Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WAKANDA FOREVER! View Post
    When Authorized Good Guys With Guns Do Nothing. For an hour. And a customs and border patrol team took the killer out?
    I’m surprised someone hasn’t already posted this question, so I will: Would those cops have gone into the school with guns blazing if those hostaged kids were….WHITE?

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Fox news is in such a state of What to do.

On one hand they love the police. On the other hand they want to push the If a teacher had a gun then it wouldnt matter the police did nothing.

But in the end I am hearing more of the arm the teacher camp because of this,
    Here’s the ironic thing: Qpublicans and Faux News idiots don’t trust teachers to choose what books for kids to read, but they trust them with guns instead. Utter stupidity.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Teachers already have to buy their own supplies. They probably expect them to pay for the glass as well.

Also, as far as I know, bulletproof glass loses its effectiveness over time. Odds are by the time it's needed, it won't be as effective. Also, it would have made no difference in this case, since the shooter was already INSIDE THE BUILDING. Hell, I don't think it would make a difference in any past school shooting, because the shooters were already in the buildings.
    Uvalde can get some of the money by eliminating thier police department. I don't normally go full Libertarian and scream "taxation is theft", but in this case...

Every single tax dollar that goes to the Uvalde police department has been stolen from the people. The department needs to be razed to the ground and rebuilt from the ground up with zero of the old people involved. Maybe we can relent for any officer who grovels enough to be forgiven by every single family member of every single student and teacher who was present that day. Because if that is what happens when called upon to protect the public, the public should know they can do better.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 05-26-2022 at 05:13 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I’m surprised someone hasn’t already posted this question, so I will: Would those cops have gone into the school with guns blazing if those hostaged kids were….WHITE?
    Dun, dun, duuuuuun!

Richard N. Ojeda tweets:
    "You ass hats are now going to talk about arming teachers. The same teachers you can’t trust to teach history. GFYS! Gun Reform NOW! All of you toothless, inbred NRA supporters can go to hell too!"

While the vast amount of victims appear to be Mexican-Americans, there were some white children that were killed. It was also reported that, while some of the cops went in and got their kids out, at least one deputy lost a child in the massacre. So I think, in this case, it was more gross incompetence than racism.

While the vast amount of victims appear to be Mexican-Americans, there were some white children that were killed. It was also reported that, while some of the cops went in and got their kids out, at least one deputy lost a child in the massacre. So I think, in this case, it was more gross incompetence than racism.
    some uvalde cops are also mexican americans. I agree with you about incompetence thing.

Lauren Boebert was on Fox News. Talking about armed Citizens stopping mass shooting. There have been only tow dead. The victim and the shooter because an armed citizen has taken him down. Studies show this. What studies? What Mass shootings have been stopped by a random guy with a gun? Where is she getting her data?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Richard N. Ojeda tweets:
    "You ass hats are now going to talk about arming teachers. The same teachers you can’t trust to teach history. GFYS! Gun Reform NOW! All of you toothless, inbred NRA supporters can go to hell too!"
    I like this gentleman. He told the truth!

Okay, if not racism, then perhaps fear. If that’s the case, then those cops need to find another line of work.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Soundly “beating” this hypothetical tyrannical government (which as you and others here rightfully point out will more likely than not have the clear edge in the form of a functioning modern military) might not be so much the idea as putting up a considerable enough resistance to make said government rethink whether it’s worth dedicating the effort and resources to cowing their own citizens just to get their “new order” in place.
    I've seen this thought circulating among the survivalist/"rebolution" LARPers online, usually including some version of "if the Taliban can do it for 20 years you should see what we can do!" The problem with comparing it to Afghanistan is we had a specific objective (trying to find 5-20 bearded guys living in caves in a country mostly made of caves filled with bearded guys) and weren't trying to permanently occupy or conquer the land and at the same time trying to minimize civilian casualties.

If terrorists were trying to conquer the US to overthrow the government and install a christian version of the Taliban the kid gloves approach and limited engagement would be out the window. The terrorists could make life difficult, do damage (it's always easier to tear things down than to build or maintain things), and inflict casualties but they would have zero chance militarily.

There's also the argument that the military would "side with us". Unless the military overthrows a weak government in a coup (typically in third world nations, often with backing by a more powerful power like us) the military generally and historically always sides with the people/regime currently in power. Individuals might feel differently and some might even defect, but most will stay because they care about their families and loved ones and want to be on the winning side.

There's also the point that even in a scenario in which that did happen (again, won't, but to play devil's advocate) it would still mean Billy Bob and his big ol' self-esteem/manhood substitute meant f##k-all in the big scheme of things, just like he and it have always done, and at best he can pipe up after the real fight ends and say "and I helped!" before getting a pat on the head and a "sure you did, kid".

The only real threat is by taking over the system itself politically and eroding the protections and systems which keep order, debate, and peaceful transfer of power between parties/ideologies by the will of the voter. Guns aren't going to do it. At best they're a wedge issue you can fool the insecure with in order to get them to vote against their own interests. Guns as an idea, rather than as a tool of revolution.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Lauren Boebert was on Fox News. Talking about armed Citizens stopping mass shooting. There have been only tow dead. The victim and the shooter because an armed citizen has taken him down. Studies show this. What studies? What Mass shootings have been stopped by a random guy with a gun? Where is she getting her data?
    Literally the voices in her head. It's more likely the armed citizen trying to help might get killed by the cops instead(something that actually almost happened here in Alabama a few years ago).

Mighty Member

Only soulless Qpublicans can look at this cover and not feel one iota of guilt over how their Second Amendment fetish and unwavering allegiance/compliance to the NRA led to assault weapons like AR-15's being made available to mentally unstable people like the Ulvade shooter. I absolutely do NOT want to hear GQPers say they’re pro-life after Tuesday's nightmare.

So, again Democrats are innocent? Why don't they get called out for the crap they pull on this board? Come on, double standard. And give me a break no matter what side of the gun aisle you're on murder is murder. Just because a politician in power doesn't publicly say how horrible the Texas shooting was doesn't mean they're not affected by it.
    Last edited by CTTT; 05-26-2022 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    So, again Democrats are innocent? Why don't they get called out for the crap they pull on this board? Come on, double standard. And give me a break no matter what side of the gun aisle you're on murder is murder. Just because a politician in power doesn't publicly say how horrible the Texas shooting was doesn't mean they're not affected by it.
    Oh for gods sake.

Doesn't mean that they are, either...

I like this gentleman. He told the truth!

Okay, if not racism, then perhaps fear. If that’s the case, then those cops need to find another line of work.
    Yes sir, Mr. Ojeda is a liberal democrat from a red state full of rednecks. He is a former West Virginia State senator. I have been following him up on twitter for a couple of years. Most of his tweets are interesting, blunt, truthful and made sense to me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Ojeda

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

So what is the GOP doing about preventing this carnage from occuring again? Absolutely nothing. As long as people are allowed to buy AR-15s this carnage will occur again and again. Now it's twice in less than a month. No where else in the world does this happen with such frequency.