Page 388 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 2883383783843853863873883893903913923984384888881388 ... LastLast
Results 5,806 to 5,820 of 75153
    Ultimate Member

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/ca...-time/2403808/

Dallas ISD announced Thursday night that a board of trustees meeting had been called at which district administration could recommend alternative start dates.

The superintendent said he's been listening to changing public opinion.

Our parents have pivoted. More than 50% of them are now saying they don’t want to come. And here we’re hearing loud and clear from our employees, especially our teachers, that they have a lot of concerns about how we can pull this off," Hinojosa said.

[URL="https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/506613-dallas-schools-superintendent-casts-doubt-on-high-school-football-this[/URL]

he superintendent of the Dallas Independent School District said Thursday that it looks unlikely that Texas's second-largest school district will be able to go forward with fall football games as planned due to coronavirus concerns.

Michael Hinojosa told MSNBC's Garrett Haake that football, due to its status as a "full-contact" sport, could make social distancing guidelines impossible to follow.

“That’s a true contact sport, I don't see how we can pull that off. There's been some discussion of moving it to the spring, but we'll have to wait and see. I don't — I seriously doubt that we can pull that off," he said.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Hinojosa added that the district could see its entire fall semester delayed due to a spike in COVID-19 cases that has vexed Texas health authorities in recent days.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Pretty rich coming from a state that is way too poor to handle this.
    But it's the blue states that are the takers. Right...

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

He really hates education when you get down to it.

Trump threatens tax-exempt status of colleges, says many are about 'Radical Left Indoctrination'

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Pretty rich coming from a state that is way too poor to handle this.
    It's a pretty irresponsible comment. A vaccine builds herd immunity by exposing people to part of the virus. That is why medical science exists and continues to advance, speaking of which....

Oh Kayne your so funny.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ms/5397159002/

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I don't think Trump has ever had ANY real friends, save perhaps for Roy Cohn. In his world, there are only lackeys, henchmen, bootlickers and sycophants.
    There was always Epstein...

Well this just sucks. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY sucks.

The conservative-controlled Wisconsin Supreme Court has upheld Republican-authored lame-duck laws that curtailed the powers of the incoming Democratic attorney general.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    and apparently millions of GOP voters, especially Trump's intellectually challenged base, is OK with this too.
    I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this was the rationale for Trumpanzees who had no problem with bounties placed on the heads of American soldiers:

"Well, most of those soldier boys are blacks and Latinos, so who cares if they get whacked? MAGA!"

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    No surprise there. I mean, Trump likes his followers good and stupid. If they were educated and figured out that the GOP was a three ring **** show, the party would have no voters.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Education? Trump hates children. He hates his own kids, which is why he tormented most of them for so long it twisted them as badly as he had been twisted.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

West Virginia Mail Carrier Admits Attempted Election Fraud

An investigation by the secretary of state’s office found five of the ballot requests were changed from Democrat to Republican with a black ink pen, the affidavit said.

Bennie Cogar, an attorney general’s office investigator who conducted the probe on behalf of the secretary of state’s office, said in the affidavit that the Pendleton County clerk called some of the voters after receiving the requests because she knew they were not Republicans. The clerk then contacted the secretary of state’s office to report the alterations.

On the other three requests, the voters’ party was not changed. However, in addition to the “Republican” box originally checked in blue ink, the word “Republican” was later circled in black ink, the affidavit said.

Cooper admitted in an interview with Cogar and a postal inspector that he changed some of the requests he picked up from the Onega post office from Democrat to Republican.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Education? Trump hates children. He hates his own kids, which is why he tormented most of them for so long it twisted them as badly as he had been twisted.
    I hate to imagine what life must be like for Trump's youngest, Barron (who the hell names a kid after a financial magazine?). I mean, has anyone actually seen that kid smile while in public? I've heard unsubstantiated rumors that Barron is on the autism spectrum, but then, maybe he's just unhappy as hell, living in Trump's world.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Michael Cohen rushed back to upstate N.Y. prison after refusing to sign Trump book gag order

Like him or not, I hope he doesn't end up like Epstein.

Michael Cohen is back to square one.

Hours after being taken into custody on Thursday, Cohen was rushed back to the upstate New York prison he got released from just weeks ago over coronavirus concerns, according to his attorney, Jeffrey Levine.
    Levine told the Daily News that the Bureau of Prisons didn’t let him or his client’s family know until Friday morning that Cohen had been returned to the federal lockup in Otisville.

“I had been trying to locate him all night and no one had any information, and this morning I spoke to the prison and they confirmed to me that he’s been there since last night,” Levine said. “We’ve been completely in the dark on this.”

Cohen, 53, has been placed in solitary confinement to isolate for two weeks as consistent with the prison’s coronavirus protocols, Levine said.

The BOP did not return a request for comment.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    How hard is it to order in? Good lord...

In this case I think it is more about two other things.

One: red meat for the Republican base, who think all colleges are Berkeley from the 1960s.

Two: Translated from Trumpspeak, 'Radical Left' is a catchall for anyone who opposes him at a given moment.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Got another one for you WBE. Ted Lieu was questioning DeSantis' stupid Home Depot remark when James P. Bradley, who is running against Ted, tweeted this:

We know you don’t go to Home Depot. That’s what real men do.
    What is this alpha male BS?

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    How hard is it to order in? Good lord...
    Evidently, the early assumption that he was being punished for going to a restaurant was not correct.

It's much more sinister: Apparently, he was let out on condition of not talking to any media. Which is highly unusual.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!