Page 669 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 16956961965966566666766866967067167267367971976911691669 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,035 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Bolton did not dispute it. He said he didn't hear it but it sounded like something Trump would say.
    That's not really the case.

He absolutely did dispute the specific example that story brought up. After doing so, he mentioned that there were other instances that he would not be able to dispute and said that he did not believe that saying something like that would be out of character.

Is anyone else going to watch th Trump Town Hall tonight on ABC?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That's not really the case.

He absolutely did dispute the specific example that story brought up. After doing so, he mentioned that there were other instances that he would not be able to dispute and said that he did not believe that saying something like that would be out of character.
    John R. Bolton, the president’s former national security adviser who has broken with him and called him unfit for office, said he was on the trip in question and never heard Mr. Trump make those remarks. “I didn’t hear that,” Mr. Bolton said in an interview. “I’m not saying he didn’t say them later in the day or another time, but I was there for that discussion.”
    He didn't hear that. Not, he didn't say it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

John R. Bolton, the president’s former national security adviser who has broken with him and called him unfit for office, said he was on the trip in question and never heard Mr. Trump make those remarks. “I didn’t hear that,” Mr. Bolton said in an interview. “I’m not saying he didn’t say them later in the day or another time, but I was there for that discussion.
    He didn't hear that. Not, he didn't say it.
    What is in blue is pretty clearly...

"I Was There For The Conversation In Question, And I Didn't Hear What Folks Are Saying Was Said."

So, yeah. He is saying he didn't say it during the conversation in question. He then allows for that he could have(and that it would not be out of character for Trump To Have...) said something like that later.

That he could have said it later does nothing to change that Bolton said really clearly that he was for the conversation in question, and that Trump never said it in that conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    What is in blue is pretty clearly...

"I Was There For The Conversation In Question, And I Didn't Hear What Folks Are Saying Was Said."

So, yeah. He is saying he didn't say it during the conversation in question. He then allows for that he could have(and that it would not be out of character for Trump To Have...) said something like that later.

That he could have said it later does nothing to change that Bolton said really clearly that he was for the conversation in question, and that Trump never said it in that conversation.
    So Trump never said it and the multiple sources that confirmed are lying? OK

I bet he never said Science doesn't know either?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

So Trump never said it and the multiple sources that confirmed are lying? OK

I bet he never said Science doesn't know either?
    The guy saying he did not say it is about to have the Justice Department open an investigation of him.

If he has a really good reason to lie(never mind that it would have sold books if he did hear that and could put it into the book...), I am completely missing it.

Bottom Line: If it's Sanders saying she didn't hear it? That's one thing. Meanwhile, the one reasonably independent person involved in the conversation in question has said pretty clearly that he did not hear him say anything like that.

On the other hand?

Not one of the confirmed sources folks have cited have come out to counter what Bolton said happened.

The one even remotely independent person involved in the conversation that has gone on the record says it didn't happen. Didn't even rule out that it could have happened later. Just said really clearly that he was there for a specific conversation, and that the reporting does not reflect the conversation he was involved in.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    UPDATE
    — He concluded meeting by telling staff to listen to the Grateful Dead
    Well, there's something I can agree with him on.

And because there hasn't been enough upsetting news recently, there is a whistleblower complaint from an ICE facility in Georgia that states that a doctor there was performing unnecessary hysterectomies on migrant woman without the consent of the women.

Trump is taking credit for shutting things down and saving millions of lives by his actions in that town hall.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I don't care if this guy did vote for Jill Stein last time, he is doing the best job of dealing with Trump that I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    I'm all for expanding Medicare but we can't just point to European countries and go "let's do what they do". They mostly have good health care thanks to a willingness and a devotion towards paying for it. America was effectively founded on the principle of not paying for anything.
    Something to consider is, even if medicare for all were to come about the GOP would be constantly chipping away at healthcare budgets and placing restrictions on treatment in an effort to sabotage the system.
    I've seriously begun to doubt a functioning government is possible anymore with Republicans playing any part.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

I'm all for expanding Medicare but we can't just point to European countries and go "let's do what they do". They mostly have good health care thanks to a willingness and a devotion towards paying for it. America was effectively founded on the principle of not paying for anything.
    America pays twice as much for Healthcare per capita than any modern country. We spend more with worse outcomes for fewer people.

https://twitter.com/willsommer/statu...725870080?s=21

Don't worry, WBE! There's also this bit of news that is sure to make your day.

Incredible Member

I'm also sure Biden will be convinced somehow to soften that stance. Regardless, everyone acting like he's some left wing kook when his career and policies mostly lean moderate are amazing to behold.
    Well, that's something I never understood about the US. People keep talking about the "American dream", but for me, a country where the poor can't have basic medecine because it's too expensive and the insurances are too expensive too is not a dream but a nightmare. That's why I'm so happy to be french. Here our people with diabete can follow their treatment without ruining themselves, and if they're hospitalised because of Covid-19, they won't have anything to pay. I've heard american people bragging about being in a high income/low taxes country, but if you have to payso much for basic healthcare, what good does it do?