Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    So if Biden wins, gee that's great, but the fact that America did not make a grand refutation of Trump's bullshit is disheartening to say the least.

Be safe the next few days (at least) those of you, who may be more vulnerable, depending on where you live, and who you are. No matter who wins, things have a potential to get nasty out there.
    Yea I live in Virginia ( the state is blue) but its only a three hour drive from my house to D.C or to Charlottesville, VA (where the klan meet in 2017). But I been seeing a lot of concerning posts on local news outlets from angry voters.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    The thing with Trump is I don't even think he really wants to be President. He just loves the attention and admiration being President brings him. There probably wasn't anyone more surprised he won in 2016 than him.

The other thing is I think he hates losing. He sees this as the ultimate popularity contest or competition, which is why I think he's been planting the "voter fraud" argument for the last couple of months now.

Having said that, again because he appeals to the extreme right wing and doesn't adhere to the PC movement, there's a large sect of America that love him.
    I was talking to a friend about this last night. If you go back and watch the video from 2016 when it's announced he won, he himself looks shocked or in disbelief lol. He has this expression like " Who ME??"

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I wish I was shocked, I really do.
    Same. I hoped, but I don't think I ever really expected it?

I sort of expected the results to match the covid outbreaks, in all honesty. The places that have refused to take their own health seriously. The fact that large swaths of America are treating a public health issue as a partisan issue, ya know, to "own the libs" etc, told me all I needed to know well ahead of the election.

America is a dumb fucking country.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

If Biden manages to win this in a wild comeback , i will call him the Pat Mahomes of politics. He won the primaries when a lot thought he was finished after a couple places. He came back from that and if does this ...wow.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Same. I hoped, but I don't think I ever really expected it?

I sort of expected the results to match the covid outbreaks, in all honesty. The places that have refused to take their own health seriously. The fact that large swaths of America are treating a public health issue as a partisan issue, ya know, to "own the libs" etc, told me all I needed to know well ahead of the election.

America is a dumb fucking country.
    I just wholeheartedly disagree with that last statement. It's by no means perfect but America literally is a melting pot of all different kinds of ideologies, beliefs, and background. That's why these elections continue to surprise us.

You say tomato...

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    If Biden manages to win this in a wild comeback , i will call him the Pat Mahomes of politics. He won the primaries when a lot thought he was finished after a couple places. He came back from that and if does this ...wow.
    Well again...I don't know if that says a lot about how people feel favorably about Biden but more how lukewarm they are to him. He lost to Sanders in the primaries IMO because of Sanders' health issues as well as some of his more extreme left ideas that weren't meshing well in more moderate areas.

You say tomato...
    Well, I definitely do. There are lots of places around the world in which you're not given a choice. Even if America makes one I don't agree with, I certainly feel privileged to live in an area where we get to make that decision.

Looks like this guy called it back in August.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/27/t...-majority.html

"Wow..."

as in "You Needed A 'Doug Jones...' Win To Actually Beat Donald Trump In The Middle Of A Pandemic..."

This ain't one to be proud of.

Extraordinary Member

It won’t be a wild comeback. The overreaction last night was just that. People didn’t expect the early swings pre mail in and didn’t expect that Trump would get decisive wins in a few states he already was trending well in. Florida and Ohio were razor thin but went hard Trump.

Right now the polls are mostly right in outcome just not method

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    I just wholeheartedly disagree with that last statement. It's by no means perfect but America literally is a melting pot of all different kinds of ideologies, beliefs, and background. That's why these elections continue to surprise us.
    In America we still have a frightening amount of people who mock smart folks, ridicule scientists/teachers/the educated as elites, deny science as biased or a religion, and go with their feelings despite mountains of proof refuting them.

This election has proven that with no shadow of a doubt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The best part is watching Republican supporters on my social media go into a mental break down now. They are comparing this to 9/11 and more wild ****. Its almost insane to see.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    It won’t be a wild comeback. The overreaction last night was just that. People didn’t expect the early swings pre mail in and didn’t expect that Trump would get decisive wins in a few states he already was trending well in. Florida and Ohio were razor thin but went hard Trump.

Right now the polls are mostly right in outcome just not method
    I wouldn't call it an overreaction. I think there were people who wanted this election to be a slam dunk affirmation that the Trump Presidency was an unmitigated disaster and the election results didn't reflect that. Biden is going to win the popular vote but by far less than what Hilary obtained 4 years ago, and he won't be able to declare victory until tonight or more likely tomorrow. Even then I suspect there will be lawsuits filed mostly because of how close it is in some of these states.

If Biden holds on I don't think the left will lose a lot of sleep over it but it's just not shaping up to what they were expecting. And it definitely looked for a minute that it was going to be a repeat of 2016, which experts and the left were also trying to relay to voters.

Mighty Member

Hmmmm, Tami is right. Assuming Trump takes Pennsylvania and the rest of the map stays the same Biden wins 270 to 268, as a result of winning both of the congressional districts in Maine.

Michigan could still go red though, Flint Michigan's votes haven't fully come in (The former hollowed out union stronghold, that Michael Moore bites his nails over) and overseas military votes, so we shall see.