Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Has anyone seen President Charlie Sheen around ?

Attachment 133093
    I have to confess I don't know what is that movie/ tv series?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    At this point, we have no idea where it came from. It could be a Democrat. It could be a tourist. It could come from someone whose reasons for being at the White House are not politically loaded.

I do think it is an understandable thing for people to talk about. Just think about how Democrats would react if this had been one of Mitt Romney's sons.

Plenty of Republicans exaggerate the issue, but it would be a shorter discussion if Democrats weren't pretending it's something else.

To be clear the line about the elimination of trans people came from a critic quoted in the ad. My point was that DeSantis supporters wouldn't be meant to take him seriously. The target audience is generally not going to agree with Mike Figueredo of the Humanist Report.

Republicans who brought up Chelsea Clinton seemed to be treated the same way as progressives who brought up Barron Trump. It was a stupid thing for anyone to make comments about Chelsea Clinton, and they did apologize for it.

There were plenty of comments about Bush's daughters.

Hunter Biden is a bit different since he's a middle-aged former Clinton advisor with a JD from Yale who traded on his father's connections to make more money than anyone else in his position would. He is one of the most privileged people in human history.

It's possible that some of his detractors are going too far, especially when talking about an addict who none of us want to see relapse. But commenting about him is not the equivalent of commenting about Obama's teenage daughters.
    Yes, the line was from someone else...but Desantis gleefully shared it which means he isn't disputing it but embracing it as positive. Why is that difficult to understand?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    I have to confess I don't know what is that movie/ tv series?
    It's from Machete 2 I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It's from Machete 2 I believe.
    Gotcha. I was thinking that the only Sheen in the WH that I know of is Martin Sheen (The West Wing - awesome tv show)

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Just as things were calming down in France a little:

prosecutors investigate death of man hit by police projectile in Marseille

Prosecutors on Tuesday said the likely cause of the death in Marseille was a violent shock to the chest from a “flash-ball” projectile as used by riot police, but did not specify who fired or owned the gun. The impact led to cardiac arrest and sudden death.

Almost a week of rioting across France was sparked by the shooting of a teenager of North African descent during a police traffic stop in a Paris suburb.

The biggest flashpoint on Saturday was in Marseille, where police fired teargas and fought street battles with youths around the city centre late into the night.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Just as things were calming down in France a little:

prosecutors investigate death of man hit by police projectile in Marseille
    I don't know what's worse - police office killing an unarmed teenager or the 'spectacular' riots/ looting and violence that followed. The far-right is earning dividends out of all of this.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    But telling Andrew Johnson to get lost doesn't have the same zing for them.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/epvp...r-false-claims

Members of the far right also jumped on a single image of a clenched fist on the suspect’s Facebook page to claim the suspect “has been identified as a Trans/BLM activist,” even though there is no evidence beyond the single picture to suggest they were an activist.
    A review of the suspect’s Facebook account by VICE News suggests he was more concerned about stopping gun control legislation than about Black Lives Matter.

“This y’all president,” the suspect wrote under a video of Biden. “We said 2A defends our rights. Now its god save the queen while he attempts to take our arms,” referencing a recent gun safety speech the president gave which he ended by saying, “God save the queen.”In another post with a link to a video about Biden pushing gun control measures, he wrote: “I told you he wanted your rights. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN SAYS BIDEN.”

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Couldn't happen to a better demogogue:

Ron DeSantis' Campaign Is in Deep Trouble
    Didn't DeSantis speak at a "Moms for Liberty" (also known as Klanned Karenhood) conference?

I'm not surprised he's struggling. His message is pretty off-putting to anyone that's not on the far-right.

Not to mention that no one has the "savior" status that Trump has for many GOP members. Interestingly, Trump even polls better with minorities than DeSantis, that's how far right DeSantis is.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Best wishes to my friends in Australia

*Silently goes to look for insecticide*.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Didn't DeSantis speak at a "Moms for Liberty" (also known as Klanned Karenhood) conference?

I'm not surprised he's struggling. His message is pretty off-putting to anyone that's not on the far-right.

Not to mention that no one has the "savior" status that Trump has for many GOP members. Interestingly, Trump even polls better with minorities than DeSantis, that's how far right DeSantis is.
    Yeah, right here in Philly over the weekend. Trump was here as well. Caramel Caligula achieved a Jim Jones/David Koresh level of cult fanaticism that DeSantis will NEVER realize, I mean, people stormed the Capitol in Trump’s name and erected a goddamn gallows to hang Mike Pence two plus years ago, DeSantis couldn’t get any of his followers to buy him white rubber boots for the next Florida post-flood photo op. If Wretched Ron thinks for one minute he has a legitimate chance to steal the GQP nomination away from Trump who owns the party, lock, stock and Speaker’s gavel, then he’s deluding himself.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    I don't know what's worse - police office killing an unarmed teenager or the 'spectacular' riots/ looting and violence that followed. The far-right is earning dividends out of all of this.
    You really can't tell if a loss of life is worse than theft?

I admit I thought DeSantis would be Trump's biggest threat. But he has done everything wrong in his campaign so far. And he is trying so hard to appeal to the extreme far right no one else not even moderates as some would have us believe wont even give him the time of day. With DeSantis you see everything there is to see in one presser and he does not give anyone a reason to come back for more. Too far right for moderates, and the extreme right are following their orange idiot so they dont care about a less charismatic watered down version of Trump.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    You really can't tell if a loss of life is worse than theft?
    "Theft"? 2 dead at the moment (a fireman and a man in Marseille), more than 750 injured (incl. various in critical condition; likely these numbers are just a small % of the reality), thousands arrested, among other things.

If you've been watching the news/ seen the footage you'd also realize what's happening there isn't merely "theft"
    Last edited by hyped78; 07-05-2023 at 09:26 AM.