Page 169 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 691191591651661671681691701711721731792192696691169 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 75153
    Astonishing Member

Looks line the reports about outside agitators are true.

Take the Gaetz tweet down right now @twitter
    . RIGHT NOW. The survivors of mass shootings are lighting up my phone. They are scared to death this will inspire someone to start shooting into a crowd tonight. They are right.
    Rep Chris Murphy, Twitter Link
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Looks line the reports about outside agitators are true.
    Not surprising. I'm sure there are a lot of groups who potentially can benefit politically and/or financially from protestors tearing apart their own community on national TV.

And almost as bad, I'll wager there are some out there who want to agitate things purely for entertainment value. I seriously believe this sort of drama almost becomes a reality TV show for some people.

Seriously... sitting around in your car with bricks waiting to hand it to angry people is just so messed up.

Extraordinary Member

The President is scaring the **** out of me

Astonishing Member

The President has always scared the sh*** outta of me.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    The President is scaring the **** out of me
    That's why I avoid listening to him as much as possible. I'll catch it in the news later.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    That's why I avoid listening to him as much as possible. I'll catch it in the news later.
    It was the expected. Racism, racism, shoot people, property is important.

Not a drop of empathy to be found.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

And Trump walks off to have a photo-op at a church and has a bunch of goons tear gas people along the way. Of course.

Last edited by InformationGeek; 06-01-2020 at 04:17 PM.

Now I dont know much about how these things work. But I thought I learned in school during social sudiesthat the president of the United states does not have the legal Authority to use the US Army on American Soil without approval. To prevent him from abusing the army to go after his enemies etc... Am I wrong on this?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

How can things get any worse? Oh what’s that you say? Trump has opened his mouth again. Ah I see.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Now I dont know much about how these things work. But I thought I learned in school during social sudiesthat the president of the United states does not have the legal Authority to use the US Army on American Soil without approval. To prevent him from abusing the army to go after his enemies etc... Am I wrong on this?
    It's the Insurrection Act. Here's what I got about it.

The Insurrection Act of 1807 is a United States federal law (10 U.S.C. §§ 251–255; prior to 2016, 10 U.S.C. §§ 331–335) that governs the ability of the President of the United States to deploy military troops within the United States to suppress civil disorder, insurrection, and rebellion.
    Enacted by: the 9th United States Congress
    Effective: March 3, 1807

Well this is astonishingly awful.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    And Trump walks off to have a photo-op at a church and has a bunch of goons tear gas people along the way. Of course.

I wonder how many of his followers will gush at him waving a Bible around at the same time he ignores its teachings

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The Insurrection Act allows a president to use US troops without approval in an emergency situation.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I wonder how many of his followers will gush at him waving a Bible around at the same time he ignores its teachings
    All of them.