Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The wild story of the Dave Chappelle situation continues.

It appears the organizer of the Netflix event has a history of saying terrible stuff on Twitter from a few years ago.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.opi...e-preston/amp/

Also Chappelle and his manager claim he tried to have a sit down with the Netflix employees angry at his special. But they never would meet him. (She claimed he ghosted her , they are claiming no he did contact Netflix for that)
    "Basics 101..." -

It is very important not to get caught up in that it is Ronald McDonald who is saying "Bozo is a clown..."

That a clown is making the statement takes a serious backseat to the fact that the statement is a truthful statement.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Sure, sure. Chapelle's still made transphobic comments, though, and will face zero consequences for that.

Just wanna share the headline of the front page of the website you were just on.
    Yikes...never saw that. Just the article popped up in Google search after people were making claims on event organizer of the walk out.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    "Basics 101..." -

It is very important not to get caught up in that it is Ronald McDonald who is saying "Bozo is a clown..."

That a clown is making the statement takes a serious backseat to the fact that the statement is a truthful statement.
    Also basics 101...we have to examine everything in a situation that played out with the walkout. Yes the one deal I was told about was horrible.

The situation here is...there was a Netflix walkout. And yes it was over terrible jokes made and the organizer of it has a past too.

One that...well she bragged she assaulted someone with her phone.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Yikes...never saw that. Just the article popped up in Google search after people were making claims on event organizer of the walk out.
    It always pays to check the site.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Seems like a very legit news source to go and find an article about .... checks note ... somebody being mean on twitter in the past?
    Well I didn't go into detail. There is claims made she assaulted someone with her phone. (These tweets as its claimed came up in 2019 as she was helping Elizabeth Warren on her campaign).

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Yup. We actually have a completely different system on reporting tweets from the rest of the world, based on our hate speech laws and other parts of the penal code.
    Yeah, the funny part is that they're saying that the 'reason is unknown', when the fact that Germany doesn't have this problem makes it extremely obvious what the problem actually is.

It always pays to check the site.
    I just saw the article and information from my phone. Beyond the heading...

- There are claims with tweets shown (my phone can't pull them up) that she bragged about assaulting someone with a phone.

- She apologized saying these were at a bad time in life. They had came up while she worked on Elizabeth Warren campaign in 2019.

Since I can't link twitter from my phone...the twitter is Matt Orfalea . And I was able to enlarge the tweets. The phone one is there.

If I had knew the site was bad I'd have just said...go to his twitter.

Moving onto serious news. A report is claiming the film company doing the Alec Baldwin film...sent home the union people working the film. To bring in un-Union ones. (Likely to save money)

Not to long after this situation happened. We could see a Midnight Rider suit more than likely from family.

Since I can't link twitter from my phone...the twitter is Matt Orfalea . And I was able to enlarge the tweets. The phone one is there.

If I had knew the site was bad I'd have just said...go to his twitter.
    Oh yeah. This guy doesn't seem all that reliable either. That doesn't mean that a trans person can't be toxic, bigoted, or awful themselves. They can be. Just like Chapelle can be a transphobic bigot while being a black guy. Which he is. And this focus on the leader of the protest against him seems largely intended to distract from Chapelle declaring himself of like mind with people who actively want to legislate transgender people out of existence.

As for Orfalea, well, this all seems a bit hypocritical coming from him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...732_story.html

On Sunday, he put the news on Twitter. Within hours, a 53-year-old Sanders critic in New York, Michele Ferrer, dredged up old videos on his channel, which included offensive language and an altered and sexualized rendition of King’s “I Have a Dream” speech.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 10-23-2021 at 01:33 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Moving onto serious news. A report is claiming the film company doing the Alec Baldwin film...sent home the union people working the film. To bring in un-Union ones. (Likely to save money)

Not to long after this situation happened. We could see a Midnight Rider suit more than likely from family.
    All that tragedy, just to save a few bucks the film company will lose from a court judgment in an inevitable trial. Doesn't make a lick of sense.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just saw this on Twitter:

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Also basics 101...we have to examine everything in a situation that played out with the walkout. Yes the one deal I was told about was horrible.

The situation here is...there was a Netflix walkout. And yes it was over terrible jokes made and the organizer of it has a past too.

One that...well she bragged she assaulted someone with her phone.
    Negative...

Whoever it was that was saying Dave is anti-trans has nothing to do with the fact that anyone making the statement "Dave is anti-trans..." has made a fundamentally true statement.

Oh yeah. This guy doesn't seem all that reliable either. That doesn't mean that a trans person can't be toxic, bigoted, or awful themselves. They can be. Just like Chapelle can be a transphobic bigot while being a black guy. Which he is. And this focus on the leader of the protest against him seems largely intended to distract from Chapelle declaring himself of like mind with people who actively want to legislate transgender people out of existence.

As for Orfalea, well, this all seems a bit hypocritical coming from him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...732_story.html
    The thing with this lady ...the tweets were a decade old. I had thought they were recently done like...last few years. But she has said she was at a bad time in her life then and apologized for them. That was in 2019 once they came up 1st time.

In all I'd say this thing has became a very wild story. There is claims about someone else there but its not reliable until proven. And ill wait for a legit site on it. ( i hope its not Fox News...)

It's not really that wild. Dave Chapelle aligned himself with transphobes in his comedy special and declared himself of like mind. Employees at the company that paid him to hurt them didn't much like being hurt, unsurprisingly, and staged a walk out.

It's only 'wild' if you get focused on the media circus versus what Chapelle has done and said and to which no real rebuttal of his transphobia can be offered except 'he's a nice guy to me personally and doesn't REALLY wanna hurt anyone'. Character witnesses only go so far when the guy is on video declaring trans people to be fake women.