Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Any Conservatives post here? I hope I'm not alone. Geez, it's a forest fire in here with all the negativity about Republicans. Show me a Dem who's not smart and does stupid things.
    Show me what conservatives are actually conserving, first.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Show me what conservatives are actually conserving, first.
    Heck, that actually called for a "Conservative..." reaction to folks rushing a Federal building.

Extraordinary Member

Any Conservatives post here? I hope I'm not alone. Geez, it's a forest fire in here with all the negativity about Republicans. Show me a Dem who's not smart and does stupid things.
    As a former GOP and conservative voter who was displeased to see how many fo my compatriots would rather be idiot nationalists rather than Patriots, rather be self-righteous Pharisees than Christ Followers, rather support a fantasy about failed treason rather than grapple with real history, and rather prostitute themselves to a cowardly kleptocrat rather than seek real leadership…

…it’s not a matter of looking for idiots doing stupid things in the political parties. Everyone has idiots because everyone can be idiots.

It’s a matter of looking for wisdom, even if it’s painful, and supporting that instead of looking for whatever endorphin rush comes from hearing someone voice dirty secrets that we don’t want to examine too closely.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

All this negativity about Organized Crime. You know some Law Enforcement is corrupt. So, same thing, right?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

And from my little corner of the country:

Hawley asks U.S. Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade as Missouri seeks to implement 8-week abortion ban

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Missouri Republican Sen. Josh Hawley is urging the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn the landmark ruling that legalized abortion nationwide — a decision that would allow Missouri to enforce one of the nation’s most restrictive abortion laws.

Hawley, along with GOP Sens. Mike Lee and Ted Cruz, filed a brief with the court on Monday arguing the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision, in which the justices said the U.S. Constitution protects the right to an abortion, should be discarded, with individual states left to set abortion policy.

The senators’ brief is likely to be just one of many seeking to sway the justices, who are set to rule next year in a major case in which the court’s conservative majority could severely weaken or overturn Roe. Hawley’s stance on abortion is already well known and he has previously promised to support only Supreme Court nominees if they agree Roe was wrongly decided.

But Hawley’s signature on the document comes as Missouri fights to implement a 2019 law that would ban abortion after the 8th week of pregnancy. The law, which has temporarily been blocked from going into effect, also includes triggers that ban abortion at 14, 18 and 20 weeks if the 8-week ban is overturned.

Missouri’s Hawley and other conservatives riled up over registering women for draft

WASHINGTON — Conservatives are expressing outrage about a pending Senate National Defense Authorization Act that would require women to register for the draft, and two defense hawks opposed the Pentagon bill in the Armed Services Committee over the issue.

The Senate’s NDAA, which the committee approved Wednesday, contains an amendment by the panel’s chairman, Jack Reed of Rhode Island, that would require women to sign up with Selective Service, just as men do between the ages of 18 and 25. If enacted, women could be drafted into military service in the event of a national emergency, though there is no prospect of that on the horizon, and no American has been drafted in nearly half a century.

If the bill became law in its present form, women would have to start registering one year after enactment of the NDAA, a knowledgeable Senate aide told CQ Roll Call.

But while most of the committee’s Republicans voted for the amendment, five voted no, senators and aides disclosed. And two of them, who normally are strong advocates for supporting the military — Tom Cotton of Arkansas and Josh Hawley of Missouri — voted against the Pentagon authorization bill because of their concerns about the draft issue, their aides revealed Friday.
    I thought they got rid of the draft completely. I didn't realize it was just not used anymore, but still on the books.

Welcome.

I'm not a Trump fan, but you can search what I've written in this thread and the previous political threads (these tend to have high numbers of replies so these are easy to find.)

You can also check Mets as a search term to see responses about me as individual to positions I suspect the majority of the American public agrees with.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

It's a slightly harder lift but you can always do that yourself. Not saying you have to mirror Worstblog and do a daily entry on Crazy/Stupid Democrats, but never hurts to point out specifics. Some of us who are pretty far to the left regularly point out flaws in our Party (though often from the left, of course), and there are a few conservative posters but they've been pretty quiet (Mets aside) since Trump's loss. It is pretty heavily skewed left here, but that might be the nature of the demographic of the hobby. If you go to certain video game chatboards you'd probably find the opposite balance. Expect to see pushback and arguments from your posts, and a healthy dose of whataboutism, but never hurts to have a differing opinion. Healthy, in my opinion (though I'm an old school liberal who likes an exchange of ideas, even ones I vehemently disagree with).

Oh WBE-eeee..

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Charlie Gerow, a Republican who announced his candidacy for governor last month, said Friday that he is cooperating with a police investigation into an accident in which a motorcyclist was killed, and that shut down the Pennsylvania Turnpike for seven hours.

Gerow apparently drove for several miles with the motorcycle stuck to the front of his car, according to a witness. In a statement through a spokesperson, Gerow said he did not cause the accident and he was not injured.
    https://apnews.com/article/governmen...560a7d49528dee

White residents burned this California Chinatown to the ground. An apology came 145 years later

In the basement of Reign Salon in Antioch, a brick wall is a reminder of a dark past.

More than a century ago, Chinese people built tunnels under the city because they were forbidden by law from going outside after sundown.

Then, white residents burned Chinatown to the ground
    First, the City Council apologized to all early Chinese immigrants and their descendants.

“An apology for dehumanization and injustices cannot erase the past, but admission of the wrongs committed can speed racial healing and reconciliation and help confront the ghosts of the past,” the council said in a resolution passed unanimously in May.

The council will also create a Chinatown Historic District and fund murals and museum exhibits commemorating the city’s Asian history.
    Antioch is one of many California cities, including Los Angeles and Santa Ana, where white residents lynched Chinese people or burned down their neighborhoods in the late 1800s and early 1900s.
    In 1851, a county law went into effect that prohibited Chinese people from walking the streets after dusk, according to the Antioch Historical Society.

The immigrants dug tunnels so they could move around at night.
    In May 1876, tensions between white residents and Chinese immigrants came to a head.

According to newspaper accounts from the time, some young white men had contracted diseases from Chinese prostitutes.

Angry citizens ordered the Chinese to leave town, and the immigrants departed on boats.
    But that was not enough. People set fire to Chinatown.

“Today the remaining houses have been removed and Antioch is now free from this degraded class,” the Los Angeles Evening Express said on May 2, 1876.

“Antioch has now no Chinese or Chinatown,” the Sacramento Bee declared. “The Caucasian torch lighted the way of the heathen out of the wilderness.”
    In Los Angeles, Chinese immigrants lived along what was then called Calle de los Negros, east of Los Angeles Plaza.

In 1871, police officers and a civilian named Robert Thompson responded to a shootout among Chinese men, according to the Los Angeles Public Library. Thompson was killed.

Residents rose up against the Chinese, hanging them at a wagon shop in front of a crowd, according to the library. Nineteen Chinese men were lynched.

In the 1930s, the old Chinatown was razed to make way for Union Station. The Garnier building on Los Angeles Street, which houses the Chinese American Museum, is all that remains.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Pink offers to cover Norwegian women's beach handball team fine for not playing in bikinis

Last week, the European Handball Association fined the women's team 1,500 euros, or about $1,700, for "improper clothing" because the women's team wore thigh-length elastic shorts during their bronze medal match against Spain in protest of the regulation bikini-bottom design.
    Norwegian Handball Federation President Kåre Geir Lio told NBC News last week that it was "not [appropriate clothing for] the activity when they are playing in the sand."

The team had petitioned to wear the shorts its players train in from the start of the tournament, Lio said, but was threatened by the EHA with a fine or disqualification.

Male players are allowed to play in tank tops and shorts no longer than 4 inches above the knee, while women are required to wear midriff-baring tops and bikini bottoms “with a close fit and cut on an upward angle toward the top of the leg” and a maximum side width of 4 inches, according to International Handball Federation regulations.
    By last Sunday's bronze medal game, however, the women decided to make a statement.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

But concerns about 'voter suppression' are totally overblown, right folks?
    "Where minorities constituted more than 90 percent of active registered voters, the average minimum wait time in the evening was 51 minutes. When whites constituted more than 90 percent of registered voters, the average was around six minutes.”
    https://www.democracydocket.com/2021...nutes-or-less/

I see Clay Higgins is being a moron again.

Rep. Clay Higgins (R-LA) revealed he has contracted Covid-19 for a second time in a statement referring to the virus as a “biological attack” from the Chinese government.

“I have COVID, Becca has COVID, my son has COVID,” Higgins said, referring to his wife. “Becca and I had COVID before, early on, in January 2020, before the world really knew what it was. So, this is our second experience with the CCP biological attack weaponized virus… and this episode is far more challenging. It has required all of my devoted energy.”

“We are all under excellent care, and our prognosis is positive,” Higgins added. “We are very healthy generally speaking, and our treatment of any health concern always encompasses western, eastern, and holistic variables.”
    It is ... highly unlikely he had Covid in January. :P

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    In a perfect world, that incident should kill any shot this bastard has at running for governor, sadly, I suspect Qpublicans in my state will STILL support Gerow.

Meanwhile, Karma came calling for yet another knucklehead anti-vaxxer:

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/st...70198505553920
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I see Clay Higgins is being a moron again.

It is ... highly unlikely he had Covid in January. :P

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp
    I agree, given the timeline of the virus arriving in the U.S., for him to have been one of the literal first reported cases in the U.S. seems... just... how?
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.