Page 141 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 41911311371381391401411421431441451511912416411141 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 75153
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    Hasn’t been that way for more than two centuries. Won’t hold my breath.
    And a defeatist mentality won’t help matters either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    There were protests in Cincinnati. They were peaceful for the most part. But in the last couple of hours they protesters started breaking windows. They looted beer and booze from a store, they looted a woman's clothing store, the looted a sports clothing store. How is stealing a case of Bud Light and Joe Burrow Jersey an act of Self Defense?
    Yeah, thats the problem with it.

If you trash a police car or whatever you can at least make some correlation between your actions and the cause you are allegedly championing. Not that I condone even trashing police cars, but one at least has SOMETHING to do with the other.

If you're trashing some poor random guys store and stealing from innocent people, how does that in ANY way relate to police violence? Calling that self defense is no different that a crooked cop defending his actions as self defense. Unless the owner of the womans clothing store happens to be a crooked cop, you looting that store isn't you fighting for social justice... it's just you being a dick.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    And a defeatist mentality won’t help matters either.
    Revolution ain’t defeatist.

Incredible Member

Hi, It's been quite a time I haven't been on these boards, especially since I got the impression that the opinion of someone outside the US is not valued. But I'll tell you what I think though.

I think the US are dead.
    Dead on the global stage with Trump retreating from every world organisation and institution (this week the WHO, soon NATO).
    Dead from the inside with a president that hijacked every institutions in the country up to the supreme court.
    And soon probably into a civil war.
    I don't think Biden will win because it won't be a fair election, I think Trump and the republicans already cheated to win.
    I think sometimes it's just too late, unfortunately. There arethings you can't go back to.
    Sorrry mates. I hope to be wrong.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    I value black llives over property

its not acceptable for Kaepernick to kneel

its not acceptable for Beyonce to performer her protest at the Super Bowl

its not acceptable for Obama to address systemic racism in Selma

then WHAT THE F IS ACCEPTABLE?
    Whatever white people and their supporters say so.

I value black llives over property

its not acceptable for Kaepernick to kneel

its not acceptable for Beyonce to performer her protest at the Super Bowl

its not acceptable for Obama to address systemic racism in Selma

then WHAT THE F IS ACCEPTABLE?
    There's a pretty big difference between kneeling at a football game and setting someone's business on fire. It shouldn't take that much to see the difference there if you're really trying to see it.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Hi, It's been quite a time I haven't been on these boards, especially since I got the impression that the opinion of someone outside the US is not valued. But I'll tell you what I think though.

I think the US are dead.
    Dead on the global stage with Trump retreating from every world organisation and institution (this week the WHO, soon NATO).
    Dead from the inside with a president that hijacked every institutions in the country up to the supreme court.
    And soon probably into a civil war.
    I don't think Biden will win because it won't be a fair election, I think Trump and the republicans already cheated to win.
    I think sometimes it's just too late, unfortunately. There arethings you can't go back to.
    Sorrry mates. I hope to be wrong.
    Wow, thanks for being an insightfully productive bright ray of sunshine in the middle of this battle between the black/human rights protesters and the militarized corrupt police.

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    There's a pretty big difference between kneeling at a football game and setting someone's business on fire. It shouldn't take that much to see the difference there if you're really trying to see it.
    well considering white America called Kap "a son of a b***ch" among other names and he was blackballed by the NFL for it.....its really not much of a difference as far as I can see

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I saw a video of a man, for what felt like an eternity, telling the cops that he cannot breathe, begging for his life.

If it comes out that he had some kind of preexisting condition, does that really matter? He told them he was dying. They continued to keep him from breathing.
    YES.

Because that is going to be used as a reason to not prosecute that cop.

What does it mean for cops to be more accountable? Do you mean that cops should be prosecuted in situations in which we would not prosecute civilians, because the police are expected to have more training?
    Where did anyone say that? What folks want is an understanding how does a man COMPLYING with cops dies and others who act a fool with cops don't.

And to the white people out there who believe police can’t affect them and that this doesn’t concern them because they’re not black,
    Most white folks understand that what happened to Floyd can and HAVE happened to white folks.

It's just that those stories never seem to make Fox News or CNN.

And in those cases-white folks stand behind the cops.

So when some make comments about he should have complied and so on-they have said that about white guys too.

Code = black violence is stupid. White violence is patriotic.
    He did not say that.

I think the issue for many is what good does destroying where you live really do in the long run? You are not hurting places where it can really send a message.

Let use this an an example-

Trashing a Target store only hurts that Target and it's respective community.

Trashing Target Headquarters and destroying records and stealing credit card info.... Hurts everyone including me as a Target Card Holder. That is going to have me at the polls in November and giving my police chief and mayor an earful on how to make sure a Floyd situation does not happen here.

I think the point here is that assuming the police heads are genuine in their condemnation of that corrupt cop in Minnesota, then firing any corrupt cops and retraining in the own departments would be a way to further show that they’re genuinely concerned in improving the quality of life of black lives mattering.
    At least one police chief said to his officers if you support that killing-you can go ahead and resign now.

Just because white people and their supporters say its wrong to rob and vandalize completely innocent people in the middle of pandemic doesn't make them wrong.

If it's targeting police, you can at least some sort of logical correlation there. But what the hell does attacking random innocent people's property have to do with social justice? Is there a response to that beyond simply assuming that sort of logic belongs to white people and therefore must be wrong?

BANNED

None of these are ever acceptable to white people. So why should African-Americans give a **** what white people think when white people are lynching black people on camera in the street?

What’s that saying about doing the same thing over and over expecting different results?

Its not just white people speaking out against the looting and riots. In Cincinnati a black city council member was in front of the crowds as they were breaking windows and stealing from stores. He was yelling at the crowds telling them they were wrong and this was hurting the cause. Many black leaders have been on CNN speaking out against the riots and looting.

Saying only white people are upset by this is wrong.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

well considering white America called Kap "a son of a b***ch" among other names and he was blackballed by the NFL for it.....its really not much of a difference as far as I can see
    If you honestly don't see a difference between kneeling at a football fame and buring down someones livelihood over a protest that likely has nothing to do with that person, then you're simply not trying hard enough to see it.

Let's approach this issue another way, because I'm just not seeing your logic here. Lets pretend we are both upset about police violence... why then do we decide to break into some random persons store and rob from them? Walk me through your thought process here, because I'm just not getting it.

BANNED

Just because white people and their supporters say its wrong to rob and vandalize completely innocent people in the middle of pandemic doesn't make them wrong.

If it's targeting police, you can at least some sort of logical correlation there. But what the hell does attacking random innocent people's property have to do with social justice? Is there a response to that beyond simply assuming that sort of logic belongs to white people and therefore must be wrong?
    White people need to learn that actions have consequences.

Many people who did this were idiots. A person engaging in a peaceful protest about issues they care about is not a son of a bitch. Even if you do not agree with how they are doing it. I dont think it is right to kneel during the Anthem. But I respected him for doing what he thought was right to bring awareness to the cause.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.