Donald Trump rallies the troops in Phoenix: Unfortunately, that's not a metaphor

On Twitter, former Republican strategist Steve Schmidt offered these observations after Trump's Phoenix rally:

Ignoring Trump is not an option. Looking away is not an option. Trump is the 2024 presumptive nominee of the GOP. His insanity, conspiracy theories, rage, grievance and lying are dangerous. His words tonight teemed with menace and intimations of violence. Yet, he remains unchallenged except @Liz_Cheney and @RepKinzinger will defy him. He is in complete and total command of the Republican Party and he is waging war on the idea of American democracy. We are at the most dangerous moment in this nations history since the Civil War. Trump is unstable, unfit and addled yet he could be the 47th President. If that happens, we lose the country. We lose our democracy.

So Reps. Gaetz, Gosar, Gohmert, and Greene held a press conference outside of the DOJ to protest the incarceration of the 1/6 'prisoners' (IE Insurrectionists). It went about as well as you might think.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So Reps. Gaetz, Gosar, Gohmert, and Greene held a press conference outside of the DOJ to protest the incarceration of the 1/6 'prisoners' (IE Insurrectionists). It went about as well as you might think.
    I believe that's what you call a gaggle of gobshites...
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

The follow up post with the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme is perfection!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Donald Trump rallies the troops in Phoenix: Unfortunately, that's not a metaphor

On Twitter, former Republican strategist Steve Schmidt offered these observations after Trump's Phoenix rally:

Ignoring Trump is not an option. Looking away is not an option. Trump is the 2024 presumptive nominee of the GOP. His insanity, conspiracy theories, rage, grievance and lying are dangerous. His words tonight teemed with menace and intimations of violence. Yet, he remains unchallenged except @Liz_Cheney and @RepKinzinger will defy him. He is in complete and total command of the Republican Party and he is waging war on the idea of American democracy. We are at the most dangerous moment in this nations history since the Civil War. Trump is unstable, unfit and addled yet he could be the 47th President. If that happens, we lose the country. We lose our democracy.

It reminds me of an old article on Trump that I read in Vanity Fair magazine from 1990. Trump kept a copy of with a collection of Hitler's speeches called "My New Order"

Last April, perhaps in a surge of Czech nationalism, Ivana Trump told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that from time to time her husband reads a book of Hitler’s collected speeches, My New Order, which he keeps in a cabinet by his bed. Kennedy now guards a copy of My New Order in a closet at his office, as if it were a grenade. Hitler’s speeches, from his earliest days up through the Phony War of 1939, reveal his extraordinary ability as a master propagandist.

“Did your cousin John give you the Hitler speeches?” I asked Trump.

Trump hesitated. “Who told you that?”

“I don’t remember,” I said.

“Actually, it was my friend Marty Davis from Paramount who gave me a copy of Mein Kampf, and he’s a Jew.” (“I did give him a book about Hitler,” Marty Davis said. “But it was My New Order, Hitler’s speeches, not Mein Kampf. I thought he would find it interesting. I am his friend, but I’m not Jewish.”)

Later, Trump returned to this subject. “If I had these speeches, and I am not saying that I do, I would never read them.”
    Trump still has a tendency even recently to make positive statements about Hitler. He just was quoted this month as saying that Hitler did a lot of good things.

Usually I am not in the habit of to wishing ill of someone but Trump is lining up to be an exception. This gets scarier all the time. I tend to think that Trump isn't the mastermind though. There is a "man behind the curtains" or group of men out there that is directing this.

I have to say I am having a shitty day. And this just made it a bit better.

Did they really expect reporters to just sit there and listen to them spout their **** with out asking questions they didnt want?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I have to say I am having a shitty day. And this just made it a bit better.

Did they really expect reporters to just sit there and listen to them spout their **** with out asking questions they didnt want?
    Yes, then they can act aggrieved and use media and #intolerantleft "canceling them" to get more money from dumb trump donors.

Hey look, Republicans unashamed in their defense of domestic terrorists and demanding their release for violently trying to overthrow our democracy.

It's official. The GQP has reached insurgency status.

Good to see them immediately retreat like the cowards they are.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 07-27-2021 at 01:32 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Yes, then they can act aggrieved and use media and #intolerantleft "canceling them" to get more money from dumb trump donors.
    I'm starting to wonder if having to constantly run like rats off a sinking ship every time they try to gather outside of a "safe space" won't be a bad thing for them. They're going to need to huddle on Fox News and Newsmax only, and perhaps in their own district after screening attendees for naysayers first.

Like, someone told Tucker Carlson to get f***ed in a bait shop in Montana, and that's hardly a liberal bastion, y'know?

In 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" published profiles of Blake Farenthold, the four-term U.S. House Representative from Texas' 27th Congressional District, who originally won office in 2010 by only 799 votes, and then had his district gerrymandered into being far more conservative, guaranteeing him victories in future elections as long as he did not face a primary opponent. Farenthold was elected despite being photographed at a “campaign fundraiser” prior to his arrival in the Tea Party Wave at a gentlemen's club with one of the ladies who was "featured entertainment" while wearing a set of rubber ducky pajamas. It comes as little surprise, then, that Farenthold was sued by his former Communications Director for sexual harassment shortly after winning election to his third term in 2014, in the form telling her he had “sexual fantasies” and “wet dreams” about her, and that there were occasions where he’d joke about her having semen on her skirt, or show her nipples to get along better with his chief of staff.. Through his career, Farenthold repeatedly showed himself to be one of the most rock-stupid members of Congress when he would go on cable news, where he would openly identify himself as a Birther or exhibit to the public that he doesn’t understand how the debt ceiling works. He gleefully voted for the 2013 Government Shutdown in October of 2016 after the Access Hollywood tape was revealed where Trump bragged about sexually assaulting women, with Farenthold dismissed it as “all locker room talk”, before saying of Trump, "Until he does something so bad to make him worse than Hillary , I'm still in.” Chris Hayes of MSNBC asked a follow-up hypothetical question of if a tape also emerged of Donald Trump literally saying, “I like to rape women”, if Farenthold would still support him then, and Farenthold actually answered, "That would be bad. I would have to consider it." In his final term in office, Farenthold was one of six Republicans who led the charge to try and defund the Office of Congressional Ethics, because he held a personal grudge against them for, y’know, enforcing ethics. Which included the sexual harassment case filed against him by his former Communications Director a few years back. In May of 2017, he went on CNN, and while being asked about the Trump/Russia investigation, he tried to deflect to claim that instead of investigating that breach of our democracy, federal investigators should instead take a look at how the DNC hack by Russia was actually an “inside job”, referencing the sort of partisan garbage that was coming out of Sean Hannity at the time, and Farenthold acknowledging parts of the conspiracy theory surrounding the deceased DNC staffer, Seth Rich. When called out for how irresponsible Farenthold’s comments were by CNN anchors Poppy Harlow and John Berman, Farenthold shrugged it off, because of “there’s stuff circulating on the internet”. In July of 2018, Farenthold was lamenting that the Senate GOP kept failing to pass an Obamacare repeal, and he didn’t just blame it on the ladies of the Senate and call them “repugnant”, he said that if they were men, he would challenge them to a duel to solve the impasse. After it was discovered that Farenthold used $84,000 of taxpayer money to pay off the woman he sexually harassed, it took a full three months of criticism and calls for his resignation, before he mercifully relented and did resign. He has gone on to become a lobbyist, arguably not following the law in his hire, and insisting he would not be repaying the taxpayers for sexually harassing staffers, and we’re all on the hook for $84,000 grand from this scumbag. In any event, we’re thrilled he’s no longer in office, and highly unlikely to return.

On this date in 2019, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” profiled former Montana State Senator Jason Priest, who was first elected in… what else? The 2010 Tea Party Wave. We’re going to make this brief… the above photos of Priest are his mugshot, as he was arrested for domestic assault in February of 2014. As the story goes, Priest’s estranged wife was out on a date with her new boyfriend, and at home and enraged about that fact, he ordered his daughter to call his wife so she would answer, and demanded she “pick her daughter up”. His wife and her new fella had the good sense to contact the police to meet them at the residence, which ended up being the right call. By the time Priest’s wife arrived, he had already physically abused his teenage daughter, and then attacked his wife and her boyfriend on the porch. The police then rolled up to the scene and took Priest into custody. He initially plead not guilty and was looking at up to five years in prison. He ended up pleading to a lesser charge, and was given a deferred prison sentence. Jason Priest obviously, at that point, knew his re-election campaign in 2014 wasn’t going to go so well, and focused on his legal woes. Which meant he couldn’t stay in office to try to make sure the death penalty didn’t get overturned, that federal firearms laws would be ignored in Montana, and trying to nullify the Affordable Care Act. On all levels, Montana is better off without him in office.

On this date in 2020, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” profiled Jeremy Brown, a 2020 Republican candidate who ran in Florida’s 14th Congressional District. More importantly, he is an enthusiastic supporter of the ludicrous Qanon conspiracy theory, repeatedly using his Twitter account to post with both the QAnon hashtag and QAnon slogan, while including the slogan in his own Twitter profile. Back in November 2019, he posted “Since concluding my research into #QAnon & #TheGreatAwakening, last week I announced I too am a part of #WWG1WGA”. He has also posted an image of an apparent “Q” neon sign and commented on it, saying if “#TheGreatAwakening hit Tampa,” and he attended a rally on January 11th, 2020 in Tampa supporting QAnon. Jeremy Brown also filled out a nice little “get to know you” written questionnaire with Ballotpedia where, while showing the only thing he believes in liberally is the use of CAPITAL LETTERS, he listed some Congressmen he would like to emulate, and he named off Jim Jordan, Louie Gohmert, Allen West, and Rand Paul, which reads like a who’s who of GOP kooks. Not for nothing, but he also seemed very big on the “America First” philosophy originally pitched the Charles Lindbergh as an American Nazi that’s come back to the fore with Donald Trump. Alas, Jeremy Brown dropped out of the race on March 5, 2020, and will likely return to his hobby of trying to find out where the mole children are being held by their captors. As he seems unlikely to ever reach office, we will set aside his profile at this time to cover another wacky Republican today instead. (Current crazy/stupid scoreboard, is now 1009-50, since this was established in July 2014.

Vic DeGrammont
    Welcome to what is the 1009th original profile here at “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day”, where we’ll be profiling Vic DeGrammont, who was a 2020 candidate for U.S. House of Representatives for Florida’s 20th Congressional District, and is one of three Republicans running again in the GOP Primary for the special election for that seat in 2022 to try and replace the late Congressman Alcee Hastings. He only narrowly lost to fellow Republican Greg Musselwhite in the GOP Primary about a year ago, pulling down an impressive 48% of the vote.

DeGrammont, a real estate agent who was born in Brooklyn to immigrant parents from Haiti and Martinique, is the latest in our far-too-long line of GOP candidates that were promoting the QAnon conspiracy theory prior to the 2020 election. His Twitter profile included the #Q hashtag, and he repeatedly tweeted it out or alternatively, the Qanon slogan hashtag, “WWG1WGA”. That’s not the only questionable stuff coming out of his Twitter account, though. DeGrammont, post-election, continued to promote conspiracy theories about election fraud, claiming that Donald Trump actually won several states he lost in the 2020 election.

We’re not too worried about Vic DeGrammont ever reaching office in FL-20, even if he advances out of the GOP Primary, as the district has a +28 Democratic lean in the Cook Partisan Voting Index. Still, based on his support for insane conspiracy theories, he’s unfit for any office, and we look forward to him officially f***ing off and out of American politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The follow up post with the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme is perfection!
    My throat and belly hurt from laughing when I clicked on that one.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Laughing about this for a bit was fun. But the More I think about it the more angry at these type of people I get. Today we had four police officers who protected scum like this. Put their lives on the line and suffered great physical and mental injures. The anger, sadness, on the face of the four cops was heart breaking. And these ass clowns are protesting the people who caused this being in jail. **** all of them and anyone who makes excuses for them.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Laughing about this for a bit was fun. But the More I think about it the more angry at these type of people I get. Today we had four police officers who protected scum like this. Put their lives on the line and suffered great physical and mental injures. The anger, sadness, on the face of the four cops was heart breaking. And these ass clowns are protesting the people who caused this being in jail. **** all of them and anyone who makes excuses for them.
    You're right. It would be laughable if not for the influence these demagogues wield.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    You're right. It would be laughable if not for the influence these demagogues wield.
    I know I can't laugh about it these days. We have a poison that is working it's way through the population and that poison is Trumpism.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I see Clay Higgins is being a moron again.

It is ... highly unlikely he had Covid in January. :P

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp
    "Holistic variables."

So... where's the dead chicken?