Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    deflect, deflect, deflect,
    Talks to free Whelan are ongoing so if the Biden admin manage to free him then I expect the far right to bow down to Biden. According to John Bolton, trump flat out refused to do a prisoner swap for Whelan though so Whelan might have been a free man right now had it not been for trump.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Talks to free Whelan are ongoing so if the Biden admin manage to free him then I expect the far right to bow down to Biden. According to John Bolton, trump flat out refused to do a prisoner swap for Whelan though so Whelan might have been a free man right now had it not been for trump.
    I'm not sure you should bet a lot on that. The right recently have been gnashing their teeth about their base making terrible voting decisions about only voting same-day, and having to vote for terribly picked candidates, and IIRC Republicans and Fox News talkheads (or at least the most prominent ones) didn't go as far as blaming Trump for it. I assume because, as much as Mad Marge yells at rallies that Pelosi's husband should have shot her attacker, none of these public QGP figures actually want to star in a home invasion thriller movie. Rated R for Republican.
    Last edited by Wildling; 12-08-2022 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I've wondered about that too. You'd think Batman would work better, The Goddamn Batman for one thing was already a thing from actual published comics.

A mischievous part of me wants to blame the general popularity of Marvel movies, if you're more of a conservative wingnut than a comics nerd and want to push those beliefs at others, and if not as lazy as me regarding picking avatars, Spidey is right at the top of possible easy picks.
    Man, I don't know what would be so attractive to reactionary conservative about a fan-base steeped in grievance, harkening back to an earlier status quo about a man and his hot wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I am convinced that if cancer gets cured under a Democratic president the right wing talking points will be how far left liberal democrats ended thousands of high paying medical jobs.
    I used to say when Obama was President that he could cure cancer and the chyron on FOX News the next day would read: "Obama takes jobs away from cancer researchers"
    Watching television is not an activity.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    That Don't Say Gay writing, Florida Man Republican felon sure rocks some Nazi haircut. Maybe he'll get some skinhead tattoos in prison.
    I'm certainly looking forward to the True Crime podcast about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    They already did. One of the Rights argument against single payer, better, more affordable Healthcare is the people at insurance companies will lose their job.
    They complained about how lower gas prices are hitting gas station operators. Not making this up.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

A reminder to the right wingers who spew nonsense here:

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A reminder to the right wingers who spew nonsense here:

You cannot hotlink twitter images, here or anywhere else.

Here is another example from the BBC about how Trump failed professionally and morally where Biden keeps succeeding:

Otto Warmbier: Trump defends Kim over US student's death

US President Donald Trump has defended North Korean leader Kim Jong-un in the case of an American college student who died after being jailed by North Korea.

Speaking in Hanoi after his summit with Mr Kim broke down, Mr Trump said he did not believe the North Korean leader was aware of Otto Warmbier's ordeal.

Mr Trump said: "He tells me he didn't know about it, and I will take him at his word."

Warmbier was jailed in North Korea in December 2015 during an organised tour.
    The US president said: "I did speak about it, and I don't believe that he would have allowed that to happen.

"It just wasn't to his advantage to allow that to happen. Prisons are rough, they're rough places, and bad things happened."

He said Mr Kim "felt very badly about it", adding: "He knew the case very well, but he knew it later. In those prisons, those camps, you have a lot of people."

This is not the first time Mr Trump has expressed a willingness to believe a foreign leader.

His response to Mr Kim echoes his reaction to Russian President Vladimir Putin regarding Russian interference in the 2016 US election.

"Every time he sees me, he says, 'I didn't do that,'" Mr Trump said after meeting Mr Putin in Asia last year. "I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it."
    Even some of the president's fellow Republicans voiced muted criticism.

Senator Rob Portman of Ohio, who was with Warmbier when he returned home in 2017, said "we should never let North Korea off the hook" for what happened to the young man, the Cincinnati Enquirer reported.

Ohio congressman Brad Wenstrup, said Warmbier's "imprisonment and death were heinous crimes at the hands of the brutal Kim Jong Un regime".

They are the party of inclusion.

As long as you are not Black, Asian, Latino, Jewish, Gay, Lesbian, Trans or a woman. If you are not one of those groups they are happy to include you.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED
    http://www.fantomas-lives.com/fanto47.htm

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    They are the party of inclusion.

As long as you are not Black, Asian, Latino, Jewish, Gay, Lesbian, Trans or a woman. If you are not one of those groups they are happy to include you.

Not seeing many Asians at this party gathering

Krazy Krysten knew she was going to be primaried in '24, so she quit the Dems before getting booted out. hey, WBE, what's your opinion on this?