Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    It's $4.19 a gallon in most places here in upstate NY. Interesting how they raise the prices so quickly, even when the reason for the increase isn't really supposed to take effect for them for a few weeks.
    Prices are pretty much the same here in Philly. Fortunately, I work at home and haven’t done much in the way of driving, save for running errands and weekly supermarket trips. But, I’m guessing prices will go higher.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Prices are pretty much the same here in Philly. Fortunately, I work at home and haven’t done much in the way of driving, save for running errands and weekly supermarket trips. But, I’m guessing prices will go higher.
    its 4.19 a few places here in Cincy. A local guy who monitors gas prices and such claims they will hit 5 bucks by july 4th.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    It's $4.19 a gallon in most places here in upstate NY. Interesting how they raise the prices so quickly, even when the reason for the increase isn't really supposed to take effect for them for a few weeks.
    When you fill up your tank today you are paying the speculated price of gas tomorrow, that is why gas prices change day to day with out getting any new shipment of gas between that time
    Last edited by Moon Ronin; 03-08-2022 at 11:43 AM.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    its 4.19 a few places here in Cincy. A local guy who monitors gas prices and such claims they will hit 5 bucks by july 4th.
    Believe me, if it was as low as that in UK, the nations motorists would be dancing in the streets in joyous celebration.

Extraordinary Member

Depending on the location, around $7 a gallon. A bit over, a bit under depending.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    The leader of the most conservative of the 3 parties in our current coalition government, Christian Lindner of the FDP, has started calling energy from renewable sources "Freiheitsenergie" (freedom energy). On the one hand, that is very cringe and brings shades of freedom fries.

On the other hand, it's great marketing to bring conservative voters on board.
    Interesting. In one online space that I visit, a lot of people are now smug that we are going to have to rely more on nuclear energy going forward (they don't like environmentalists much). They are even predicting that Germany is going to have to cut back on their plans to phase out nuclear power. I don't pay them much mind, because they tend to always be "experts" at everything, currently it's military strategy and energetics, lol. But I wonder if you have any thoughts on that, the only official thing I heard so far was Ursula von der Leyen saying that we will have to invest more into renevable energy now.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Depending on the location, around $7 a gallon. A bit over, a bit under depending.
    Just done a rough calculation for my local part of UK…just a bit over that 7 dollar average.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Just done a rough calculation for my local part of UK…just a bit over that 7 dollar average.
    In the UK it is about $7.70 per gallon. The UK is pretty self sufficient when it comes to oil production so will not need to look for outside sources with a ban of Russian oil but with the price of Brent oil with some speculation to hit 200 it may hit over $10 per gallon this summer
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Russia Set to Ban Commodity Exports Following Western Sanctions
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/russia-...ns-11646768260

Russian President Vladimir Putin is banning exports of certain commodities and raw materials, according to a decree issued Tuesday evening in Moscow.

The actual commodities that will be banned from export will be determined by the Russian cabinet, the decree said. Putin gave them two days to come up with a list of commodities and of countries subject to the ban.
    Apparently he is also banning imports of "certain commodities and raw materials."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Texas continues to traumitize trans children.\

https://twitter.com/ErinInTheMorn/st...282496/photo/1
    Florida is now on the clock!!!

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Russia suspends forex sales to September 9: central bank
    https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/ban...9-central-bank

Russia has suspended the sale of foreign currencies until September 9, the central bank said in a statement on Wednesday, amid unprecedented economic sanctions on the country following its offensive in Ukraine.

Between March 9 and September 9 "the banks will not be able to sell foreign currencies to citizens," said the statement, which added that Russians would however be able to change foreign currencies into the local rouble unit during that window.

Customers would be able to exchange any amount of foreign currency for rubles at any time, it added, and cash withdrawals from foreign currency accounts at Russian banks will be limited to US$10,000 until September 9.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Idaho House Passes Discriminatory Bill to Criminalize Gender Affirming Care for Transgender Youth

https://www.hrc.org/news/idaho-house...nsgender-youth

The Idaho House approved legislation today that makes it a felony for a doctor to provide age-appropriate, medically-necessary, best practice gender affirming care for transgender children. H.675 now heads to the Idaho Senate for further consideration.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Idaho House Passes Discriminatory Bill to Criminalize Gender Affirming Care for Transgender Youth

Once again, when it comes to the GQP, it’s all about the cruelty.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

I just don't get it, but I'm sure Mets has a completely "rational" reason why its okay.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!