Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    A distinction here is that there's more of an understanding that some people will believe that abortion causes significant harm. We don't know when life begins and a fetus is morally equivalent to a human infant. Some people will be more cavalier; perhaps they are atheists who don't believe in the concept of the soul and will conclude that due to limited cognitive ability, the death of a fetus is equivalent to the death of a turkey. People are going to feel differently on this.
    Not donating organs causes significant harm to actual, undeniably living people. We still allow people to choose what to do. My corpse will have more bodily autonomy and rights than women in America.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Not donating organs causes significant harm to actual, undeniably living people. We still allow people to choose what to do. My corpse will have more bodily autonomy and rights than women in America.
    This is a very sad fact.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

On a positive note, VP Harris cast the deciding vote to pass this important legislation. Vongrats to Schumer, Biden and the Democrats. No Republican votes.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    On a positive note, VP Harris cast the deciding vote to pass this important legislation. Vongrats to Schumer, Biden and the Democrats. No Republican votes.
    Im sure that pissed off some of the woman hating racists the GOP caters to. A female POC in Power cast the vote that gave the Dems a win.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Im sure that pissed off some of the woman hating racists the GOP caters to. A female POC in Power cast the vote that gave the Dems a win.
    She would not have had to if a single Republican wanted to help the country. They couldn't even get the 60 votes needed to lower the cost of insulin.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

By now they have been programmed to just hear Democrats or Liberals as all those things anyways.

Fun trick, look at what some of the CPAC speakers have said and sub in the word "Jews" for "Liberals" and see if Rick Scott sounds like a certain Austrian house painter or not.
    Dark does not mean deep.

She would not have had to if a single Republican wanted to help the country. They couldn't even get the 60 votes needed to lower the cost of insulin.
    Yea I saw that. It pissed me off. My dad uses insulin every day and it is our highest medical cost.
    Last edited by babyblob; 08-07-2022 at 04:06 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Overall, a white child is almost three times more likely to be adopted than a Black or Hispanic child. So, people may be more open to adoption of kindergartners of other races but that doesn’t translate to all adoptions.

Lacking any actual evidence of souls it seems unreasonable for a minority group to force legislation supporting their beliefs on the entire country. Wouldn’t it seem unreasonable for Hindus in the US to force leglistlation outlawing the slaughter of cattle?
    So if white babies are adopted more often than Black or Hispanic babies, but more Black and Hispanic kindergartners are adopted, what does that tell you? 1. White couples who want the whole experience of raising a child from birth want to adopt someone who looks like them and 2. Black and Hispanic children who are adopted at age 5 or so have already gone through a lot of stuff that might not be able to be undone.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Overall, a white child is almost three times more likely to be adopted than a Black or Hispanic child. So, people may be more open to adoption of kindergartners of other races but that doesn’t translate to all adoptions.

Lacking any actual evidence of souls it seems unreasonable for a minority group to force legislation supporting their beliefs on the entire country. Wouldn’t it seem unreasonable for Hindus in the US to force leglistlation outlawing the slaughter of cattle?
    Where do you get your sources on adoption, because I'm seeing different information. For your numbers to work, the majority of black and hispanic children in foster care will not be adopted (IE- if the average white kid has a 96 percent chance of being adopted, the average black or Hispanic kid can have a roughly 32 percent chance)

I understand this can be hard to get data on, as things can change quickly (there was an increase in white kids given up for adoption in the late 2010s), and definitions can differ (IE- Are we comparing kids only in foster care, or do kids adopted by relatives/ family friends count?)

With the question of evidence of souls, that is going to get into sketchy territory if government bodies are given the ability to distinguish between concerns that should be taken seriously and those that can't. It also forces the pro-choice side to make some ugly counterarguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    I feel you are oversimplifying this. Some people are simply not attracted to other races even if they otherwise get along with them. I am not sure it would be fair to say those people have a moral failing because of it.
    The heart wants what it wants, and that's fine as long as its consenting adults, so I'm not criticizing people for who they're attracted to.

I wouldn't want to have anyone pretending to be attracted to people of other races because they think that would be more socially acceptable.

But if someone pretends they're not attracted to people of other races, or is open about the attraction but thinks those people are not for marrying, that would represent a moral failing.

Do you really think the right would be happier with Buttigieg, Newsom or Cuomo casting the decisive vote?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Yea I saw that. It pissed me off. My dad uses insulin every day and it is our highest medical cost.
    I believe the $35 cap on insulin is good for those on Medicare.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Where do you get your sources on adoption, because I'm seeing different information. For your numbers to work, the majority of black and hispanic children in foster care will not be adopted (IE- if the average white kid has a 96 percent chance of being adopted, the average black or Hispanic kid can have a roughly 32 percent chance)

I understand this can be hard to get data on, as things can change quickly (there was an increase in white kids given up for adoption in the late 2010s), and definitions can differ (IE- Are we comparing kids only in foster care, or do kids adopted by relatives/ family friends count?)

With the question of evidence of souls, that is going to get into sketchy territory if government bodies are given the ability to distinguish between concerns that should be taken seriously and those that can't. It also forces the pro-choice side to make some ugly counterarguments.

The heart wants what it wants, and that's fine as long as its consenting adults, so I'm not criticizing people for who they're attracted to.

I wouldn't want to have anyone pretending to be attracted to people of other races because they think that would be more socially acceptable.

But if someone pretends they're not attracted to people of other races, or is open about the attraction but thinks those people are not for marrying, that would represent a moral failing.

Do you really think the right would be happier with Buttigieg, Newsom or Cuomo casting the decisive vote?
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...d-children-us/
    The link is for the year 2020.

Forgive me if I misinterpreted the information. I was sort of researching it on my phone while on the go earlier today.
    According to the numbers, roughly 3 white children were adopted for every Hispanic or Black child.
    Show me the information you have for distribution by age and ethnicity. I'm interested in seeing it.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 08-07-2022 at 05:01 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

I believe the $35 cap on insulin is good for those on Medicare.
    That is whay we paying right now. But before we got his blood sugar under control (Which was not easy because he would not give up sweets and such for the longest time.) We were buying to batches a month which was 70 bucks.

I say our highest cost I mean the highest costing one time pay for meds. But with my metal health meds and a few of his others we do pay more then the Insulin. But as costs for one med the 35 bucks is highest costing.

Guess it really doesnt matter when we add all of them together.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

The headlines I’ve seen so far on the insulin thing are ridiculous. CNN is “Democrats lose …”. Another was “Democrats fall short …”. Screw that. How about “Republicans vote for higher insulin prices”, “Republicans vote against insulin cap”.

The headlines I’ve seen so far on the insulin thing are ridiculous. CNN is “Democrats lose …”. Another was “Democrats fall short …”. Screw that. How about “Republicans vote for higher insulin prices”, “Republicans vote against insulin cap”.
    yes. That is more of how the GOP is so much better at controlling the spin

If this was on the other foot they would be going nuts about the Dems not wanting to help the American people.

This bill should be a big boost for the Democrats. But we have talking heads going for click bait and ratings because thr Dems bombing is a bigger headline.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Exactly that. Why CNN didn’t call out Qpublicans for their neverending obstruction, I have no idea.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!