Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    So Kelly Loefller backed Qanon for nothing.
    Speaking of which

Trump’s Lawyer Sidney Powell Is Hardcore QAnon - Nov 20, 2020

Rudy Giuliani grabbed most of the headlines after his dangerously unhinged press conference on Thursday where he made baseless claims about rigged election results that were off the wall — even by his standards. But his performance was nothing compared to Trump’s other lawyer, Sidney Powell, whose statement was a litany of unfounded allegations that appeared to have been lifted wholesale from the QAnon fever swamp.

Maybe someone has a changed their mind about QAnon and is trying to distance themselves from it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And then some. That ruling was the legal equivalent of Randy Savage delivering an elbow smash from the top rope.
    It's really become a joke at this point. Your country is becoming a laughing stock around the world, so you need to get rid of Trump fast.

It's sad to see Americans on tv believing in a conspiracy theories about Venezuela that have no sound evidence to back them up, but hey...

what did you think was going to happen when you handed the keys of the Whitehouse over to a fringe nationalist crackpot who believes in birther conspiracies? The outcome is kind of inevitable.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Speaking of which

Trump’s Lawyer Sidney Powell Is Hardcore QAnon - Nov 20, 2020

Maybe someone has a changed their mind about QAnon and is trying to distance themselves from it.
    Fruit loops attract fruit loops, it's the law of magnetism.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Fruit loops attract fruit loops, it's the law of magnetism.
    Fucking magnets, how do they work? Guess they don't teach you that in Canada.

Astonishing Member

It's really become a joke at this point. Your country is becoming a laughing stock around the world, so you need to get rid of Trump fast.

It's sad to see Americans on tv believing in a conspiracy theories about Venezuela that have no sound evidence to back them up, but hey...

what did you think was going to happen when you handed the keys of the Whitehouse over to a fringe nationalist crackpot who believes in birther conspiracies? The outcome is kind of inevitable.
    We did, Trump's just in denial.

Republicans disagreeing with reality has been a thing since at least George W. Bush. The Republicans party's thrived on conspiracy theories with their propaganda networks even longer than that.

America didn't do that, Republicans did. Democrats tried to warn them of the threat Trump posed but they refused to listen and many in fact endorsed what he did when they heard about it. Trump was a conclusion to decades of Republican propaganda from networks like Fox News, created by various right wing billionaires and aided by moderates like George W Bush and Dick Cheney. And he was unable to do that without a big help from Russia interfering and Comey breaking the Hatch Act. The reason Trump was made possible is because the GOP aren't a pack of losers who don't know what they're doing, they're professional political assassins who have dominated politics in America for a long, long time.

Astonishing Member

It's not like Canada's immune for horrible right wing politicians, like Doug and Rob Ford. They'd be right at home in the Republican party.

BANNED

Bear in mind, Trump as damaging as he is, is reversible.

Brexit isn't.

Trump lost the popular vote both times.

Brexit won, both times, the referendum and last year's General Election rewarding the party and candidate driving Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    But, this is where I thought it was weird, pages, days back when I think it was Farrealmer (?) asked if you could imagine the Democrats behaving the way the Republicans are behaving right now. You said you could see them standing behind a Democratic president who was not losing gracefully ... but, what Trump is doing goes beyond not being a graceful loser. He's calling on Republicans in government to ignore the real results of the election, and agree to his claim that he will remain president, despite his having lost.

He is doing his best to completely undermine the government having a free and fair election. Whatever criticism I might have for the Democrats, I seriously can't imagine a Democrat President trying to pull this. And I definitely can't imagine the party standing behind one, if somehow they did go insane enough to try it.
    We'll see how many officials agree that he should remain President despite having lost.

That said, I'm not sure this goes beyond losing gracefully.

There is a legitimate argument that it would be better for a party if they unambiguously tossed overboard every member who was in the wrong on every major issue. For example, all Democrats should admit "Hands up, don't shoot" is based on a lie. I don't see the party doing that yet.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 11-22-2020 at 09:57 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Fucking magnets, how do they work? Guess they don't teach you that in Canada.
    It was supposed to say attraction, but thanks for pointing that out. Take care pw.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    We did, Trump's just in denial.

Republicans disagreeing with reality has been a thing since at least George W. Bush. The Republicans party's thrived on conspiracy theories with their propaganda networks even longer than that.

America didn't do that, Republicans did. Democrats tried to warn them of the threat Trump posed but they refused to listen and many in fact endorsed what he did when they heard about it. Trump was a conclusion to decades of Republican propaganda from networks like Fox News, created by various right wing billionaires and aided by moderates like George W Bush and Dick Cheney. And he was unable to do that without a big help from Russia interfering and Comey breaking the Hatch Act. The reason Trump was made possible is because the GOP aren't a pack of losers who don't know what they're doing, they're professional political assassins who have dominated politics in America for a long, long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    It's not like Canada's immune for horrible right wing politicians, like Doug and Rob Ford. They'd be right at home in the Republican party.
    I understand that's it's not the majority of Americans, and that you have right wing media conglomerates that push narratives not always grounded in fact, but I do think there is a significant portion of right wing republican voters who are prone to believe in conspiracy theories due to either religiosity, or lack of training when it comes to verifying sources of information.

There are Canadian Conservatives that would be at home in the Republican Party, the premier of Alberta Jason Kenney would be one, he is an idiot, so is the far right populist leader of Quebec, they've both let COVID run rampant in their respected Provinces far worse than it needed to be.

Doug Ford is actually doing a pretty good job though. He condemned the anti covid maskers as yahoos, he's condemned Trump on numerous occasions, and has the city of Toronto on a pretty good lockdown, in short he's behaving like how I would want a Canadian conservative to behave.

I saw the grassroots revolt in the Republican Party over issues like immigration coming, but I always thought a more moderate voice would incorporate some of the bases demands to nullify the far right. Instead they allowed an unstable fringe xenophobe to march on in and take over the party...that I did not see coming.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    But, this is where I thought it was weird, pages, days back when I think it was Farrealmer (?) asked if you could imagine the Democrats behaving the way the Republicans are behaving right now. You said you could see them standing behind a Democratic president who was not losing gracefully ... but, what Trump is doing goes beyond not being a graceful loser. He's calling on Republicans in government to ignore the real results of the election, and agree to his claim that he will remain president, despite his having lost.

He is doing his best to completely undermine the government having a free and fair election. Whatever criticism I might have for the Democrats, I seriously can't imagine a Democrat President trying to pull this. And I definitely can't imagine the party standing behind one, if somehow they did go insane enough to try it.
    Exactly this. Trump is trying to get millions of votes thrown away and swing electors his way. That’s why the Judge in Pennsylvania (a Republican mind you) scolded Trump’s lawyers in his dismissal of the lawsuit. Worse still, most of the areas that Trump is trying to nullify are areas with predominantly black voters which itself speaks to the mindset of the people bringing up the lawsuits.

We’ve actually said it several times that the Republican Party has pretty much lost its way. They’ve moved so far to the right that they are now catering to weirdos and conspiracy theory nuts. I’ve said it many times that classic conservatives don’t seem to exist anymore and it’s all about owning the libs and the “culture war” which outside of YouTube and Twitter mean nothing. Seriously, for all the talk that Trump increased his vote count, the man lost the popular vote twice and is historically unpopular. Trump’s Presidency was tailored exclusively to catering to the Fox News and 4chsn crowds. Living in and catering to the Fox News bubble is ridiculous because a lot of what those guys are saying reflects the US of perhaps 60 years ago and is woefully out of touch with the greater society. Fox News misled Trump and he ultimately played himself.

In reality, the GOP should never have catered to the likes of Trump simply because “character matters”. But instead of doing the right thing, they saddled themselves with a terrible man-baby that can’t confront the utter embarrassment of being a sitting President that lost the popular vote by such a colossal margin (people don’t seem to consider the significance of Biden getting an absolute majority of the votes). Right now, Trump is doing everything possible to overturn an election that he lost and his supporters actually agree with this (another reason why the talk of healing is pretty much a waste of time).

I can’t imagine any Democrats doing what Trump is doing now. Heck, most Republicans probably won’t either but there is something called precedence and with OAN, Parler and Newmax creating an alternative reality where totally unpopular candidates win elections, I won’t be surprised if some Republican crank in the future pulls this nonsense that Trump is pulling.

BANNED

I understand that's it's not the majority of Americans, and that you have right wing media conglomerates that push narratives not always grounded in fact, but I do think there is a significant portion of right wing republican voters who are prone to believe in conspiracy theories due to either religiosity, or lack of training when it comes to verifying sources of information.
    Yeah, I guess Americans are all these inbred yokels who will believe anything they see on Newsmax, you know, as opposed to Canadians who are renowned the world over for their discerning intellects and cultural sophistication....

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    We'll see how many officials agree that he should remain President despite having lost.

That said, I'm not sure this goes beyond losing gracefully.

There is a legitimate argument that it would be better for a party if they unambiguously tossed overboard every member who was in the wrong on every major issue. For example, all Democrats should admit "Hands up, don't shoot" is based on a lie. I don't see the party doing that yet.
    These are entirely different circumstances. With Michael Brown, we really don’t know what happened because it’s “he said, he said”. Why would anyone want to make any declarative statement when the initial evidence was based entirely on word of mouth?

In a national election, we all witnessed the election process and Trump’s team has zero evidence to back up his claims. And yet some Republicans were saying he shouldn’t concede.

Mighty Member

All right, it's obvious that I have let my good nature get the better of me, and have made a mistake here.

It's not even been a few days and the abuse starts up with someone I have no desire to correspond with on this forum, so....enough politics for me, cheerio.

Ah, but ultra rightwing conspiracy blog "Gateway Pundit" says this is all 8-dimensional chess, and Trump is just protecting Ms. Powell.