Page 470 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 3704204604664674684694704714724734744805205709701470 ... LastLast
Results 7,036 to 7,050 of 75153
    Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The ironic thing is if Trump had done everything the right way: took the virus seriously from jump street, encouraged everyone to wear masks, put people over the economy and treated COVID like an enemy to be defeated, he’d be in a better position to be re-elected because not as many lives will have been lost and perhaps the economy wouldn’t be so much in the toilet. I can’t help but wonder if someone, anyone brought that to his attention? Then I paused and realized that no one would’ve had the balls to contradict him, and even if someone had, Trump would’ve ignored that advice. So yeah, the only way to effect much needed change is to get rid of Trump.
    most in his circle are afraid to even breathe wrong because not only will he rebuke them publicly, but then his mob turns on them

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Unsubstantiated rumors on Twitter that Trump took another visit to Walter Reed hospital.

From what I can find, it's based mostly on a bruise on Trump's hand that could have been caused by an IV. Very thinly sourced.

But if it were Hillary, FoxNews would treat it as fact.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Do you have any evidence that Adrian Zenz has referred to refugees in Germany all being rapists and murderers? It is also telling that the main criticism of his work is about his religious faith, rather than about whether his conclusions are wrong.

For whatever reason, your link isn't working. I think CBR doesn't like the words wall street journal in links, or ****** for that matter. I changed the url with tinyurl for a link to an Associated Press article.

I found some new stuff.

https://www.justicelabs.org/did-chin...slim-crackdown

https://tinyurl.com/y9g77fcu

Looking up the story led to a paper on the experiences of Chinese academics, which is relevant to concerns about the effects of China's official policies.

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3243059
    It goes without saying that Zenz's conclusions are wrong, this graph comes from his own paper:

But of course the actual quality of his research doesn't matter because almost no one will actually bother reading it. All you need to do is supply a juicy headline that fits the narrative that people already have in their minds, and not worry too much about fact checking or verification.

Intermediary

record number of black women running for Congress this year

vote them all in

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    What are they hiding?
    No one wants to be on record now for voting to nominate Trump. This way they can all deny that they did and blame it on everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Makes me wonder, how could I effectively address those who hate wearing masks while minimizing risk of bodily harm on the chance that the addressee turns out to have the social equivalent of rabies?

You could carry one of those shock sticks like The Mountie used to carry around.

Delta flight returns to gate after two passengers refuse to wear masks

A Delta Air Lines flight returned to the gate last week after two travelers refused to wear masks or face coverings, a spokeswoman for the airline confirmed to The Hill.

Flight 1227 was set to travel from Detroit to Atlanta on July 23, Delta spokeswoman Emma Kate Protis said, and after the delay, the plane departed to its destination.

The two passengers who refused to wear masks or face coverings were removed from the flight.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Karen Bass renounces her praise for Fidel Castro

Rep. Karen Bass on Sunday walked back 2016 comments praising Cuban leader Fidel Castro, as scrutiny of her views toward the Communist government threatened her potential selection as former Vice President Joe Biden's running mate.

On “Fox News Sunday,“ the California Democrat faced questions about several visits to Cuba in the 1970s and a statement she released after Castro's 2016 death saying that "the passing of the Comandante en Jefe is a great loss to the people of Cuba.”
    Bass told Fox host Chris Wallace that her perspective "developed over time" and that she now understood that the Castro government "was a brutal regime." Bass said that she spoke with colleagues from Florida who raised concerns about her comments and that she "would not do that again, for sure."

"I absolutely would have not put that statement out," she said.

Scrutiny of Bass, the chair of the Congressional Black Caucus, has grown in recent days as she's emerged as a top contender to be Biden's pick for vice president on the Democratic ticket.

Republicans have started to attack her ties to Cuba. "She will be the highest-ranking Castro sympathizer in the history of the United States government," Florida GOP Sen. Marco Rubio said.
    I don't think, this time, a backtracking will help. It's out there and everyone is going to talk about it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The ironic thing is if Trump had done everything the right way: took the virus seriously from jump street, encouraged everyone to wear masks, put people over the economy and treated COVID like an enemy to be defeated, he’d be in a better position to be re-elected because not as many lives will have been lost and perhaps the economy wouldn’t be so much in the toilet. I can’t help but wonder if someone, anyone brought that to his attention? Then I paused and realized that no one would’ve had the balls to contradict him, and even if someone had, Trump would’ve ignored that advice. So yeah, the only way to effect much needed change is to get rid of Trump.
    There are ways that someone with his character flaws (a germophobic authoritarian who leaves it to others to do the real work) could have handled this and been popular.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

I don't think, this time, a backtracking will help. It's out there and everyone is going to talk about it.
    It will help her career in Congress down the road, but won't do a thing for being a potential VP pick. But I'm reading that her name was advanced by those within the Biden campaign who are basically a 'Never Harris' camp so that might explain things. When you start insisting on 'anyone but X' you might not vet your alternatives as thoroughly due to confirmation bias coming into play.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Realistically, it shouldn't have taken a world-wide pandemic to weaken Trumps administration to the point where he might not be re-elected. The fact that it did points out how counterproductive and downright dangerous the Republican party has become to the well-being of our nation.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Mighty Member

It appears when you put someone on your ignore list, they can't see your posts. Probably a good thing. I think I made my point clear.

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/201...hina-and-tibet

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    What are they hiding?
    Trying to present the idea of a solid front by eliminating the possibility of media catching & recording a whiff of dissent.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

McCarthyism making a well deserved comeback, nice.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    McCarthyism making a well deserved comeback, nice.

what

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!