds there but his southern strategy failed him BIG time. A fact that one reporter asked a voter in one of the southern states Hillary Clinton won in primaries and the guy looks surprised..."Who is Bernie Sanders ?"

Because as it was detailed that Bernie didn't run as hard in the southern states where he needed to do this. Hillary and Bill concentrated on the south states because they knew those states would be needed in primaries. A fact many of the people remembered how a Bill Clinton presidency helped them in those regions and fell behind Hillary quick.

Bernie never realized that he needed to win the south and just failed.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

From the outside looking in, it's extremely bizarre and very, very dangerous.

Seriously, all sorts of grifters, conmen, liars, and brazenly corrupt individuals are getting votes from GOP supporters. These guys are literally anti-democratic and yet they are still winning primaries. Everyone in their right minds knows Trump lost the election badly, so why keep up the ruse? What sort of thinking is that? What happens if these guys refuse to certify elections?

In less-developed countries, dictators and despots tend to "rig" elections to hold power, and the people rarely if ever willingly vote for them in free elections (especially when knowledge of their corruption and misdeeds becomes widespread). GOP supporters are literally doing the opposite and giving power to people that are literally rejecting democracy.

It's scary days for the US and I really worry for the future of the country because of the way a lot of "conservatives" think.
    For Republicans, it's power at all costs. It doesn't matter if the candidate is a horrible human being spewing blatantly anti-American falsehoods and is openly encouraging fascist rhetoric; as long as they have an "R" next to their name at the polls, who gives a shit?

For Democrats, the issue is... well, they are extremely picky about their candidates, largely due to their donor base. They'd rather support a Republican than anyone remotely progressive, anyway. And when you purposefully are selective about who belongs in your party, it reciprocates within the politicians as well as the voter base. It's why Republicans tend to be more supportive than Democrats, because Republicans are so goal-oriented.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Yes, the Democratic Party establishment unfairly denied him a chance not once but twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    If it remember Bernie was on the ballot for the Primaries in all 50 States in both 2016 and 2020. So how did these Dem puppet masters stop people from voting for him?
    That many Democratic officials did not back him shouldn't have stopped him from getting votes from registered Democrats.

What am I missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Bernie never appealed to the southern voter. He was filling stadiums up north and was drawing crowds there but his southern strategy failed him BIG time. A fact that one reporter asked a voter in one of the southern states Hillary Clinton won in primaries and the guy looks surprised..."Who is Bernie Sanders ?"

Because as it was detailed that Bernie didn't run as hard in the southern states where he needed to do this. Hillary and Bill concentrated on the south states because they knew those states would be needed in primaries. A fact many of the people remembered how a Bill Clinton presidency helped them in those regions and fell behind Hillary quick.

Bernie never realized that he needed to win the south and just failed.
    Again, Democrats have a nasty habit of supporting democracy, and acknowledging the person who wins the votes wins.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I would laugh if the replacing Cheney with a House member who votes AGAINST a lot of the conservative polices happens. A fact Liz Cheney voted 93% of the time with Trump on his policies escapes these morons. I would laugh if the oncoming person has no real loyalty and just votes for things by a way lower margin.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Again, Democrats have a nasty habit of supporting democracy, and acknowledging the person who wins the votes wins.
    Yeah , blaming Democrats for the fact Bill & Hillary ran the southern states strategy better is silly. They knew where they had to go and win at primary wise. They knew what states that would have people love Bill. And we have to say this...Bill Clinton is loved in the southern states. If he ran against Trump in 2016 he'd have easily won the election in a cruise if allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I would laugh if the replacing Cheney with a House member who votes AGAINST a lot of the conservative polices happens. A fact Liz Cheney voted 93% of the time with Trump on his policies escapes these morons. I would laugh if the oncoming person has no real loyalty and just votes for things by a way lower margin.
    Unfortunately a Democrat isn't winning in Wyoming. So Cheney is just going to be replaced by someone even worse.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Unfortunately a Democrat isn't winning in Wyoming. So Cheney is just going to be replaced by someone even worse.
    Environmentalists call her the Wicked Witch of the West for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    NBA has announced they will not schedule any games for election day and will encourage people to use that day to go out and vote.
    Why doesn't the US just move election days to weekends, Saturday or Sunday? I know it's set by the Federal Government, but can't it be changed to boost voting?

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Damn, you guys would be pretty bored without Trump.
    They love to hate him!

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    They love to hate him!
    Painting "hate" for Trump as somehow self-serving is making excuses for fascism. Don't do that.

I would very much rather not have Trump to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Painting "hate" for Trump as somehow self-serving is making excuses for fascism. Don't do that.
    That wasn't my point at all? That's some active imagination there. I have zero sympathy for Trump, less than zero if possible.
    Last edited by hyped78; 08-17-2022 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I would very much rather not have Trump to talk about.
    "No Trump" would be bad for news TVs and newspapers, though. He's good business for them, as these weeks have been showing us
    Last edited by hyped78; 08-17-2022 at 02:59 AM.

Ultimate Member

"No Trump" would be bad for news TVs and newspapers, though. He's good business for them, as these weeks have been showing us
    So what?

He's a constant drain on society and a greater threat to our way of life than any terrorist born.

I'm confident everyone on this board, and the vast majority of people who hate him, could gladly see him disappear and never be spoken of again.

He's not the Facebook of the opposition, or some guilty pleasure, but a man who inspires hate in our country. Frankly, I loathe the time and energy that he's taken from me.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Why doesn't the US just move election days to weekends, Saturday or Sunday? I know it's set by the Federal Government, but can't it be changed to boost voting?
    For the same reason Election Day isn’t a national holiday, because Qpublicans have pulled out all the stops to make sure voting isn’t easier or more convenient for the masses because, if it was, they fear more people would hit the polls to vote Democrat.

They love to hate him!
    I can’t speak for “they”, but I’ve hated Trump LONG before he went into politics, going back to the late 1980’s when he went on a crusade to have the Central Park Five executed, despite the fact they were declared innocent after a trial, even going so far as taking out a full page newspaper spree to spew his noxious views about wanting those young men put to death. As late as 2019, Trump STILL believed those young men should’ve been executed. That’s why I hate him.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!