Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Well, would you look at that:

New York House Republicans to introduce resolution to expel Rep. George Santos

No guarantee it will go anywhere, but it's a start.
    I'm not letting this get my hopes up until it looks like something will come of it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I'm not letting this get my hopes up until it looks like something will come of it.
    Exactly.

It's a good start but I want to see if anything will come of it.

When shooshoomanjoe comes back saying that there isn't much difference between Hamas and Israel, I would direct him to this:

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/world...r-intv-vpx.cnn

Hamas killed an innocent grandmother, filmed it and then took her mobile to access her Facebook account to post the murder through the account. And then burned her house down. The family found out about the murder via her Facebook account.

These are animals. They're not an army, they're not freedom fighters, they're not resistance. They're animals.
    Last edited by hyped78; 10-11-2023 at 11:31 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

It's a good start but I want to see if anything will come of it.
    It probably won’t be much, given how Qpublicans circle the wagons for fellow miscreants.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    When shooshoomanjoe comes back saying that there isn't much difference between Hamas and Israel, I would direct him to this:

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/world...r-intv-vpx.cnn

Hamas killed an innocent grandmother but then took her mobile to access her Facebook account to post the murder through the account. And then burned her house down. The family found out about the murder via her Facebook account.

These are animals. They're not an army, they're not freedom fighters, they're not resistance. They're animals.
    I hesitate to even write it but there has also been the murder and beheading of babies. There was the video of the teenaged girl they murdered, stripped naked, and sat on the body yelling "God is good".

I'm not really a Benjamin Netanyahu fan, but something he said quite some time back is true. These people simply were not brought up in a culture anything resembling almost any other culture in the modern world. These are cave men, prehistoric savages, walking around with machine guns instead of clubs, rockets instead of spears. They don't have anything resembling modern morals or ethics. The worst case scenario would be for them to get nuclear weapons because it would be nukes in the hands of people who might as well be from 20,000 years ago with no limits on the savage acts they would commit.

I have zero qualms about saying Hamas needs to be literally obliterated from the Earth. There is no chance of compromise with people like this nor should there be. This is the cruelest, most monstrous act of evil since the Holocaust. In this case, that comparison applies. Worse, they hide behind hostages including their own people. It's the equivalent of having the Pentagon underground and building a grade school on top of it. We should help Israel in every possible way to completely destroy them in a way that echoes the Jewish cry, "Never Again!"
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Well, would you look at that:

New York House Republicans to introduce resolution to expel Rep. George Santos

No guarantee it will go anywhere, but it's a start.
    Has the Congress introduced a resolution to expel Menendez? The current set of charges against him was introduced two weeks ago.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Aren't there other candidates with good support? I mean I haven't seen the Democrats elect a Republican Speaker when they're in the majority, so the reverse doesn't seem likely, either.
    It's tongue in cheek for all those who said the dysfunction of the GOP and the ouster of McCarthy was all the Dems' fault.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It's tongue in cheek for all those who said the dysfunction of the GOP and the ouster of McCarthy was all the Dems' fault.
    Was it? It seemed rather serious to me; oh well. But I was thinking Scalise would be the probable one, and as it turned out, I was right. I shall now do a triumphant dance, because though I don't care one whit who gets it, I do like being right. Even when I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Was it? It seemed rather serious to me; oh well. But I was thinking Scalise would be the probable one, and as it turned out, I was right. I shall now do a triumphant dance, because though I don't care one whit who gets it, I do like being right. Even when I'm wrong.
    The GOP in the House being a **** show is serious, the idea it's the Democrats' fault is a joke.

And while Scalise is a better choice than Jordan, who is nothing more than a political terrorist. He is a truly awful person who supports Trump's election lies, will not support Ukraine, and will shut down the government.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 10-11-2023 at 12:31 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Has the Congress introduced a resolution to expel Menendez? The current set of charges against him was introduced two weeks ago.
    Let's consider how long Santos has been a House Representative.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The Chicago branch of Black Lives Matter supports the hang-gliders.

https://twitter.com/BLMChi/status/1711793142742073573

This seems both ill-advised and reprehensible.
    BLM has issued a statement that this is a fake account, and NOT BLM. Since X has no controls anymore, I foresee Musk allowing this to spread.

Last edited by Kirby101; 10-11-2023 at 12:39 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The GOP in the House being a **** show is serious, the idea it's the Democrats' fault is a joke.

And while Scalise is a better choice than Jordan, who is nothing more than a political terrorist. He is a truly awful person who supports Trump's election lies, will not support Ukraine, and will shut down the government.
    Ah, I get what you were saying. Yep, the Republicans can blame themselves for this. Weird they have a fetish about shooting themselves in the foot, (not to be insensitive to Scalise, if anyone thinks I am. I am in fact very sorry for his suffering).

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    And nothing will happen because no one has the balls to actually hold him accountable.
    Small fry like him?
    He will go to jail for years.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Small fry like him?
    He will go to jail for years.
    Doesn't matter how small the fry, if the GOP has even the smallest of inklings that this might somehow at all possibly be even a teeny bit construed as giving the Dems "a win" there's a high chance nothing will come of it.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Doesn't matter how small the fry, if the GOP has even the smallest of inklings that this might somehow at all possibly be even a teeny bit construed as giving the Dems "a win" there's a high chance nothing will come of it.
    Arraignment on this superseding indictment in the federal criminal case against Rep. George Santos (R-NY) is scheduled for October 27. That will be his second arrest. There will be a trial. I don't think it matters what Republicans want.