Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It has zero difference from an orthodox rabbianical court, which is also in existence and is also 'the law' for those communities in religious civil matters.

If you're going to criticize the existence of religious courts for matrimonial disputes, fine I guess, but if you only do it because Muslims, well...
    Let me take a step back. I am an atheist and I think religions are “Silly” but I also believe everyone should peacefully believe and practice whatever they want.

I criticize all religious courts, all, when those communities live by that rather by the law of the land. It just so happens that the Jewish community in the UK is much smaller than the Muslim community and they are less segregated in poor areas.

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Nah, that ship has long sailed. They don’t record full ethnicity data of perpetrators for being of being considered racist:
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b2007649.html

“The fight against grooming gangs is still being hampered by authorities’ fears that they could be called racist for documenting abusers’ ethnicity, an official has said.”
    'says official'. Forgive me if I'm skeptical.

Even in jails there’s a problem:
    https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-...ns-2022-04-27/
    This is actually a real problem. Prisons are ripe for recruitment and radicalization. You see it in US prisons with hard-right aryan nationalism all the time, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't condone any of the killings over cartoons of Mohamed, but the general unrest you're talking about is largely because they are minority populations that are being treat poorly by the governments they reside under. What we're seeing in Europe isn't like the way Christian Nationalists are operating in the US but rather something akin to the race riots the US went through in the 60's and more recently in the wake of the string of high profile police brutality cases against minority populations.

While I generally abhor violence, sometimes sadly it is the only thing that gets the people in power to listen and actually change things for the better.
    No, sorry, it’s nothing like race riots and the civil rights movement, that is completely absurd

'says official'. Forgive me if I'm skeptical.

This is actually a real problem. Prisons are ripe for recruitment and radicalization. You see it in US prisons with hard-right aryan nationalism all the time, for example.
    The Independent isn’t Fox News or Breitbart

Almost all of the links I’ve posted are from reputable news outlets. I say “almost all” because I did put one from the Daily Mail, which is a right wing sensationalist newspaper (but I can find the same news on a good website, I was just lazy and posted the first one that came up)
    Last edited by hyped78; 08-13-2022 at 07:01 AM.

Almost all of the links I’ve posted are from reputable news outlets. I say “almost all” because I did put one from the Daily Mail, which is a bit or a right wing sensationalist newspaper (but I can find the same news on a good website, I was just lazy and posted the first one that came up)
    No, I'm just skeptical of someone doing the old 'PEOPLE ARE JUST AFRAID TO GET CALLED RACIST' song and dance in the press. The report itself doesn't really elaborate on whether or not the claim is true in a verifiable way. It just reports the claim, and says 'there are flaws in the report that asserted they were predominantly white'.

Haha true, the goal posts on “crazy” have been widened in the last few years!
    This is true, although it would also be interesting to reread all of this in a year, and see what's come to pass.

Will anyone reading next year think "Wow, they were prescient about Trump being tried for treason!" or will there be a lot of comments by people who are confident but wrong?

I'm far more worried by the members of the Christian right who hold the same ideological points of view.
    We can be concerned about both at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    God forbid anyone gets hurt as a result of this horribly irresponsible act, but, if that does happen, I hope the families sue Breitbart for every last fucking dime.
    For what?

It's hard to sue a newspaper for posting accurate information.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I don't think he is facing a firing squad.
    But knowing what possible sentence this carries demonstrate the scope and seriousness of the crime.
    We shall see.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I can't believe I am coming to hyped78's defense here. But there has been much more unrest within Muslim communities in Europe than here in the US. The 2013 riots in Paris. The Charlie Hebdo killings, and so forth. There are problems as well in other countries like Germany, Holland and England...Does this mean the majority of Muslims? Not at all, just as Islamic terrorism is not a part of the majority of Muslims worldwide, but it is a problem non the less. Just as Christian terrorist here does not make all Christians terrorist, they still exist, and there a rhetoric from a larger part of the Christian population that agrees with their ideology, if not their methods.
    I would also say our problem with Christian fundamentalists is more like Iran, than Europe, where a more liberal population allows a radical religious fundamentalist minority to control their country.
    Totally agree, that is exactly my point.

And I am not saying this is because they are “muslim”. It is because, unfortunately, these communities in many parts of europe live in poverty and segregation, making them targets for islamic radicalization.

For example this guy traveled here to the UK this week:

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/2...n-return-to-uk

No, I'm just skeptical of someone doing the old 'PEOPLE ARE JUST AFRAID TO GET CALLED RACIST' song and dance in the press.
    Well, but you see that on a daily basis here in the UK. Grooming gang scandals like Rochdale and others were kept under wraps for years and years while kids were being raped and trafficked.

Almost all of the links I’ve posted are from reputable news outlets. I say “almost all” because I did put one from the Daily Mail, which is a bit or a right wing sensationalist newspaper (but I can find the same news on a good website, I was just lazy and posted the first one that came up)
    Saying the Daily Maiul is a 'bit right wing sensationalist' is a deep understatement.

Well, but you see that on a daily basis here in the UK. Grooming gang scandals like Rochdale and others were kept under wraps for years and years while kids were being raped and trafficked.
    Where's my Picard facepalm gif.

Saying the Daily Maiul is a 'bit right wing sensationalist' is a deep understatement.
    I just edited my post to remove “a bit”, you’re 100% right
    Last edited by hyped78; 08-13-2022 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I wonder when the driver decides to start steering the herd towards DeSantis and Abbott ?
    I don't think there's any driver who has that ability.

Maybe Trump.

Oh, and this also happened during Trump's very bad, not good, absolutely fucking horrible week:

New York judge rules criminal case against the Trump Organization and former CFO Allen Weisselberg can proceed

That is the one where Popehate said it would not go anywhere, right?
    Nope.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...rg#post5620799

Their conclusion is that Weisselberg is likely in a lot of trouble given the shamelessness of the tax fraud (two sets of books to undercut an argument about gifts not being compensation) but that Trump's unlikely to be prosecuted.

If you are seriously entertaining the notion that no charges will come from this, I hate to be the one to tell you, you already fell for the spin.
    So you think that it's so obvious that there will be felony charges against a former President that we shouldn't consider the possibility it won't happen.

What time will this happen by?

As for human trafficking, while it is terrible(especially so when it involves children), I think you'll find that Muslims hardly have the market cornered there...and are probably actually in the minority when it comes to races perpetrating those kinds of crimes.

Your articles read like fear mongering to me.
    Muslims are a small percentage of the population, so the question is whether they commit a majority of any types of crimes, but whether they commit a disproportionate amount.

I don't condone any of the killings over cartoons of Mohamed, but the general unrest you're talking about is largely because they are minority populations that are being treat poorly by the governments they reside under. What we're seeing in Europe isn't like the way Christian Nationalists are operating in the US but rather something akin to the race riots the US went through in the 60's and more recently in the wake of the string of high profile police brutality cases against minority populations.

While I generally abhor violence, sometimes sadly it is the only thing that gets the people in power to listen and actually change things for the better.
    Violence is bad and should be discouraged.

There are other things poor people can do to improve their station.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Where's my Picard facepalm gif.
    You don’t have to believe me, believe Sky News:
    https://news.sky.com/story/1-000-chi...finds-12650725

“1,000 children groomed but unease about race meant Telford sexual exploitation ignored, inquiry finds”

Full report here:
    https://www.iitcse.com/

And, of course, I know you are an LGBTQ+ rights champion (and you are right to be!)… We see stuff like this every month here in the UK:
    https://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2...phobic-sermons
    Which points to:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...endent-schools
    Last edited by hyped78; 08-13-2022 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

Muslims are a small percentage of the population, so the question is whether they commit a majority of any types of crimes, but whether they commit a disproportionate amount.
    Exactly

And I didn’t even mention anti-semitic attacks:
    https://metro.co.uk/2021/05/16/convo...ters-14590888/

“Convoy drives through London shouting ‘f**k the Jews, rape their daughters’”

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-59495842

Spitting + Nazi salutes

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Presidents are not kings, Mets. Why would you think he is above the law?