BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Biden has my vote. The guy gets stuff done. I tend not to get laid off jobs when a Democrat is president.

Also, none of the Republicans have cross over appeal. They only preach to an ever shrinking, ever extreme choir.

Their exclusionary tactics has cost them.
    He sure does get stuff done:

Record high inflation
    Record high gas prices
    Record high illegal border crossings
    Record fentanyl deaths
    Record homicide rates in Dem run cities
    Chinese spy ballons allowed to cross the nation
    Russian planes knock out our drones
    Americans left in Afghanistan
    Begging OPEC for oil

Guy is an ace

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I like Biden because he makes people do dumb claims they read off right wing news with real no deep thought. So yeah...go Biden so we get more of the above.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    THIS! I happen to like boring. Words can't describe how strung out I felt between 2017 and 2020, waking up every morning and the first thought that creeped into my mind was: "What did that crazy bastard Trump say, do or tweet to inflame things while I slept?" I've had no such concerns since 'Sleepy Joe' was elected.
    As said before, I like oatmeal. A president who spends less time in the press talking about himself/herself/themselves and more on doing policies and fixing things for people is a win for me. I loath The Bush clan but compared to Regan and Trump they at least kept the hell out of the spotlight.

So yes, happy to have a boring president who gets things done.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Transphobia rots your brain, part ... I've lost count.

Conservative press is now having a field day with a trans woman who ran in the London Marathon as a woman. The New York Post said she 'beat 14,000 other women', an Olympian said it was wrong and unfair that she ran in it, etc. Clearly, she was dominating all the cis women, right?!

She placed 6160th.

TRanS WoMeN are BIolOGiCAl MAlES WHO will DoMinATe.
    Ugh. A few years ago no one would care, and now UK, the US and the EU are going in on this because, they caught their tail, it tasted awful,so now they have to drum up new ****.

Same **** like the equal rights amendment. Were "scared" of men in the bathroom. Next time it will be lesbians, and then other races, who the hell knows with these asses.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post

Record high inflation
    Record high gas prices
    Record fentanyl deaths
    Begging OPEC for oil

Guy is an ace
    God, you're funny.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The Republicans at the top most certainly do NOT want Trump to run again. However, the evangelical wing of the party is standing by him and is unwilling to accept that he is anything other than the Second Coming, despite sharing more traits with the Biblical Antichrist than a return of the first one. So the party is stuck with someone proven to drive negative voter turnout like no one else in history.

The Democrats are in a donut hole for the party. Leadership is basically in 2 groups - quite old or not quite ready. The leaders of the next generation mostly haven't been able to generate a real national following yet.
    Bible thumpers are notorious one issue voters, and for them, that issue is abortion. When Trump played them like the proverbial fiddle by vowing to kill Roe v. Wade if elected, that was all it took to reel in the holy rollers, and they’ve been steadfastly in his camp ever since. While the GQP wants to quit Trump, they know they can’t while he holds an unbreakable sway over that evangelical bloc, and without it, their chances in ‘24, already shaky, sink even lower.

As for Democrat hopefuls for 2028, your guess is as good as mine. Kamala? I don’t know if she has the stones for the big chair, though she’ll probably be the leading candidate if she chooses to run. Hakeem Jeffries? No clue, does he have the experience for the world stage? Mayor Pete? Not sure, and he’s already taken a crack at the Oval Office. I’m no political junkie, so I don’t know who else might be out there.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    If he runs again he’ll be 86 by end of term. Realistically he’s already showing some signs that age is making him less effective and efficient. No shame in that…it happens to us all, it’s certainly happened to me.

And as for the Donald? I can’t see why on Earth the Republicans want to run him again. President Biden will very likely beat him, and for sure deserves to on their respective records. But it’s a real danger..I think…that the Republicans will run some one else. Maybe because they have to because his health collapses, or he loses a significant Court case.

Honestly most people in UK are surprised that a re-run of last Presidential election is probable.
    I sort of think it's the just the way the current "American political soup" has turned up right now, a bit like how we Yanks are surprised that the Tories can have 4 straight Prime Ministers lose power, often in humiliating fashion, and still have no chance of another party taking it from them.

The root cause of the difference is how the US Presidency is its own separate election and that the Two Party system here effectively slaughters any type of outside alternative that can't beat the two front runners on what is now their home turf.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The Republicans at the top most certainly do NOT want Trump to run again. However, the evangelical wing of the party is standing by him and is unwilling to accept that he is anything other than the Second Coming, despite sharing more traits with the Biblical Antichrist than a return of the first one. So the party is stuck with someone proven to drive negative voter turnout like no one else in history.

The Democrats are in a donut hole for the party. Leadership is basically in 2 groups - quite old or not quite ready. The leaders of the next generation mostly haven't been able to generate a real national following yet.
    I was going to joke earlier about how we're seeing Gen X kind of cede territory and power to Boomers getting too old and Millenials still too young, but that might be more accurate than I'd like to think about.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I sort of think it's the just the way the current "American political soup" has turned up right now, a bit like how we Yanks are surprised that the Tories can have 4 straight Prime Ministers lose power, often in humiliating fashion, and still have no chance of another party taking it from them.

The root cause of the difference is how the US Presidency is its own separate election and that the Two Party system here effectively slaughters any type of outside alternative that can't beat the two front runners on what is now their home turf.

I was going to joke earlier about how we're seeing Gen X kind of cede territory and power to Boomers getting too old and Millenials still too young, but that might be more accurate than I'd like to think about.
    Generation X is in a weird place. Especially the late 70s, Gen X'ers.

Millenials and Gen Z seem to be a lot more vocal. Maybe it's the social media thing because it seems a good chunk of Gen X appears silent on a lot of issues while at the same time "aging" out of social media activity. Even in the movie industry, it's still very much the "Tom Cruise" generation (which includes guys like Brad Pitt and Keanu Reeves) that are still super relevant.

It's almost as if Gen X ended up being the quiet generation. Or maybe they are just worn down by the promises made by boomers that never exactly came to pass.

Edited out, because format was terrible, and too fiddly to change on phone.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 04-26-2023 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post

UK Prime Ministers are selected by party in control of the House of Commons, the Tories could lose another couple before the next General Election, and just appoint 2 more, as long as they control the Commons. But Labour are heavy favourites to win the next General Election, and assuming they do, will select the next PM.

It’s quite unlike the American set-up. I guess the nearest equivalent is what happens if a President has to be replaced mid way through a term…the next in line takes over, the public don’t have a chance to vote at that point.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post

Record high inflation
    So were gonna nail down all your right wing talking points one at a time. Since you likely will ignore it and I have done this with others who quote crap they see off TV.

Inflation was due to happen due to emerging from lockdown. The supply chain issues , mixed in with lack of employees in certain job areas and the rise of costs from some companies price gouging was gonna happen. If Donny was there you'd be saying what I just did and pounding your fist over it.

Record high gas prices
    A President has no effect over fuel prices. Let me introduce you to reality that no Republican or Democrat can effect oil. A fact that some of you right wingers scream PIPE LINE like seals clapping , but even experts have said this would have little effect on fuel prices. Hell a lot of the fuel prices dropped over the fall-winter and where were you folks at ? Oh yeah...NOT GIVING A ****. Because its something you can cry about now.

Which is a problem that has existed for years. A fact that the best alternative would be to quickly do due process and check on immigrants fleeing a bad situation. To get them through courts etc and see if they can get citizenship. You could build 100 foot walls , put piranias in water etc ...but people will find a way to get across. A fact that we have seen tunnels built , people stow away in vehicles etc.

Record fentanyl deaths
    Which is not on Biden , Trump , GW Bush or Obama. Overdose deaths have been rising since 1999.

https://nida.nih.gov/**********topic...se-death-rates

And will ya look at this...it seems Republican murder rates in cities is actually HIGHER....

https://www.thirdway.org/report/the-...murder-problem

This was a common ocurrance under Donald Trump.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64547394

In fact they went undetected. So much for keeping us safe huh.

Which is a result of a conflict where were putting economic sanctions on Russia who many of your party support in an invasion over Ukraine. Its easy to post this and skip the rest. But its an important part which you seem to be skipping.

Of course this was one where Biden would either...forgo the peace treaty that one Donald Trump approved and be accused of being a war hawk by Donny Jr or accept the terms agreed on. Biden did and there was a few weeks to get as many people out.

In fact the number which you again won't go into was from 2021 with many being Visa holders wanting out as this brings up.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/09/ho...n-afghanistan/

Begging OPEC for oil

Guy is an ace
    He asked OPEC to supply more oil due to Russia sanctions. To make up for that loss of oil production listed. Again...details which you seem to really don't wanna mention. Because it blows your talking points into the gutter.

In all... every right wing talking point , every one can be blown out. You could say border crisis sure. But in each one a solution isn't to arm the border like some morons suggest. Its basically , hey we need to speed up process to see who should be eligible for citizenship etc. Because people are fleeing from South America to get here.

We have to try and fix the process with that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

As for the Fentanyl claim: Maybe, not sure. Nobody tracks those numbers.

In the U.S., unintentional injuries are the official leading cause of death for American adults in the 18 to 45 age group. That category includes accidental drug overdose deaths due to the use of synthetic opioids, like fentanyl.

However, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) told VERIFY it does not track the exact number of fentanyl deaths for that specific age group, so the agency cannot say for certain that the viral claim is accurate, and there are no other comprehensive reports available in the U.S.
    Unintentional injury deaths include accidental drug overdoses, motor vehicle crashes and unintended falls.

Astonishing Member

Disney sues Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, alleges political effort to hurt its business

Walt Disney Co.
    sued Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Wednesday, alleging the Republican governor has waged a “relentless campaign to weaponize government power” against the company amid a protracted fight over a controversial classroom bill.

The federal lawsuit alleges that DeSantis “orchestrated at every step” a campaign to punish Disney that now threatens the company’s business
    The lawsuit was filed on the same day that the district’s board of supervisors, which DeSantis had picked to take control over Disney’s Orlando-area parks, moved to undo a development deal that it says Disney struck to thwart its power.

The panel unanimously voted to declare “void and unenforceable” that development deal, which was approved shortly before DeSantis replaced the Disney-approved board with his preferred supervisors.

The lawsuit called that action the “latest strike,” saying the development contracts “laid the foundation for billions of Disney’s investment dollars and thousands of jobs.”

“The government action was patently retaliatory, patently anti-business, and patently unconstitutional,” Disney alleged in the civil complaint in U.S. District Court in northern Florida.

The board also voted for a resolution to effectively ban Disney’s Orlando-area parks from imposing future Covid-related restrictions.

Disney is asking the court to rule that the board’s legislative step was unlawful and unenforceable.
    I mean it's clearly obvious DeSantis is being vindictive and wielding state power as a political tool because Disney criticised his hate laws.

Non stop bashing them, threatening to open prisons next door to their properties to get his way. Trust Disney lawyers and DeSantis loud mouth to get him in trouble
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 04-26-2023 at 12:02 PM.

The E. Jean Carroll trial is happening right now.

Counsel: Why do you think you were then unable to form a romantic relationship?
    Carroll: In short, because I was raped by Donald Trump.
    Counsel: Why did it have that effect?
    Carroll: I flirted with him, and he raped me. So going forward, I didn't look at men

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Disney sues Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, alleges political effort to hurt its business

I mean it's clearly obvious DeSantis is being vindictive and wielding state power as a political tool because Disney criticised his hate laws.

Non stop bashing them, threatening to open prisons next door to their properties to get his way. It's trust Disney lawyers and DeSantis loud mouth to get him in trouble
    The Empire Strikes Back...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post

Non stop bashing them, threatening to open prisons next door to their properties to get his way. It's trust Disney lawyers and DeSantis loud mouth to get him in trouble
    Now, this is how this was always going to end.

In a functional democracy, government retaliation is a big no-no.

The battle is just starting and this could have far ranging consequences for Florida itself..just because DeSantis can't be a man and take his L.