BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I'm curious, does anyone know of many Anti-Police attacks? And by that I mean violent attacks intended just to kill multiple Police officers like the many anti-LGBT mass shootings we've seen for years now. I'd like to make a comparison, and it's difficult to find any other than the 2016 sniper related to the BLM protests at the time.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_s...olice_officers

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/ar...at-blood-drive

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/...-in-patrol-car

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/14/u...ia-ambush.html

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/17/us/po...ack/index.html

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...hootout-ambush

https://www.abc27.com/news/us-world/...n-connecticut/

And yet, police unions throw support behind the politicians who work hard to weaken or eliminate restrictions on gun ownership and concealed-carry permits and training. It’s like the unions don’t care how dangerous the job is for the officers on the streets.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    And yet, police unions throw support behind the politicians who work hard to weaken or eliminate restrictions on gun ownership and concealed-carry permits and training. It’s like the unions don’t care how dangerous the job is for the officers on the streets.
    They don't think the restrictions work. Or they may think that the politicians supporting restrictions are on the wrong track.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Nevermind the fact that a) that's what our military, the most powerful in the world undisputed, is for and b) there is absolutely 0% chance of an invasion on our soil not ending in us sending the nukes to the invading country in mutually assured destruction so it's not like humanity would survive long enough for them to shoot those guns. It's totally a BS excuse.

Which brings me to my second big issue - while no one should have outrageous firepower like an assault rifle at all, other people shouldn't have guns period. Every potential gun owner should have to take tests just to get a license to own a gun, and these tests should be periodically repeated to see if they should continue to own said license and guns - and people with clear anger issues or dangerous mind sets or an unhealthy viewership of Fox "News" (because we all know god damn well this murderer and all others in these recent shootings of people in the wrong doorbell/driveway/yard are Fox News loyalists) shouldn't pass the test!!!

Look, all guns like the GOP are constantly pushing for is sheer psychotic insanity, but a ban on all guns in America is never going to take, it's just not popular enough. But there's a moderate middle ground where the vast majority of Americans are at, from expanded background checks, gun license and ownership reform, to barring the gun lobby from buying conservative politicians and more, that's just common sense. Surely we could keep at least some of these angry old white men, because it's usually angry old white men, from keeping their guns to shoot at "scary teenagers and children" playing hide and seek or retrieving their basketballs that roll on their yards.

USA is never going to go all in on banning all guns (at least not until the generation completely and rightly shellshocked from having their schools and friends shot up are old enough to vote in the coming decade or two), but you're right it IS THE GUNS, so we can go in on getting more of them out of our neighborhoods and out of the hands of the mentally and emotionally unwell and angry.
    I don't think laws about gun restrictions for For News viewers are an example of a solution the moderate middle would support.

Plus let's be honest, the "tyrannical" government they fear is a liberal government who's biggest and scariest acts of tyranny are literally "comin for muh guns!" and treating minorities and the LGBTQ+ as citizens worthy of rights and representation. Meanwhile these gun nuts are constantly voting in the actual hate filled party of tyranny set on treating such minorities as less than second class citizens, and often treating them like the enemy and pedophiles/groomers, while ensuring an elitist supremacist class of the few mega rich and a lower class of the poor rest of us. Vote for the tyrannical right, stock up on guns to protect yourself from the "tyrannical queer loving liberals who'll take muh guns and replace me wit dem brown people." This is what the ammosexuals really believe, and let's not skirt around it. People who love guns of mass destruction for fighting off the so called "tyranny of government" tend to be liberal hating and homophobic racists.

How about banning hate speech and speech inciting violence from all social media? LibsOfTiktok is clearly both of these things so therefore shouldn't be allowed on any media to continue inspiring hate and violence. It's really just that simple in my opinion. Let's not defend media that contributes to real world violence.
    Whoever is in charge of banning types of speech would need a working definition of hate speech and incitement.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I quoted you because you were downplaying the risk of hate speech as "anry responses" while the actual result is mass murder.
    Since you're posting an incomplete quote of mine, how is a comment about sealioning applicable to me if respond?

Do you think this thread is meant only for people with a particular narrow set of political views?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I'm curious, does anyone know of many Anti-Police attacks? And by that I mean violent attacks intended just to kill multiple Police officers like the many anti-LGBT mass shootings we've seen for years now. I'd like to make a comparison, and it's difficult to find any other than the 2016 sniper related to the BLM protests at the time.
    These three come to mind:

2014 Las Vegas shootings

2016 shooting of Dallas police officers

2009 shootings of Oakland police officers

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I don't think laws about gun restrictions for For News viewers are an example of a solution the moderate middle would support.
    That was obviously one part sarcasm and two parts jab and no part a serious recommendation, and I believe you knew that.

Whoever is in charge of banning types of speech would need a working definition of hate speech and incitement.
    Luckily we have definitions of hate speech and incitement that a majority of humanity agrees upon. It's usually only the people who practice hate speech and incitations to violence, or the people who gobble it up and agree with the hate speech, who disagree with the definitions. Let's not ask bigots what does or doesn't constitute hate speech.

I'm seeing an alert that a verdict has been reached in Trump's civil rape case. No word on the verdict yet, but the fact that they JUST started deliberations can't be good for the Orange Goblin.

EDIT: Verdict to be read at 3PM ET

EDIT 2- Sorry for the format, I was typing as it was being read.

No to rape, Yes to Sexually Abused

Awarded $2 Million

An additional charge was guilty, and she was awarded an additional $20,000

Tump statements were defamatory, and false. Trump made statement with actual malice- Yes. Carroll proved case by preponderance of evidence. $1.7 Million

Reputation Repair- $1 million

Punitive damages- $280,000
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 05-09-2023 at 12:12 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Trump found guilty on everything except the rape charge or 9 out of 10 counts. The plaintiff is awarded about 5 million.

I think what helped her case is that she was not the only woman who had some kind of unwanted contact with Trump. I remember the one about the reporter that was interviewing him at Mar a Lago but I didn't know about the one on the in first class section of a flight.

Of course this will not matter to the MAGA maniacs.

When polled by request of Trump's legal team, the jury was unanimous on the decision.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-09-2023 at 12:18 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Trump found guilty on everything except the rape charge or 9 out of 10 counts. The plaintiff is awarded about 5 million.

I think what helped her case is that she was not the only woman who had some kind of unwanted contact with Trump. I remember the one about the reporter that was interviewing him at Mar a Lago but I didn't know about the one on the in first class section of a flight.

Of course this will not matter to the MAGA maniacs.
    Of course they will all cry radical Dem conspiracy and send him money in solidarity

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Of course they will all cry radical Dem conspiracy and send him money in solidarity
    LOL. I am betting Fox News doesn't even cover the story. The thing is this happened numerous times. IIRC there were a total of about 20 woman out there that had some kind of unpleasant encounter with Trump

LOL. I am betting Fox News doesn't even cover the story. The thing is this happened numerous times. IIRC there were a total of about 20 woman out there that had some kind of unpleasant encounter with Trump
    Just clicked over...

Hope you didn't put a whole box of jellybeans on that one.

Astonishing Member

I mean and logically it isn't hard to believe at all. He is a serial cheater who we heard on tape discussing what he is allowed to grab because he is famous. It takes more energy to invent a conspiracy than it does to say yeah hes a pervy old harasser.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    The right wing nutjobs also claim the automatic rifles in civilian use are needed to fight off an invasion by another country. What country? Russia is the only nation on earth that has the resources to invade the USA. Russians are not entirely friends but they are also not entirely enemies, despite Ukraine issue. I don't think Russia and America would go to war over Ukraine.

China? Unlikely. Chinese are not going to hurt their best customer over any issue, especially Taiwan.

Invasion of America by a foreign power? unlikely.
    And I think we've seen how qualified the Russians are as an invading force after Afghanistan in the 1980s and Ukraine this past few years.

You trust THAT military handle to logistics to come across the sea and invade a nation of 350 million people, regardless of their weapon status? With a country several times larger? I don't even think they could take Alaska back if it was its own country with ground forces.

Their nuclear capabilities. That's always been the fear... and it would be their only real means of any success in conflict.

But their Air Force has become a joke in this war. They've struggled to maintain air superiority over Ukraine. Let alone with what the U.S. is packing.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Well, I know two people who won't get paid out of this:

1. E. Jean Carroll, because Trump will just refuse to pay the judgment. (This is something that stuck with me from a 30 for 30 OJ Simpson documentary done several years ago. Ron Goldman's family sued OJ in civil court and won, and I don't think they ever got a cent. The father held up a piece of paper to illustrate- the judgment is all that was. It was up to the family to recover the money. I suspect it will be the same for Carroll here.)

2. Joe Tacopina, because A) he won't want to pay a lawyer for losing a case, and B) he never pays his lawyers, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Just clicked over...

Hope you didn't put a whole box of jellybeans on that one.
    Of course not....but they did whine about Republicans being picked on and poor Trump has all these investigations to deal with. This is just the begining. We need to see him convicted in the Georgia case which is far more consequential.

Of course not....but they did whine about Republicans being picked on and poor Trump has all these investigations to deal with. This is just the begining. We need to see him convicted in the Georgia case
    Only stayed on for a minute or two so I could see that they were actually covering it.

Don't have much time for the "Cable News..." piece the puzzle.

Seemed like they had that lady who is the current head of the RNC on...