Page 697 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 19759764768769369469569669769869970070170774779711971697 ... LastLast
Results 10,441 to 10,455 of 75153
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Better genes? How about, Daddy's money?
    It's granddaddy's money.

Walmart and Amazon among donors to lawmaker who promoted QAnon

Walmart, Amazon and other corporate giants donated money to the re-election campaign of a Tennessee state lawmaker who used social media to amplify and promote the QAnon conspiracy theory, according to a review of campaign finance records and the candidate’s posts.
    QAnon centers on the baseless belief that Donald Trump is waging a secret campaign against enemies in the “deep state” and a child sex trafficking ring run by satanic pedophiles and cannibals. Trump has praised QAnon supporters and often retweets accounts that promote the conspiracy theory.

Corporate support for a QAnon-promoting politician is another example of how the conspiracy theory has penetrated mainstream politics, spreading beyond its origins on internet message boards popular with rightwing extremists.

Dozens of QAnon-promoting candidates have run for federal or state office in this election cycle. Collectively, they have raised millions from thousands of donors. Individually, however, most have run poorly financed campaigns with little or no corporate or party backing. Unlike state representative Susan Lynn, who chairs the Tennessee House finance committee, few are incumbents who can attract corporate money.

Though she repeatedly posted a well-known QAnon slogan on her Twitter and Facebook accounts, Lynn insisted she did not support the conspiracy theory.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Pelosi said she would not Rule out impeachment if Trump tries to force a vote on new Justice

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...-vote-n1240568

I am not sure how I feel about this.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Pelosi said she would not Rule out impeachment if Trump tries to force a vote on new Justice

Right now the Democrats are laying all their cards on the table, letting the Republicans know what might happen. At the same time, the Democrats can't be bluffing, they need to be prepared to act on it if push comes to shove.

I doubt any Democrat wants to do any of this, but I've seen posters here complain about how the Democrats do nothing. So, now they are. In the end, it's up to the Republicans. How badly do they want this and what are they willing to risk to get it?

In the long run, whatever the price, it won't be worth it to the Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Really, it's all going to come down to if Grassly, Murkowski, Collins, and Romney are going to keep their words. That's it.

The future of the Republic is going to come down to the integrity of four members of the Republican party, a party which has zero frigging integrity.

There's any number of things they have on him. Covid-19 response. ICE forced sterilizations. Russian bounties. Hiding foreign conferences on the "Bin Laden server". Sending federal troops to tear gas protesters. Sending goons to Portland to kidnap citizens and violate their constitutional rights. Sexual assaults...

I mean, I could go on. The exercise went nowhere because Republicans will never convict him in the Senate. However, they have enough impeachable offenses to stall Congress until January if need be. I'm actually kind of impressed.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Trump Threatens To Issue Executive Order Preventing Biden From Being Elected President

In a wide-ranging speech at a campaign rally Saturday night, President Donald Trump ramped up attacks against his opponent, Joe Biden, calling Biden the "dumbest of all candidates," and went so far as to declare, "maybe I'll sign an executive order that you cannot have him as your president."

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    There's any number of things they have on him. Covid-19 response. ICE forced sterilizations. Russian bounties. Hiding foreign conferences on the "Bin Laden server". Sending federal troops to tear gas protesters. Sending goons to Portland to kidnap citizens and violate their constitutional rights. Sexual assaults...

I mean, I could go on. The exercise went nowhere because Republicans will never convict him in the Senate. However, they have enough impeachable offenses to stall Congress until January if need be. I'm actually kind of impressed.
    There are many things they could get him on. But she never said anything about a crime she was going after him for. She said she was going to use Impeachment to stop a vote on a justice. Impeachment should always be used as a last resort to remove a president after a crime. Not as a weapon to stop something like a justice vote. If she really wanted to go after him for crimes she should do so now and name a crime.
    I would hate this if the Republicans did this to the Dems.

It is a hell of a thought and she knows how to play the game. But I wonder if an impeachment on those grounds wont backfire in the long term.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

There are many things they could get him on. But she never said anything about a crime she was going after him for. She said she was going to use Impeachment to stop a vote on a justice. Impeachment should always be used as a last resort to remove a president after a crime. Not as a weapon to stop something like a justice vote. If she really wanted to go after him for crimes she should do so now and name a crime.
    I would hate this if the Republicans did this to the Dems.

It is a hell of a thought and she knows how to play the game. But I wonder if an impeachment on those grounds wont backfire in the long term.
    They went after him for a crime.

Republicans voted against witnesses so that it was a "trial" and not a trial. Then voted to acquit. Because they wanted to confirm judges for another year, and have no moral compass.

So all the other crimes were going to be set aside to have an impeachment to bar him from office after the Senate was flipped in January.

Now having hearings would stop Trump and McConnell from breaking their word over what they did to Garland.

Pelosi would be denying them of something they made up rules and guidelines for and then immediately an hour after Ginsburg was dead, wanted to break for their own benefit.

Final analysis: F*** Trump and Double-f*** Mitch McConnell. They deserve nothing, and enabling Trump's corruption should be the undoing of McConnell's master plan.

But he was just joking ...

SMDH.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-20-2020 at 02:23 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    But he waa just joking ...

SMDH.
    So America is stuck with a Joker as POTUS... COVID-19 might as well be his Joker venom running wild.

At least Joker in comics thought working with nazis was a bridge too far, and Nicholson Joker gave loads of cash to the masses while trying to kill them.

They went after him for a crime.

Republicans voted against witnesses so that it was a "trial" and not a trial. Then voted to acquit. Because they wanted to confirm judges for another year, and have no moral compass.

So all the other crimes were going to be set aside to have an impeachment to bar him from office after the Senate was flipped in January.

Now having hearings would stop Trump and McConnell from breaking their word over what they did to Garland.

Pelosi would be denying them of something they made up rules and guidelines for and then immediately an hour after Ginsburg was dead, wanted to break for their own benefit.

Final analysis: F*** Trump and Double-f*** Mitch McConnell. They deserve nothing, and enabling Trump's corruption should be the undoing of McConnell's master plan.
    I didnt know they could still go after him for the past crimes. Or if the one impeachment kind of took all that off the table.

I think the Dems holding an impeachment when the president will be gone in a few months any way may backfire. I know the Dems will be happy. The Republicans will be on the fence. I just wonder about the ones in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    But he waa just joking ...

SMDH.
    Donald Trump has no sense of humor, says niece Mary Trump

A Humorless President

A Presidency Without Humor

British Writer Pens The Best Description Of Trump I’ve Read

Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem.
    For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.
    So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever.
    I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman.

But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers.

I didnt know they could still go after him for the past crimes. Or if the one impeachment kind of took all that off the table.
    It does not, in fact, "take impeachment off the table".

It does not, in fact, "take impeachment off the table".
    I was not aware of that.

Ultimate Member

If they impeached him, would that force the senate to deal with that before dealing with a vote for the supreme court justice?