1. #34861
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    5,778

    Default

    Guys we need these voter laws if we didnt have the restrictions being passed then in 2022 we will have poll workers changing ballets, Biden's dog, babies from China and worse yet People of color voting in Georgia 2022. And lets be real. All of these bs theories and and crazy talk that the GOP is engaged in so they can pass these laws is really about keeping the last group of people from voting.

    They could care less about so called voter security. They just want their guys voting and ever ballot cast against them is a fake ballet made possible by fraud. Dont change the message to appeal to common sense and the people. Change the rules to keep power. That is all this is and any member of the GOP who says other wise is either a liar of a fool.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  2. #34862
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    5,778

    Default

    What is also funny is how little fuss at the start has been made about state or local races. Even in Areas where the GOP lost the state or local it is only the votes for Biden that are fraud. Like the state and local guys losing is not fraud it is only Trump. Maybe they saw how dumb that was because I have only heard concern on the state level candidates only recently.

    And if I remember right Mail in voting has been around for awhile. yet there was no issue at all until 2020. Like no one even questioned it. Or that is was not safe or open for fraud. At least not on this level.
    Last edited by babyblob; 10-20-2021 at 08:58 AM.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  3. #34863
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    25,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    What is also funny is how little fuss at the start has been made about state or local races. Even in Areas where the GOP lost the state or local it is only the votes for Biden that are fraud. Like the state and local guys losing is not fraud it is only Trump. Maybe they saw how dumb that was because I have only heard concern on the state level candidates only recently.

    And if I remember right Mail in voting has been around for awhile. yet there was no issue at all until 2020. Like no one even questioned it. Or that is was not safe or open for fraud. At least not on this level.
    There wasn't a question or concern about mail-in voting from Qpublicans until Trump started bitching about it. Of course, lapdog right wingers ran with that nonsense and, all of a sudden, it's FRAUDAPALOOZA!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  4. #34864
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    5,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    There wasn't a question or concern about mail-in voting from Qpublicans until Trump started bitching about it. Of course, lapdog right wingers ran with that nonsense and, all of a sudden, it's FRAUDAPALOOZA!
    That is what I mean. If all of these guys were so concerned about this like they claim they would have bitching for years. it shows they dont give a shit about anything other then kissing Trumps ass and hoping to lay at his feet like a dog.

    Also what is ignored is that Trump himself engaged in early voting. Something he bitched about as being unsafe. If I remember right he also in an interview a few years back said he cast ballots by mail in the past.
    Last edited by babyblob; 10-20-2021 at 09:30 AM.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  5. #34865
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    25,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    That is what I mean. If all of these guys were so concerned about this like they claim they would have bitching for years. it shows they dont give a shit about anything other then kissing Trumps ass and hoping to lay at his feet like a dog.

    Also what is ignored by so many is that Trump himself voted by mail. So he used a system that he himself has been bitching about weeks before the election with no issue.
    C'mon, dude! Did you expect The Donald to vote in person and have to mingle with the "little people"? Get real, man!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  6. #34866
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    5,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    C'mon, dude! Did you expect The Donald to vote in person and have to mingle with the "little people"? Get real, man!
    Yep what was I thinking. I did edit my post because he also engaged in early voting. Another thing that the GOP bitch about being unsafe and try to restrict.

    So he engaged in the two big things he and his cult bitch about. And the times he did so with out issue. but this is a fact that he and the GOP ignore all the time.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  7. #34867
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    25,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Yep what was I thinking. I did edit my post because he also engaged in early voting. Another thing that the GOP bitch about being unsafe and try to restrict.

    So he engaged in the two big things he and his cult bitch about. And the times he did so with out issue. but this is a fact that he and the GOP ignore all the time.
    When it comes to Trump, it's do as I say (bitch that mail-in voting is bad), and not as I do (voted by mail). Qpublicans understood the hypocrisy, but followed Trump's lead anyway.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  8. #34868
    Ultimate Member Malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeville, NY
    Posts
    10,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Can you elaborate?

    Do you think there's massive organized fraud? If so, what evidence is there and why haven't people in Trump's orbit made a better case for it?

    Or is it something else, like a departure from agreed-upon rules?
    If your argument gets Mets to join us over here in reality land, you know your argument is pure 100% bullshit.
    Watching television is not an activity.

  9. #34869
    Ultimate Member Malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeville, NY
    Posts
    10,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    What is also funny is how little fuss at the start has been made about state or local races. Even in Areas where the GOP lost the state or local it is only the votes for Biden that are fraud. Like the state and local guys losing is not fraud it is only Trump. Maybe they saw how dumb that was because I have only heard concern on the state level candidates only recently.

    And if I remember right Mail in voting has been around for awhile. yet there was no issue at all until 2020. Like no one even questioned it. Or that is was not safe or open for fraud. At least not on this level.
    Mail-in ballots weren't an issue before because they never had a real effect on any election. Before 2020, there was almost always a bigger difference between the winner and loser than the number of mail-in ballots cast, so they never bothered to count them. But because Covid caused so many people to vote via mail-in ballots, there were many counties where Trump's lead was significantly smaller than the number of mail-in ballots cast. So after counting the mail-in ballots, Biden had the lead. That's why Trump called fraud on the mail-in ballots.
    Watching television is not an activity.

  10. #34870
    Sans Pants ChadH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Incertisque loci...incerto tempore
    Posts
    3,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    You are entitled to think that I am an awful person as a point of our pluralist society but that is just it - what you call basic sympathy is more programmatic than your opinion and has become policy and law erasing needed harsh realities or in other cases like that of Covid just replacing one harshness with another. Further, It is not that I need the attention but that the alternative ideas of what is "good" for society be aired in this forum to hold off, as some one else put in it The Closing of the American Mind
    What I think isn’t so much the issue.
    “Screw sick children. It’s on them if they get sick and die. They obviously weren’t taking enough care” is an objectively awful thing to say.
    To ascribe that opinion to some vague ideal of free will or paranoid slippery slope argument of a totalitarian government is awful and cowardly in a completely different way.
    Last edited by ChadH; 10-20-2021 at 10:54 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners Thread So much winning!!

    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
    "Being politically incorrect shouldn't be a matter of pride. It's the last gasp of the wrong side of history." - Unknown
    "By all means, compare these s**t-heads to Nazis." - Mike Godwin referring to the protesters in Charlottesville.

  11. #34871
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    5,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Mail-in ballots weren't an issue before because they never had a real effect on any election. Before 2020, there was almost always a bigger difference between the winner and loser than the number of mail-in ballots cast, so they never bothered to count them. But because Covid caused so many people to vote via mail-in ballots, there were many counties where Trump's lead was significantly smaller than the number of mail-in ballots cast. So after counting the mail-in ballots, Biden had the lead. That's why Trump called fraud on the mail-in ballots.
    Oh I get the reason. But so many of these GOP and Trump cult members say that every vote should be legit and no case of fraud should be accepted. Even in a race where the one vote does not matter. So if they are as worried as they claim then they would have been worried for years because even in past races where mail in votes could not change the outcome should have been just as problemsome if there was fraud in them as mail in votes in 2020 and beyond.

    The only reason they care is because Trump lost. The issue isnt mail in voting at all just that Trump lost.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  12. #34872
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    5,778

    Default

    Also the fact that they do not want any of the votes checked in states he won just in case there was fraud in those states shows they are talking out of their ass. Like fraud is okay for Biden if he lost but not if he won. And if Trump won by fraud they dont want that out there or even risk it. I dont think Trump won those states by fraud but the fact they dont care enough about there being widespread fraud for Biden in the voting system if Trump won the state? These idiots just need to go away.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  13. #34873
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    And we don't have complicated systems of mass distribution and manipulation? I guess that whistle blower at FB is just a crank too?
    We know that very sophisticated data science and mail marketing people worked, like SKDK, for the DNC and the Biden Campaign. As we know from Bush v. Gore close elections are the easiest to turn.
    Looking for bags of fake ballots is distraction from an more elaborate tweak of the system.
    It's hilarious to me that you clearly don't understand that persuading more people to vote for you isn't stealing an election.

    And it wasn't as if Trump had a Democratic hand up his rear, making him suggest drinking bleach.

  14. #34874
    Ultimate Member Mister Mets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    What I think isn’t so much the issue.
    “Screw sick children. It’s on them if they get sick and die. They obviously weren’t taking enough care” is an objectively awful thing to say.
    To ascribe that opinion to some vague ideal of free will or paranoid slippery slope argument of a totalitarian government is awful and cowardly in a completely different way.
    I don't think that's his view.

    We have to be able to assess tradeoffs, and to consider risks accurately.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    If your argument gets Mets to join us over here in reality land, you know your argument is pure 100% bullshit.
    Mets is always in reality land, getting pushback for correct statements like pointing out that the guy from West Virginia responsible for the party's narrow Senate majority is immensely valuable to Democrats, that progressives were too quick to trust reports of Maryland high schoolers in the 1980s consistently gang-raping college students, that the vice-chairman of the DNC/ a member of congressional leadership represents the party, that a presidential election in which the tipping point state was won by less than a point is close, that Cuomo's strategy of sending people with Covid to nursing homes was ill-advised, and that it's possible a congessman's comments about vigilante justice towards those who commit hate crimes against Asian-Americans was not meant as a dog whistle about lynching African-Americans.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

  15. #34875
    Ultimate Member Mister Mets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    As my son might put it there are so many "sus" aspects that some are just blind alley waste of time, money and energy intentionally. If you Blue team this after Red Teaming the Legal challenges you can deploy your assets to waste time and blunt calls for evidence. We know the DNC did a red team conference in the summer that was reported in the MSM. Lessons learned from Marc Elias' work for the Democratic National Committee in 2016 took the suit on Machine counts and Mail ins and set up the pawns in the elaborate campaign. Then we have the much cited and circular "The Secret Bipartisan Campaign That Saved the 2020 Election | Time" https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/ which talks about the PR to inoculate the Mail in vote from critique.
    Key figure there Mike Podhorzer shows up again in recent data science debates among DNC polling predictions which points to the fact that the campaign was not just about PR but tactical lawsuits and flooding election balloting zones. (look at how Greens were closed out this go round)

    This is the short version. Look I don't think Trump or his people have the brains or the operation to counter it and it would take a well funded investigation to set out to delegitimize our election system and who has the stomach to do that.

    meanwhile in the disinformation age


    I wonder where the million dollar defamation suit by Dominion is?
    There's some stuff in politics that is legal and controversial.

    I'm curious as to why you think the deal between the Chamber of Commerce and AFL-CIO to honor the results of an election would fall in that category.

    They made the agreement under the veil of ignorance unaware of who would win, which is probably the best way to come up with policies.

    The main effect was to prevent Trump from making a bad-faith argument about in-person voting (I wrote the red mirage in September. It was a predictable phenomenon that some Republicans tried to take advantage of.) though it could have just as easily ended up preventing bad-faith arguments from Democrats if Trump had done a little bit better in Wisconsin, Arizona and Georgia.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •