Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That's just so damn sad to read.

Predictable given what was allowed to happen, but sad none the less.

I'm sure there's some kind of Republican defense to this news though that is totally rational though.
    Sad? Yes. But also enraging. This is what we told people would happen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Sad? Yes. But also enraging. This is what we told people would happen.
    It doesn't matter to the other side because either the deaths and tragedy are less than the number of babies aborted, or they simply don't care about pregnant women who consider abortion as a valid choice as they are immoral and deserve what they get. Both ways allow them to feel morally superior after all.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Former Indiana AG Curtis Hill among Republicans seeking to replace Jackie Walorski's congressional seat

I don't like this. Curtis Hill was the last attorney general the Hoosier State had before we ended up with an even worse human being as AG, and he's run the gambit of making people feel uncomfortable from his Elvis fetish to groping women. Which means he's probably going to win the seat.

This is an interesting poll.

Rubio is doing much worse than DeSantis. Manchin and Sinema might lose their power.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    This is an interesting poll.

Rubio is doing much worse than DeSantis. Manchin and Sinema might lose their power.
    Manchin & Sinema aren't up for re-election this year.

But there day to get primary-booted is comin'.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

I see Sinema getting primaried but primarying Manchin (assuming he doesn't retire) would seem to be a big mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    And our current boring, competent, centrist President has brought out the anger, incivility and mania in the GOP far more than anything we have legitimately have said about Trump.

Even after all that has happened, I see them wishing Trump was still President instead of Biden, who apparently is the most evil man in the world. And his son has a laptop.
    That's Dark Brandon for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    And our current boring, competent, centrist President has brought out the anger, incivility and mania in the GOP far more than anything we have legitimately have said about Trump.

Even after all that has happened, I see them wishing Trump was still President instead of Biden, who apparently is the most evil man in the world. And his son has a laptop.
    Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I see Sinema getting primaried but primarying Manchin (assuming he doesn't retire) would seem to be a big mistake.
    Arizona has some great candidates who could knock off Sinema without breaking a sweat who people would rally behind.

I do not hear much in the way of West Virginia Democrats who are progressive enough and liked enough that they could pull off the same move on Manchin.

Alas, I have to agree.

But, if Democrats get a Senate Majority big enough to minimize Manchin's hostage-taking moves over the filibuster, it might be he's just an anomaly among their caucus but far more irrelevant.

And that's the dream.

I did not say they were up for reelection.

But they will lose the power they hold over democrats anyway if Val Demings replaces Marco Rubio.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    I did not say they were up for reelection.

But they will lose the power they hold over democrats anyway if Val Demings replaces Marco Rubio.
    or if Fetterman replaces Toomey.
    or if Ron Johnson loses to Mandela Barnes.
    or if Tim Ryan beats JD Vance.

At the moment, it looks like all four things could come to pass... but I'm not counting anything until the final votes are in.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I could go for some boring.
    Boring with a side order of peace of mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Not mature enough to get an abortion, but definitely mature enough to get through a pregnancy and have a kid at the say so of a court.

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1559541026695544833
    I’m curious who this girls parents voted for.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 08-16-2022 at 10:30 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Boring with a side order of peace of mind.

I’m curious who this girls parents voted for.
    The Tweet says she is a parentless 16 year old.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just like Indiana Jones, Trump, the GQP and Faux News are making it up as they go, literally throwing **** against the wall to see what, if anything will stick. That tells me they’re desperate to change the narrative to make Dolt 45 look less like the criminal scumbag he was for taking all those top secret documents, but don’t know how to go about it.
    They’re deliberately muddying the waters so none of his followers will see him for the criminal he is.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The Tweet says she is a parentless 16 year old.
    Yes, I see that now. Thanks.

Sinemas days are certainly numbered, but if someone runs against Manchin, they'll be doing it without the official blessings of the WV Democratic party. Rumor has it Manchin runs the party and even after the last year and a half of his f**kery they've voiced very little criticism of him.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 08-16-2022 at 10:55 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    They’re deliberately muddying the waters so none of his followers will see him for the criminal he is.

Yes, I see that now. Thanks.
    Even if they saw him as a criminal they wouldnt care. People thought Trump was joking when he made that comment about shooting someone on 5th Avenue and people still voting for him.

He could come out and say "yep I did want the people on the 6th to kill Pence. I did talk like I did so they would go there. I know there is no fraud. And I did take top secret documents and I showed them to everyone."

And they would either say it is a deep fake video or they would find reasons to excuse it or they just wouldnt give a crap. There is nothing, NOTHING Trump can do or say thay will make his cult of the GOP move off of him.

It is clear by now that is the case.

As to the last part. The state and GOP will blame the 16 year old for getting pregnant to begin with. So of course she has to have the baby. Then they will call her a free loader and bum when she tries to get government help to take care of the baby.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Boisterously Confused