Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    The kid's life is ruined already, as the conservative media isn't going to let this story go any more than Hunter's Laptop or Hilary's Emails. Without evidence there is no reason to believe that the WH or Joe has actively disowned the child or have been told not to acknowledge them, and the only 'evidence' so far is a gaffe. I also think that addicts are very unreliable people prone to abusing any relationships they have and manipulating anyone they can in order to feed their addictions, and that's being ignored in order to create this whole BS attempt at attacking Joe morally. A closer relationship with the grandchild leads to a closer relationship with Hunter, and potentially using the kid as leverage. Anyone who is legitimately concerned about any influence Hunter might have on his father shouldn't want that, but this is just another way to attack Biden that's been latched onto in yet another conservative moral panic.
    Once upon a time, children of the president were off-limits and attacking them was considered bad form. Well, that train left the station when Republicans went after Chelsea Clinton, and things only got worse when Malia and Sasha Obama became targets for the obvious reason, now there’s this mess with Hunter’s kid. The whole business is beyond reprehensible.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Once upon a time, children of the president were off-limits and attacking them was considered bad form. Well, that train left the station when Republicans went after Chelsea Clinton, and things only got worse when Malia and Sasha Obama became targets for the obvious reason, now there’s this mess with Hunter’s kid. The whole business is beyond reprehensible.
    Now they're only off limits if they're Barron, for some reason.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I think you're twisting earlier comments, which doesn't reflect well on your argument or your judgment.

The view was expressed that Ron DeSantis is so extreme that no moderate Republican should consider voting for him. This seems like a high bar.

I asked people to name three things he's said or done that are so bad that they cross the line. If an elected official is so repugnant that moderate members of his own party shouldn't consider voting for him, this should be an easy thing to back up.

Incidentally, the ad wasn't calling for the elimination of trans people. The comment is from a critic who the ad does not present as a sensible person.

If someone is deeply flawed in their private life, this may have implications on their work. Any political mistake is also reckless considering the stakes of the election. Getting the number of grandkids wrong is bad politics.
    Desantis shared the ad, so he approved of its message. There's no way to hand wave that away. And as I have said in the past, and others have pointed out all kinds of articles about the long list of absolutely horrible things that Desantis has said or signed into law have been posted here and any one of them would be enough for a moderate Republican to say, "Wow, this guy is an absolutely repugnant excuse for a human being and if I were to vote for him that would really reflect poorly on me."

As for the issue surrounding Hunter Biden I don't think I've seen anything deeply flawed. Two consenting adults had a one night stand, unbeknownst to one partner said fling resulted in an unplanned pregnancy and when it was brought to his attention and proven that he was the biological father he agreed to pay child support. He didn't plan or agree to be in a meaningful relationship or start a family with this woman so other than his financial obligation what more is there that he's obligated to do?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    What specific things did the Donald do to persuade you to vote for Biden, that DeSantis is yet to do?
    That's a good question.

One factor is that Trump never reached the litmus test of basic competence.

But Trump had a lot of own goals, a cycle where he whines about people treating him unfairly and then gives his critics ammunition.

I did think his efforts to take advantage of the red mirage (the predictable tendency of earlier election results to oversample Republicans) crossed the line, and he's lived down to expectations on how he would deny losing an election.

There were quite a few events that just confirmed that Trump is a piece of **** on a character level, like how he went after John McCain for getting captured, or went after a gold star mother whose husband criticized him.

The problem with Trump isn't just what he did wrong, but what he failed to do right.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    "Other things in flux."

Which is a way for you to imply what you know you cannot prove. None of which matter to a child and their relationship to their grandparent.

You say that there's no reason why they shouldn't acknowledge their grandchild when you clearly demonstrate why they shouldn't. You and yours would gladly tear this child's life apart, all for a scrap to throw against Biden.

As it stands now, all you can do is complain that they won't play by your rules.
    No idea what you're babbling about. The influx I was referring I are the ongoing Congressional hearings about Hunter. The result of these hearing may or may not involve Joe. That's it dude, didn't even jump to a conclusion about which way it will end. Man you libs are seriously paranoid

BANNED

...and they just found cocaine in the west wing of the White House

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    No idea what you're babbling about. The influx I was referring I are the ongoing Congressional hearings about Hunter. The result of these hearing may or may not involve Joe. That's it dude, didn't even jump to a conclusion about which way it will end. Man you libs are seriously paranoid
    As always, more insinuation. Still no explanation about why we should care about Joe's relationship with his granddaughter, whatever it may be. All you want is more ammunition to attack Biden, a child's privacy be damned.

I really can not believe we spent four or five pages on this nonsense. And sadly I am guilty of it as well because I posted 4 things on the subject. Good god the little petty **** we let ourselves get dragged into is ridiculous. And yes that includes me.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    ...and they just found cocaine in the west wing of the White House
    A small amount and in an area open to tourists. Not the first time visitors have brought drugs in with them.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    A small amount and in an area open to tourists. Not the first time visitors have brought drugs in with them.
    Are we sure it wasn't from Don Jr's stash?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Drug use in the White House was old news when this was happening. There's nothing public on where it was found in particular other than a "work area" that I can find, and while that will change it's another BS way to attack Biden in the meantime.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 07-04-2023 at 07:24 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I really can not believe we spent four or five pages on this nonsense. And sadly I am guilty of it as well because I posted 4 things on the subject. Good god the little petty **** we let ourselves get dragged into is ridiculous. And yes that includes me.
    The right wingers here (you know who you are) have nothing else to slam the administration on, so they’re desperate to cook up ANYTHING to blame Biden for. This nonsense with the grandkid is low hanging fruit for Biden haters who have no idea how they’re embarrassing themselves to the nth degree with their pathetic little vendetta. And once they’ve finished beating this dead horse, they’ll move on to a fresh nothingburger equally as stupid, if not moreso.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Are we sure it wasn't from Don Jr's stash?
    I read he was really strung out and put his dad's old address on the order form by mistake.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Trump Showed Classified Documents to Mar-a-Lago Visitors, Ex-Comms Director Says

Stephanie Grisham, former Communications Director and Press Secretary under ex-president Donald Trump, told MSNBC’s Alex Witt that Trump had shown classified documents to visitors at Mar-a-Lago, his Palm Beach resort. “I watched him show documents to people at Mar-a-Lago on the dining room patio,” Grisham said. “So he has no respect for classified information. Never did... to be showing [classified documents] to people who haven’t gone through the extreme vetting that you go through to get a clearance, it’s you know, it’s a disservice to the country, but it also puts people in danger potentially.”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Anyone missing the "Peace and Prosperity" the nation had under Trump can have it back at any moment - go back to sleep because those things only existed in your dreams. In fact based reality, we had a recession and rioting police officers firing tear gas into protests that were largely peaceful until that point. Only 7% of the BLM protests resulted in violence. That study is from 2020, so it only covers up to mid-August of that year.
    I especially remember all that peace from Jan 6th 2021.