Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The top people in the run for the GOP in 2024 are all Q favorites. Trump, Hawley, Cotton, Cruz. Meanwhile, those few Republicans who say the election was not stolen are censured by their Party. But yeah, those extremist Dems.
    Nikki Haley will run I'm sure. She just needs to figure out how to eat those words she said about Tramp.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    They couldn't catch a ride since no one is going to bus them in.

But they will say mean things on social media.
    I guess Clarence Thomas' wife was too busy to arrange buses for The Sedition Express, Part Two.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Nikki Haley will run I'm sure. She just needs to figure out how to eat those words she said about Tramp.
    Isn't she back to being pro-Trump this week?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Ooooh, echo chambering! I suppose Jill Stein, the Bernie Bros who flipped out over not getting every little thing they wanted, and the idiots who nearly derailed restoring voting rights to felons by trying to attach it to having current prisoners vote too (despite that having almost no public support) must all be figments of my imagination?

Granted, they are nowhere near as bad as the crazies on the far right, but anyone who actually read my full post would have seen that I said that already.

Instead, the response was pile on mockery, a very Republican response.
    You sorta conceded our point: these things are *nothing* like the other. What you have here are tactical disputes and griping about people whining. The extremists on the other side stormed congress and erected gallows. These things are not alike and pretending they're remotely similar is dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Isn't she back to being pro-Trump this week?
    Yeah, this week but she's flip-flopped too many times. Trump is keeping score on who said what and he holds a mean grudge.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I guess Clarence Thomas' wife was too busy to arrange buses for The Sedition Express, Part Two.
    Well, she along with a few others are exposed so they can't be as overt as before. No one in any position wants to be apart of Sedition II.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Yeah, this week but she's flip-flopped too many times. Trump is keeping score on who said what and he holds a mean grudge.
    And no one holds a grudge like Trump. Hell, he's still got a mad on for the NFL because of that court case he lost to the league back in 1987.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    So tomorrow is supposed to be the day the US military installs lord trump as our savior, according to qanon. But now I see some qanon claiming that date was made up by the media and the actual timeline is on April. I wonder how often they'll keep on moving the timetable and how long it'll take qanon followers to see the BS.
    They're going to keep extending the date. Just like Doomsday cults often do when they're proven to be false.

Ooooh, echo chambering! I suppose Jill Stein, the Bernie Bros who flipped out over not getting every little thing they wanted, and the idiots who nearly derailed restoring voting rights to felons by trying to attach it to having current prisoners vote too (despite that having almost no public support) must all be figments of my imagination?

Granted, they are nowhere near as bad as the crazies on the far right, but anyone who actually read my full post would have seen that I said that already.

Instead, the response was pile on mockery, a very Republican response.
    As the original intent of CSGOPOTD was to point out "both parties are not the same"...

By all means, name them if they exist. Who were these "loony leftists" running for office on the policies you just named? Because Jill Stein & Bernie aren't Democrats.

Because the GOP are electing their fringe folks. The Democrats are leaving them screaming on the internet and giving them zero power.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

On this date in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, as well as 2020, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day posted profiles of Susan Lynn, of the Tennessee House of Representatives, from District 11. We noted at the time that Susan Lynn has been a guest on Alex Jones' spectacularly insane InfoWars radio show to declare that the state of Tennessee's sovereignty has been unconstitutionally violated (the Supreme Court does not agree), and has repeatedly pushed for nullification legislation to assure that the state of the Tennessee does not follow the federal government. Lynn also has taken to the floor of the Tennessee House to try to put a prohibitive ban on the implantation of microchips into human beings, voicing concerns how such a practice could lead to someone being given "Satan's stamp", aka the Mark of the Beast via such a procedure (seriously, she did that). Lynn has also voted to legalize carrying firearms in bars, enact stricter Voter ID laws, block the Medicaid Expansion, and bring back the electric chair as a possible method of execution. Right before we profiled her, she also made national headlines by submitting legislation to ban Muslim "no go zones" in the United States where people of other faiths outside of Islam are supposedly forbidden to pass... based on the Fox News narrative that such places exist in Paris or Dearborn, Michigan (they don't, of course). In our first update on her, we added her vote for HB 615, the highly unconstitutional attempt by the Tennessee GOP to make The Bible the state book, and finally, her vote for HJR 529, a resolution to express their disagreement with the Supreme Court on the Obergefell v. Hodges ruling.

Lynn has referred to transgenderism as “a mental disorder”, and has been distributing anti-Muslim propaganda DVDs with clever names like “AMERICA’S MOSQUES EXPOSED!” to fellow legislators over the past several years. She also made the bold decision to co-sponsor legislation to recognize Jerusalem as the national capital of Israel, because apparently she’s looking to stir up that Holy War she’s been afraid of with Muslims for the past several years.

Susan Lynn was hardly letting the democratic process play out like a normal politician would with the threat of the “Blue Wave” coming in 2018. Instead, Susan Lynn decided to “tip off” the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and send them to raid the home of her 2018 opponent, Jeremy Hayes, accusing him of “living outside the district” and voting outside of the district. Hayes was only temporarily living with his grandmother, helping her as she’s been undergoing treatment for stage 4 kidney failure, but hey, let’s just watch the GOP’s District Attorney General try and file search warrants and raid the homes of candidates running against their own party members. Nothing shady or fascist about that, right? This isn’t even a coincidence… Lynn ADMITTED she was the one who “informed” on him in a gutless move. Regrettably, even in light of that tasteless moment, Susan Lynn won re-election in 2018 and in 2020 with over two thirds of the of the vote.

As such, she’ll be allowed to continue sponsoring very, very important and not-at-all obviously unconstitutional legislation like putting “IN GOD WE TRUST” signs up in all public schools around the state, which in no way is a violation of the separation of church and state while assuring that it wouldn’t bother “faithless people, or sponsoring anti-choice legislation that would flat out ban the majority of abortions in the state.

However… we’re starting to wonder if maybe someone might be able to knock her out of office in at least a primary in 2022… because people have finally taken note of her love of conspiracy theories and the media has started reporting on who her corporate donors are. Susan Lynn’s Facebook page was sporting a Qanon logo when this happened, and as late as September of 2020, and suddenly, Wal-Mart and Amazon started yanking her campaign funding out from under her… too late for 2020, but it could impact her desire to keep running, and even if she does, it could handicap her ability to fend of any challengers in 2022.

You hate to see it.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    They're going to keep extending the date. Just like Doomsday cults often do when they're proven to be false.

As the original intent of CSGOPOTD was to point out "both parties are not the same"...

By all means, name them if they exist. Who were these "loony leftists" running for office on the policies you just named? Because Jill Stein & Bernie aren't Democrats.

Because the GOP are electing their fringe folks. The Democrats are leaving them screaming on the internet and giving them zero power.
    Not only are they electing their fringe but they actively try to demonize and censure the GOP who do try and stand up to the crazy. They have no leg to stand on period they have gone all in with the racists and white supremacists' and the cultist kooks in the party.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    You sorta conceded our point: these things are *nothing* like the other. What you have here are tactical disputes and griping about people whining. The extremists on the other side stormed congress and erected gallows. These things are not alike and pretending they're remotely similar is dangerous.
    I thought I conceded that in the original post, if anyone would have read past the first five words they would have caught it. I think it was something like "Not as crazy, not as numerous, and not in charge.". Then I compared the left to paint chips on my house while the right was a gaping hole in the wall. Apparently to a lot of people here that means I think they are exactly the same or something.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 03-04-2021 at 09:58 AM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

In all fairness, Bernie does caucus with the Democrats and helps them maintain a slim majority in the Senate. Oh, and they made him chairman of the Budget Committee, so he does have quite a bit of power.
    Watching television is not an activity.

BANNED

I thought I conceded that in the original post, if anyone would have read past the first five words they would have caught it. I think it was something like "Not as crazy, not as numerous, and not in charge.". Then I compared the left to paint chips on my house while the right was a gaping hole in the wall. Apparently to a lot of people here that means I think they are exactly the same or something.
    The only threat that the radical left poses to anyone is that it makes moderates feel bad by pointing out that their half-baked legislation and token minority appointments are just useless gestures and not these triumphant landmarks of progress. We already know that any kind of serious drive toward universal healthcare, combating climate change, fixing the immigration system, or ending police brutality will never actually happen because nobody with any real power is committed to any of those policies, but somehow centrists have decided that they can't even countenance people talking about these things because it makes their watered down proposals look meaningless by comparison. You're not the first person to get caught for doing that whole "well, I'm not trying to punch left buuuuut..." act, just take the L and move on.

NSFW picture if you have a dirty mind.

J&J shot rising to the occasion.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    The only threat that the radical left poses to anyone is that it makes moderates feel bad by pointing out that their half-baked legislation and token minority appointments are just useless gestures and not these triumphant landmarks of progress. We already know that any kind of serious drive toward universal healthcare, combating climate change, fixing the immigration system, or ending police brutality will never actually happen because nobody with any real power is committed to any of those policies, but somehow centrists have decided that they can't even countenance people talking about these things because it makes their watered down proposals look meaningless by comparison. You're not the first person to get caught for doing that whole "well, I'm not trying to punch left buuuuut..." act, just take the L and move on.
    Is it better to push incremental legislation that has a hope of passing or more progressive legislation that has no chance of passing? Which is a better use of limited time and resources?
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe