Page 129 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 29791191251261271281291301311321331391792296291129 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 75153
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Trump lost Minnesota by two points in 2016. Do you think swing voters would agree with rioters that he should not be in power?
    Yes, certainly.

Do you think we can trace a correlation between privilege and willingness to riot, to show that there is more rioting in privileged sections of the country?
    Yes, certainly.

EDIT: Sorry, I was being too flip with my original answer to the second question.

Yes, certainly I think we can trace a correlation between privilege and willingness to riot for no justifiable reason other than they thinking privilege hasn't gotten them what they want.

I say this as one of the privileged, under my own definition.
    Last edited by JamesonAnders; 05-29-2020 at 02:50 PM.

White people riot for their football teams winning and losing, getting haircuts in the midst of pandemics, and just if they’re drunk enough. Who has called them “violent” or “thugs”?

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

It's probably premature to worry about widespread death threats to families of police officers. It's essentially criticism of something that hasn't happened yet.
    Fair enough, though to repeat, what I’m sure is less premature is figuring out the solutions that should be put in place. The reaction to George Floyd’s death is making me further realize that I think a big problem regarding black people getting attacked and other problems of corruption isn’t so much recognizing that it’s happening in the US, but more so understanding the solutions that need to be figured out and put into action.

Worry about the dead black ppl instead of empty death threats.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    White people riot for their football teams winning and losing, getting haircuts in the midst of pandemics, and just if they’re drunk enough. Who has called them “violent” or “thugs”?
    Yep. There’s a specific group of people called thugs. I wonder why...

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    Yep. There’s a specific group of people called thugs. I wonder why...
    Exactly. It’s pretty explicitly coded language. The constant ignorance and refusal is pretty much just that... ignorance in the face of an obvious truth.

When the US loots other countries for PPE, artifacts, and resources, no one bats a damn eye. Meanwhile POOR and DISENFRANCHISED Black ppl that have been robbed of their labor and value take back what’s theirs and its soooooo “violent.” Despicable.

How has the blue state of Minnesota failed to have a democracy that represents the will of the people?
    The fact that you have little enough empathy to consider that people wouldn't consider a black man murdered slowly in the street in front of witnesses a failure of the democracy they've established says a lot about how you're a Republican, Mets. People elected Democrats, not the fascists that have turned up in this scenario.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Not all revolutions are violent. There is more than one way to create change.
    Still expecting the privileged to peacefully vote away their own privilege? Ha. There’s Republicans on here who don’t even ACKNOWLEDGE that the GOP engages in racist voter suppression. You can’t vote for change if they won’t let you vote. I’m assuming you don’t support the 1776 revolution then?

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    Still expecting the privileged to peacefully vote away their own privilege? Ha. There’s Republicans on here who don’t even ACKNOWLEDGE that the GOP engages in racist voter suppression. You can’t vote for change if they won’t let you vote. I’m assuming you don’t support the 1776 revolution then?
    Or the Boston Tea Party lmaoooo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The fact that you have little enough empathy to consider that people wouldn't consider a black man murdered slowly in the street in front of witnesses a failure of the democracy they've established says a lot about how you're a Republican, Mets. People elected Democrats, not the fascists that have turned up in this scenario.
    Republicans have more empathy for corporations that face tax increases.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Its like France. People joke that they riot at the drop of a hat but frequently its because their governments do shitty things, and the fear of a riot ensures a politician has to think twice before doing something dumb.
    Our politicians don't worry anymore about what the public thinks or how people respond.
    Shame used to work as a modifier of behavior but Trump broke that.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 05-29-2020 at 03:08 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

How has the blue state of Minnesota failed to have a democracy that represents the will of the people?
    Perhaps you should review the response by the Democratic Mayor compared to the Republican President.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Perhaps you should review the response by the Democratic Mayor compared to the Republican President.
    The mayor is a coward and the President is inciting racial violence. They’re both bad and don’t care about the issue at hand. What now?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The mayor is a coward and the President is inciting racial violence. They’re both bad and don’t care about the issue at hand. What now?
    How can say the mayor is a coward? He condemn the murder immediately, had all the officers fired and ask to County DA to file charges.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    How can say the mayor is a coward? He condemn the murder immediately, had all the officers fired and ask to County DA to file charges.
    He settled for THIRD DEGREE murder. People have to LOOK UP what that term means because it’s so uncommon. It’s the lowest tier for three cops handcuffing him and choking him for eight minutes. He also instilled a curfew starting at 8pm which will most likely be enforced by the same police/national guard that are unfairly brutalizing Black lives. He’s not AS bad but he’s certainly doing no favors. Defunding these corrupt thuggish goons that call themselves “law enforcement” is a first step.