Page 208 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 1081581982042052062072082092102112122182583087081208 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 75153
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I had cartoons of the week lined up ... but I this is the only one needed.

This is brilliant.

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Black Lives Matter was created because of Trayvon Martin's death who WASNT killed by a cop.

Stop spreading alt right talking points and educate yourself.
    Trayvon was killed by an entitled white man who WAS TOLD BY 911 TO NOT FOLLOW HIM, DID IT ANYWAY, and then murdered a teenager

and then he was acquitted by a jury

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

The top trend on US Twitter right now is "Lady G"

which is not about the new Lady Gaga album, but about the alleged nickname that alleged senator Lindsey Graham allegedly asked alleged male sex workers to allegedly call him during alleged intercourse.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Name them.

Unless you can't. Because it sure seems like you can't, and this is posturing and a false argument.

To defend systematic racism and police brutality.

Great cause, you're working on.
    David Dorn right now is the most high profile one.

But if you feel that victims of looters don't exist, in the end that's your perogative. As is not wanting to speak about them if you choose not to. That's fair.

BUt arguing that someone discussing that automatically equates to defending systematic racism and/or police brutality is kind of a reach. It's pretty easy to be against all of the above.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I personally know 4 people who had their lives livelihood ruined in the past couple says due to looting... to them it's a real issue.

To others it's not... just something they read about on the internet. And I'll wager some view police brutality that way too.

All I'm saying is there is plenty of tradegy to go around.
    There is yes, but loss of life is a far greater tragedy than loss of a business.

And frankly, we wouldn't even be in this position if police simply did their job fairly.

But they haven't and have not for years now. No one condones looting, but it's far easier to be sympathetic to the people lashing out due to institutional abuse that's dragged on for God knows how long now.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    Trayvon was killed by an entitled white man who WAS TOLD BY 911 TO NOT FOLLOW HIM, DID IT ANYWAY, and then murdered a teenager

and then he was acquitted by a jury
    Exactly. It was pretty egregious. That's why BLM was formed.

Anyone suggesting they are the cause of the problem is being idiotic.

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post

which is not about the new Lady Gaga album, but about the alleged nickname that alleged senator Lindsey Graham allegedly asked alleged male sex workers to allegedly call him during alleged intercourse.
    just have them all make a statement that they would love to talk, but can't due to NDAs

but get them all together

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    There is yes, but loss of life is a far greater tragedy than loss of a business.

And frankly, we wouldn't even be in this position if police simply did their job fairly.

But they haven't and have not for years now. No one condones looting, but it's far easier to be sympathetic to the people lashing out due to institutional abuse that's dragged on for God knows how long now.
    Loss of life is greater than loss of business ... but when loss of business involves loss of life that kinda sucks too. No one I know personally, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist or it doesn't matter. There's no reason we can't sympathize with all of the above.

My point being I don't know why it's become a constenst between the two. Both can and should be criticisized. And for the purposes of this threat both are valid topics of conversation. Yes, there are police that aren't doing their job fairly. And yes there are criminals who will loot and murder if they are given cover to do so... like a protest. Both of these things suck. And if anyone doesn't want to discuss either or both for whatever reason, that's cool too. Point being there's not much to really argue about here.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This is brilliant.
    Kal is one of the all-time greats.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post

Another family values member of the GOP is in the closet?

I am shocked.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

My point being I don't know why it's become a constenst between the two. Both can and should be criticisized.
    If you were doing what you claim in reasonably equal measure, you wouldn't even be having this conversation.

I personally know 4 people who had their lives livelihood ruined in the past couple says due to looting...
    Again, you're equating their property to black lives.

And still have can only name one supposed victim of murder during the "looting", versus dozens of instances of black people murdered by police.

The tragedy going around is you have little enough empathy to do this, even when it's being pointed out how callous it is.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Ultimate Member

"Reddit Co-founder Alexis Ohanian on Friday announced his resignation from the company’s board, saying he was stepping down and urging the company to replace him with a black candidate.

“I’m writing this as a father who needs to be able to answer his black daughter when she asks: ‘What did you do?’” Ohanian wrote in a blog post.

Ohanian, who is married to professional tennis player Serena Williams, also committed to using future gains from his Reddit stock to serve the black community and focus on curbing racial hate. To start, Ohanian said he would donate $1 million to former NFL player and activist Colin Kaepernick’s Know Your Rights Camp.

“I believe resignation can actually be an act of leadership from people in power right now. To everyone fighting to fix our broken nation: do not stop,” Ohanian said.

Ohanian co-founded Reddit in 2005. After selling the company to Conde Nast in 2006, Ohanian and co-founder Steve Huffman returned to the company full time in 2015. Ohanian stepped back from a day-to-day role in 2018 while continuing to serve on the board."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/05/redd...community.html

Intermediary

not good enough

Reddit is a breeding ground for white extremism and nationalism and he and his board let it happen

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    If you were doing what you claim in reasonably equal measure, you wouldn't even be having this conversation.
    Why exactly are we having this conversation at all is my question?

I feel that looting is the most pressing matter and you don't... so what? Do we actually have to agree on the matter? If there any particular reason anyone should even care? If there's an obligation to offer exactly the same amount of debate on both sides of the issue, it's not like I'm literally the only one not doing that. The difference is I don't have an issue with it.

It should be enough to say we all disagree with the looters and the police brutality regardless of which issue we feel is immediately more pressing, but if thats not the case then I'm not sure why it's justified discussing the matter for half a dozen pages. The topic of discussion shouldn't be about you or me for that matter, so I'm not why we're still talking about it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    not good enough

Reddit is a breeding ground for white extremism and nationalism and he and his board let it happen
    What public forum isn't these days -- especially when there is little to no moderation.

It's one of the reasons I tend only to have these discussions on this forum and even that has to be done in measured doses.

It's far worse on other sites -- a lot of the ideologies I see expressed out there are like something straight out of 4Chan.

I see these sites as a reflection of what's really going on in the minds of many who would never admit to those thoughts aloud.

Why exactly are we having this conversation at all is my question?
    Because cops keep unlawfully abusing and killing black people.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 06-05-2020 at 02:02 PM.