Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    There's literally a film (not a great one) about one of the assassination attempts by his generals.
    Valkyrie - I quite liked the movie! (regardless of historical inaccuracies etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Valkyrie - I quite liked the movie! (regardless of historical inaccuracies etc.)
    I was bothered by the cast overall having widely varying accents for all being Germans. And, y'know, Tom Cruise.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I was bothered by the cast overall having widely varying accents for all being Germans. And, y'know, Tom Cruise.
    Haha fair enough!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Didn’t Ivana once float an anecdote that when she was married to Trump, he kept a copy of Mein Kampf on his nightstand?
    That's almost correct. It was a book of collections of Hitler's speeches. I recall reading this in Vanity Fair years ago, a magazine that got a lot of inside scoops on him.

Here's the quote from the article in the September 1990 issue which I got from Snopes....so his interest in Hitler goes a long way back. Don't forget the true family name is Drumph and it was changed to Americanize it to "Trump"

Donald Trump appears to take aspects of his German background seriously. John Walter works for the Trump Organization, and when he visits Donald in his office, Ivana told a friend, he clicks his heels and says, “Heil Hitler,” possibly as a family joke.

Last April, perhaps in a surge of Czech nationalism, Ivana Trump told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that from time to time her husband reads a book of Hitler’s collected speeches, My New Order, which he keeps in a cabinet by his bed. Kennedy now guards a copy of My New Order in a closet at his office, as if it were a grenade. Hitler’s speeches, from his earliest days up through the Phony War of 1939, reveal his extraordinary ability as a master propagandist.

“Did your cousin John give you the Hitler speeches?” I asked Trump.

Trump hesitated. “Who told you that?”

“I don’t remember,” I said.

“Actually, it was my friend Marty Davis from Paramount who gave me a copy of Mein Kampf, and he’s a Jew.” (“I did give him a book about Hitler,” Marty Davis said. “But it was My New Order, Hitler’s speeches, not Mein Kampf. I thought he would find it interesting. I am his friend, but I’m not Jewish.”)

Later, Trump returned to this subject. “If I had these speeches, and I am not saying that I do, I would never read them.”
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-08-2022 at 10:45 AM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

There's literally a film (not a great one) about one of the assassination attempts by his generals.

The biopic The Desert Fox starring James Mason as Field Marshall Rommel covers the Hitler assassinaton attempt of June 1944. It is true that Rommell was forced to take cyanide instead of facing a firing squad buthistorians don't agree whether he was all in with the plot or preferred to reason with Hitler since many where starting to see the writing on the wall and felt he should start talks with the Alliies to end the war.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Look down three headlines … “Democrats lose effort to cap insulin at $35 for most Americans before passage of Senate reconciliation bill”.

My post was specifically referring to insulin.
    I'm seeing- at least on MSNBC- that they are framing the story 'Senate GOP blocks $35 cap on price of insulin from bill.' Same on the NBC News website.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    The biopic The Desert Fox starring James Mason as Field Marshall Rommel covers the Hitler assassinaton attempt of June 1944. It is true that Rommell was forced to take cyanide instead of facing a firing squad buthistorians don't agree whether he was all in with the plot or preferred to reason with Hitler since many where starting to see the writing on the wall and felt he should start talks with the Alliies to end the war.
    Well, that's on my watch list now.

Thank you for the recommend.

Well, that's on my watch list now.

Thank you for the recommend.
    I will second the movie. My dad is a huge WW2 buff and that is by far one of his favorites.

We had 2 family members fight in his army in Africa.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Yeah, it was hard to take Cruise seriously as Claus Von Stauffenberg.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

To be fair it is hard to take Cruise serious as a human sometimes.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    To be fair it is hard to take Cruise serious as a human sometimes.
    He'd make a great Hobbit without too much special effects at 5'1", but that casting has sailed for now.

He's or 5'6" or 5'7”
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

He'd make a great Hobbit without too much special effects at 5'1", but that casting has sailed for now.
    5'1"? he's 5'7"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    He's or 5'6" or 5'7”
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    5'1"? he's 5'7"
    It's a joke, folks

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Look down three headlines … “Democrats lose effort to cap insulin at $35 for most Americans before passage of Senate reconciliation bill”.

My post was specifically referring to insulin.
    Wal-Mart sells insulin for $25 without a prescription. If Walmart can do this without government intervention, why can't other? They're analogs are more expensive but still cheaper than other pharmacies.