Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Already being downplayed by the Fox News and the like. "Anyone can make a call and leave a voicemail. "There is no way to know if this is a Trump supporter like the voice claims or if it was someone who is trying to make Trump Supporters look bad. After the way Officer Fanone betrayed his fellow officers and the country we can not put it past him."
    I’d think calling to threaten a police officer while they give testimony would call for an investigation.
    That guy may have talked his way into a deep pile of s**t.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 07-29-2021 at 10:23 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I guess that "Back The Blue" only counts for right wingers when cops are beating and killing people of color. But when they're not helping lily white insurgents run amok in the Capitol, suddenly they're enemies of the state. Predictable.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I guess that "Back The Blue" only counts for right wingers when cops are beating and killing people of color. But when they're not helping lily white insurgents run amok in the Capitol, suddenly they're enemies of the state. Predictable.
    It's become apparent the GOP only supports those who beat down on other people. Never the victims of the violence. Abusive cops, neo-Nazis or insurgents at the Capitol, they always take the side of those doing the beating.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I’d think calling to threaten a police officer while they give testimony would call for an investigation.
    Yeah.

On that one, how is someone(honestly, I don't even care who...) not immediately calling for an investigation to sort out if it was an actual threat or some sort if a tune up?

Never mind that it could be someone with a mental issue who is acting out.

Just screaming for an investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It's become apparent the GOP only supports those who beat down on other people. Never the victims of the violence. Abusive cops, neo-Nazis or insurgents at the Capitol, they always take the side of those doing the beating.
    It's almost as if they root for cruel people, and the cruelty is the point.

Oh, wait, that's exactly it.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I'd like to know how the caller got his phone number in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'd like to know how the caller got his phone number in the first place.
    You don't think someone in the GOP who Fanone called asking for answers the past 6 months would give his number out to some psycho follower of theirs?

(They would.)
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    You don't think someone in the GOP who Fanone called asking for answers the past 6 months would give his number out to some psycho follower of theirs?

(They would.)
    I'd bet a month's pay on that. Qpublicans have clearly shown they have no morals or decency and will do ANYTHING to further their twisted goals.

A tornado tore through Bucks County (20 or so miles north of where I live in West Philadelphia), causing widespread damage and destroying this new car dealership:

Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 07-30-2021 at 06:33 AM.

I heard the warnings for the area last night. I hope no one was hurt.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Nearly half of Republicans say 'a time will come when patriotic Americans have to take the law into their own hands,' new poll shows

Less than a year after a pro-Trump mob stormed the US Capitol, nearly half of Republican voters (47%) say that "a time will come when patriotic Americans have to take the law into their own hands," per a new nationwide survey by George Washington University's School of Media and Public Affairs.

Only about 29% of Americans agreed with this statement on some level, the poll found, including just 9% of Democrats. And 49 said they disagree or strongly disagree.

The poll also found that a majority of Republicans (55%) say "the traditional American way of life is disappearing so fast we may have to use force to save it." About 15% of Democrats agreed with this statement, but more Americans disagreed (46%) than agreed (34%).

More Republicans (27%) than Democrats (18%) said that "strong leaders sometimes have to bend the rules in order to get things done."
    The poll also found extremely low levels of trust among Republicans when it comes to elections — 82% said it's "hard to trust the results of elections when so many people will vote for anyone who offers a handout." Only 15% of Democrats were on the same page.

Echoing other recent polls on the 2020 election, the survey found that just 20% of Republicans were confident in the 2020 election results as compared to over 90% of Democrats.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I heard the warnings for the area last night. I hope no one was hurt.
    Last I heard, there had been about ten injuries but, thankfully, no deaths.

iMan 42s

We got a bit worried we'd get the tornados down here. Haven't left for work yet so maybe we got some wind damage but as far as I can tell we'd been fine. Had me a bit worried around 3pm yesterday but we got nothing outside a bit of rain though I could see a nasty looking cloud off in the distance.

Saw the news though, apparently something be it hail or a mini tornado ran through what might have been an off ramp? Can't tell but it was a bit scary yesterday.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Yeah.

On that one, how is someone(honestly, I don't even care who...) not immediately calling for an investigation to sort out if it was an actual threat or some sort if a tune up?

Never mind that it could be someone with a mental issue who is acting out.

Just screaming for an investigation.
    I'm pretty sure there's an investigation. It depends on whether they can find anything. It's pretty easy to obscure a phone number from records, but someone making a death threat at a cop might not be very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Court told over 'real and substantial concerns' about finances of Trump Organisation

Translation: Trump might be in deep, hot water regarding his Golf Course in Scotland.
    At the moment, a left-wing activist group is asking for an extension in a request to get the Scottish government to overturn their decision not to pursue an order against Trump to find out where he got money for a golf course in Scotland.

Avaaz does not have the greatest track record.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...sm-clicktivism

Avaaz might not get the extension. Even if they get the extension, it doesn't mean the Scottish government will reverse their previous decision. And even if the Scottish government agrees to investigate Trump, it doesn't mean they'll find he violated their laws.

It's going to take a while for this to affect the border, so this doesn't fix the immediate problems (large number of border crossings, people who overstayed Visas, people who made asylum claims that do not meet existing standards.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets