Page 132 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 32821221281291301311321331341351361421822326321132 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    Still expecting the privileged to peacefully vote away their own privilege? Ha. There’s Republicans on here who don’t even ACKNOWLEDGE that the GOP engages in racist voter suppression. You can’t vote for change if they won’t let you vote. I’m assuming you don’t support the 1776 revolution then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Or the Boston Tea Party lmaoooo
    Since this seems like it actually needs to be pointed out...

https://www.history.com/topics/ameri...ston-tea-party

Benjamin Franklin insisted the British East India Company be reimbursed for the lost tea and even offered to pay for it himself.

No one was hurt, and aside from the destruction of the tea and a padlock, no property was damaged or looted during the Boston Tea Party. The participants reportedly swept the ships’ decks clean before they left.
    If you bring up what happened during the Boston Tea Party and you believe that you have made an "Apple"/"Apple" comparison, it's worth noting that you are a ways off base.

Not to say that the two might be on the same set of train tracks, but it's also states apart. It's important not to lose sight of that historical reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    He didn't settle. If convicted it carries 25 years. The DA went with that because 2nd degree would be much harder to convict on. And this is the Prosecutors choice, not the Mayor's.
    It's also probably worth taking note of that the DA has actually pointed out that the charge was filed in under a week versus how long they might normally take to build such a case.

If this was going to be something that they put six or seven months into building a case on? There might be a different charge being filed.

Seems like this charge might be a compromise between "Doing This Quickly"/"Doing This Perfectly".

NY cop throws woman to the ground. She’s apparently in the hospital. Unbelievable.

https://mobile.twitter.com/whitney_h...188195843?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    NY cop throws woman to the ground. She’s apparently in the hospital. Unbelievable.

https://mobile.twitter.com/whitney_h...188195843?s=21
    Not really that unbelievable. In the wake of this many cops will be told to be on their best behavior. Some cops are going to go the other way and feel threatened by anything and use what is going on as an excuse to lash out.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Not really that unbelievable. In the wake of this many cops will be told to be on their best behavior. Some cops are going to go the other way and feel threatened by anything and use what is going on as an excuse to lash out.
    True. I don’t know why I used the word “unbelievable”. It’s very believable. Tensions are ridiculously high.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    I'm not trying to be empathetic or sensitive, I am expressing my pure disgust of what I witnessed on youtube. Yes my country has it's fair share of police brutality like everywhere else, but no we do not have frequent re-occuring episodes of the police choking or shooting unarmed black men to death. I have crossed the line to your country on several occasions, and your police scare the crap at me, they are extremely militant, most likely because you do not have any gun control.

My country also does not have a history of Confederate States that relied on plantation slavery for it's economy to function. You have deep systemic racial problems down there. So politely get stuffed.
    The only reason slavery never took off in Canada was because your climate wasn't suitable for it, not because your people were any less racist or greedy. There's plenty of stories of slaves escaping to Canada via the underground railroad only to receive the exact same treatment they would have gotten at home. And besides, the only reason your country even exists was to supply cheap raw materials to the British Empire, which helped sustain it through centuries of genocide and exploitation around the globe.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

If you bring up what happened during the Boston Tea Party and you believe that you have made an "Apple"/"Apple" comparison, it's worth noting that you are a ways off base.

Not to say that the two might be on the same set of train tracks, but it's also states apart. It's important not to lose sight of that historical reality.
    Riots were, however, common over the price of goods and more.

For example: https://www.massmoments.org/moment-d...-of-bread.html

Such protest actions were freuqently used to 'fix' the prices of goods deemed unfairly high in colonial America.

Tense situation here is Cincinnati. The protests have been very peaceful. But when the protesters made their way to the Hamilton county courthouse a group tore down the flags and broke a window leading to the lobby. Not police in riot gear and the crowd are facing off. The police line is moving forward and pushing the protesters back. I hope things do not get out of hand.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Riots were, however, common over the price of goods and more.

For example: https://www.massmoments.org/moment-d...-of-bread.html

Such protest actions were freuqently used to 'fix' the prices of goods deemed unfairly high in colonial America.
    Which is largely beside the point and the reason that you said "Riots..." instead of "Boston Tea Party..."

There's a perfectly good reason why folks remember the Boston Tea Party, yet you will get a bunch of blank looks if you bring up a German ship by the name of the SS Bremen.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Seems that there are cops out there making shooting threats at the press now: https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisBish...46753182056453

Which is largely beside the point and the reason that you said "Riots..." instead of "Boston Tea Party..."

There's a perfectly good reason why folks remember the Boston Tea Party, yet you will get a bunch of blank looks if you bring up a German ship by the name of the SS Bremen.
    It was a follow up, not beside the point. Get off your high horse.

BANNED

Look, I didn’t bring up the Boston Tea Party, so I don’t know why you dragged me into that. I was referencing the entire American revolution, where a lot of people died so white people in America could dominate. Versus now where if black people rebel it’s not okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It was a follow up, not beside the point. Get off your high horse.
    Sure.

That said, it doesn't really change the reality.

Lots of riots happen. There's a reason most folks will barely remember their names or why they happened versus the pretty calculated political move that the Boston Tea Party was.

It's important to get that difference.

Astonishing Member

Sure.

That said, it doesn't really change the reality.

Lots of riots happen. There's a reason most folks will barely remember their names or why they happened versus the pretty calculated political move that the Boston Tea Party was.

It's important to get that difference.
    How about the LA riots.