Page 190 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 901401801861871881891901911921931942002402906901190 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 75153

But WhY WoulD yoU suPpOrt BidEn:
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/wh...of2&yptr=yahoo

That speech wasn’t empty rhetoric. Last summer, Biden released a comprehensive plan for reforming retirement policy, yet it received little media attention. While political pundits were busy painting Biden, Sanders, and other presidential contenders with broad verbal brushes such as “moderate” and “liberal,” they spent little time diving into the candidates’ plans. Biden’s actual policies tell a different story than any out-of-context quote, misleading email, or vague epithet ever will: Uncle Joe has a deeply progressive economic agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    George Will, in a interview with Joy Reed, predicts that the hashtag that will trend on Twitter in 2021 will be #Trumpwho?
    I think we'll be more focused on #DoNotPassGo because that bronzer-clown is going directly to jail once he's not got the office of the presidency to protect him from such.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

LEGO Pulls Back Police Playset Affiliate Marketing Amid George Floyd Protests: https://toybook.com/lego-pulling-bac...loyd-protests/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    The bad actors are coming out in droves to exploit the protests so the Democrats are more vulnerable when elections hit.

Mighty Member

I honestly think if your a Trump supporter at this point, you should consider wearing a paper bag over your face to hide your shame. History won't be kind to Trump, he will most likely go down as one of the worst Presidents the country has ever had, such a vile human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    LEGO Pulls Back Police Playset Affiliate Marketing Amid George Floyd Protests: https://toybook.com/lego-pulling-bac...loyd-protests/
    Okay, my personal set they are pulling is 60233- Donut Shop Opening

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    So I'm a White Supremacist now because I don't sympathize with looters? (I'm half-latino by the way and my wife is from China)

Ok, so when was the last time you heard or read a Black Officer taking any heat for a murder of a person with a different race?
    Black officers have been persecuted for crimes like these.

Besides, it sounds like you have a problem with black people beyond the current protest. That might be something you might want to carry out some introspection on.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

William Barr’s Vast, Nameless Army Is Being Brought To Bear On D.C. Protesters

Federal law enforcement officers are operating on American streets without identification, which experts say breeds a culture of impunity. Short and sweet, this is dangerous!

NYPD Uses Aggressive Tactics On Peaceful Demonstrators Out After Curfew

“I can’t believe what I just witnessed & experienced,” New York City’s public advocate said after sharing a video of police using batons on demonstrators. Which leads to this....

As Congress Tries To Reform Policing, Democrats Face Classic Legislative Dilemmas

How willing are Republicans to back changes to law enforcement practices, and how much difference would new laws make anyway?

Trump Went Full-On Fascist For A Photo-Op. What’s He Willing To Do To Keep Power?

Authoritarianism experts worry that Trump could abuse his powers to try to disrupt the November election or delegitimize the result if he loses.

‘Appalled’ Jim Mattis Says Trump Has Divided The Nation

“We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership,” the former defense secretary wrote to The Atlantic.

Trump Brutally Mocked For Saying He Went To Bunker Just To Inspect It

One Twitter user wondered what the president was inspecting the bunker for: “Bunkeriness? Hideability?”
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 06-04-2020 at 02:01 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It'll get bloody... though that's not necessarily enough of a reason not to act if the riots can't be stopped any other way.

The police have their opportunity to at least try and stop this before the military is called in ... hopefully they can make something happen. And of course the rioters themselves have the opportunity to stop it anytime they choose.

As harsh as it sounds, if it's a choice between the lives of the rioters and the lives of the innocent victims of the rioters you go with the later over the former. Will the military be as surgical about it as we would like? I'm guessing no unfortunately... but at a certain point enough is enough.
    So to summarise

You think the police had their chance despite It being readily apparent they've bungled it horribly and you value property over lives. Since the current deaths are fairly minimal compared to the river of blood you'll get with the military, at which you've shrugged your shoulders.

Once again, wanting to kill your own citizens isnt a sign of patriotism.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    So to summarise

You think the police had their chance despite It being readily apparent they've bungled it horribly and you value property over lives. Since the current deaths are fairly minimal compared to the river of blood you'll get with the military, at which you've shrugged your shoulders.

31 years to the day since Tiannemen Square. You know which person from the West thought the Chinese done good?

“When the students poured into Tiananmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it,” Trump told Playboy Magazine months later. “Then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength. That shows you the power of strength.”

From the NY Times today, Nick Kristof.

So to summarise

I don't get it. So...Peaceful protesting is okay, but the police being protested (for their obscene violence) get to have the unilateral authority to decide what is or isn't a peaceful protest and respond with unlimited force. I just can't wrap my mind around it, my head is spinning. People can't possible not see what's wrong with that.

Trump is turning the WH into his own private fortress

I can't believe even Republicans are cool with that.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

So to summarise

I actually trust way more the capacity to show restraint and humanity of the military than the police personally.

But to use the troops to control civilians can be quite dangerous for a government. They can refuse to obey and turn their weapons.

Happened quite often in the past, turning riots into revolution. (France or Russia to just name of couple examples)

So to summarise

The arguement that it's valuing property over lives is flawed considering that lives are being lost. Innocent people are being murdered by the rioters. Right or wrong, people are attempting to defend their homes and livelihoods against the rioters and unfortunately paying a price for that. Point being there lives matter too. Every life of every US citizen should matter to government, but if push comes to shove and a choice has to be made between the lives of the rioters and the people victimized by the rioters government can, will and should choose the later.

I agree wanting to kill your own citizens isn't a sign of patriotism... but defending the lives of US citizens that are being endangered, even from other US citizens, is a part of governments jobs. If the rioters are looting, burning down buildings, and murdering innocent people it is in fact the governments job to stop this. I HOPE the police and national guard can do it without the aide of the military... but if the simply can't, then that obligation does fall on the military. One way or the other it has to stop, and it will. It's just a question of whether or not it's ultimately stopped by the rioters themselves (that obviously is the most ideal scenario), the police, or the military (worst case scenario).
    Last edited by XPac; 06-04-2020 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I don't get it. So...Peaceful protesting is okay, but the police being protested (for their obscene violence) get to have the unilateral authority to decide what is or isn't a peaceful protest and respond with unlimited force. I just can't wrap my mind around it, my head is spinning. People can't possible not see what's wrong with that.
    Again, the problem being that protesters are looting, burning down buildings, and in some cases even murdering people. This is no longer an issue of police just being protested... this is an issue of innocent civilians being targeted and victimized.

Buildings are being burned down... people are being murdered. What what point in your mind is the government obligated to stop this?

And again, I hate to be a broken record here but even the peaceful protests are violating social distancing, which potentially means hundreds will die from this down the line. So there's a huge cost of human life either way. It might be worth it in the eyes of many... but there's no happy ending to any of this even in the most ideal circumstance. The timing of all of this just makes it impossible. Whether it's from rioters, police, military, or the virus lives will be lost and this just won't end well.
    Last edited by XPac; 06-04-2020 at 06:39 AM.