Page 383 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 2833333733793803813823833843853863873934334838831383 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,745 of 75153

Supreme Court says eastern Oklahoma remains Native American territory

WASHINGTON – The Supreme Court ruled Thursday that the eastern half of Oklahoma can be considered Native American territory, a decision the state warned could create "civil, criminal and regulatory turmoil."

The 5-4 decision was written by Associate Justice Neil Gorsuch and joined by the court's four liberal justices. The justices considered the issue for the second time after failing to decide a different case last year, when Gorsuch was recused and the court likely deadlocked.

The case concerned an appeal from Jimcy McGirt, a Native American, who claimed his state rape conviction from 1997 should be overturned because Oklahoma lacked jurisdiction. Congress, his lawyer Ian Gershengorn said, never properly terminated the reservation.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Lt. Col. Vindman is retiring from the US Army after 21+ years because he determined his future "will forever be limited" due to retaliation by Trump and his allies. Vindman endured a "campaign of bullying, intimidation, and retaliation," his attorney said.
    This is something that doesn't get enough attention in the Trump era....the sheer vindictiveness of Trump and his administration. And shame on the toadies that enable him to get away with it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I have no doubt you're spot on right about everything you said. Yeah, Trump probably does hate the actual work that comes with being president, but I'll tell you one thing he hates more....PRISON. See below:

If Trump Doesn't Win in 2020, SDNY Will 'Be Waiting With Cuffs' When He Leaves Office: MSNBC Legal Analyst
    Yes I've thought about that to, I think when he leaves office he's going to go through pure hell in criminal investigations. I think it will be too controversial and damaging to the nation to imprison a former President, but both he and his son, and the Trump name will be drummed out of running for office forever. (I would say politics, but I can see him trying to start up some sort of Breitbart media organization to continue his adoration, and help gather support against his investigations)

Personally, I just finally want to see his tax returns. what kind of Presidential candidate doesn't release his tax returns? He is a master conman, so I wouldn't be surprised if his net worth is highly undervalued, but can taxes show links to Russian business's?

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I have no doubt you're spot on right about everything you said. Yeah, Trump probably does hate the actual work that comes with being president, but I'll tell you one thing he hates more....PRISON. See below:

If Trump Doesn't Win in 2020, SDNY Will 'Be Waiting With Cuffs' When He Leaves Office: MSNBC Legal Analyst
    How many people here ultimately think he's going to spend more time in jail than Nixon did?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    How many people here ultimately think he's going to spend more time in jail than Nixon did?
    Unlike Nixon, he wont have someone in the White House willing to pardon him. Trump will hire a team of low rate lawyers to try and keep him out of jail, so it could drag on fro years, but yeah Trump stands a good chance of being the first President to become a long-term resident of a prison.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I don't know about jail,
    but with no extradition treaty with Russia, I'd say he's likely to spend more time in Moscow than Nixon did.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I’d say it’s possible. Trump certainly thinks that way, thus his desperation to win re-election and stay out of the clutches of SDNY. The only way Trump could earn a pardon would be if he resigned before the election and let Pence take over so he’d issue that get out of jail free card, but, as I’ve said before, Trump’s ego won’t allow him to quit, even if that helps him avoid the big house.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Trump's former fixer and lawyer, Michael Cohen, was taken back to jail because he was caught at a fancy restaurant instead of ordering in like a man under house arrest should.

Should have worn a mask.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

If Trump loses in a landslide, both popular and EC, I fully expect him to resign in December and Pence to pardon him.

IF it's contested at the EC level, I fully expect him to try to pull a lame coup attempt.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Trump's former fixer and lawyer, Michael Cohen, was taken back to jail because he was caught at a fancy restaurant instead of ordering in like a man under house arrest should.

Should have worn a mask.
    To quote the esteemed Bugs Bunny, wotta maroon!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Speaking of Cohen, now we have this book coming out from Trump's niece Mary who who has a doctoral degree in clinical psychology. How many friends, associates etc of Trump have thrown him under the bus either by writing a book or making negative statements about Trump after leaving his administration, etc? Cohen is someone who was a loyal henchman for Trump for years and flipped on him.

Off the top of my head:

• Michael Cohen
    • John Bolton
    • John Kelly
    • Rex Tillerson
    • General John Mattis
    • Anthony Scaramucci

Who else?

BANNED

Dems idea of looking out for the little guy...

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...p-money-354252

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    If Trump loses in a landslide, both popular and EC, I fully expect him to resign in December and Pence to pardon him.

IF it's contested at the EC level, I fully expect him to try to pull a lame coup attempt.
    Columnist Max Boot had a piece in the Washington Post detailing a "war game" scenario in which Trump refuses to accept the results if he does indeed lose in November.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...nsists-he-won/

"The session was organized by the Transition Integrity Project, a nonpartisan group founded by Rosa Brooks of Georgetown Law School and Nils Gilman of the Berggruen Institute. The scenario we were given predicted a narrow Biden victory in the electoral college: 278 to 260. Various participants played the role of the Trump campaign, the Biden campaign, Republican and Democratic elected officials, the news media, and other key players to see what would happen next.

I was on Team Trump and, needless to say, we did not concede defeat. Instead, we went to work, ruthlessly and unscrupulously, utilizing every ounce of power at our disposal, to secure the 10 electoral college votes to swing the election. We focused our attention on three of the swing states that Biden won in our scenario — Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania — because, in all three, Republicans control both branches of the legislature. Normally, the governor certifies the election results, and in all three states the governor is a Democrat. But there is nothing to prevent the legislature from certifying a different election outcome."

BANNED

deleted..my bad
    Last edited by Spidey5640; 07-09-2020 at 01:18 PM. Reason: duplicated post

BANNED

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/08/n....co/bMQ2YniUWz

and here's an example of their tolerance for people who don't agree with them....