Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    She is not mature enough to have an abortion. But she is mature enough to raise a new born child?

How does this work?
    No, since she's a "parentless 16 year old" this means she's in the foster care system -- thus, without a stable home or the ability to reliably provide safety and care for a newborn -- so, she will likely lose any parental rights pretty quick, even if she doesn't want to give the kid up.

There's an outside chance she could fight it and maintain stability until she's 18. If she has decent supports (case workers, a decent foster family), she might still not have had her parental rights terminated by the time she's 18, and able to legitimately argue that she can, as an independent adult, be responsible for a child. Of course, she'd likely be competing with a foster/adoptive family that has more resources, and will have had primary custody of the child up to that point.

That is if the baby appears healthy and without major disabilities from the start. Newborns/infants normally get adopted pretty quick, but those requiring extra care less so. Long and short, there's a decent chance this "parentless 16 year old's" child ends up lost in the same system that failed her.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

NBA has announced they will not schedule any games for election day and will encourage people to use that day to go out and vote.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    This is an interesting poll.

Rubio is doing much worse than DeSantis. Manchin and Sinema might lose their power.
    They hold thier power simply because every single vote is needed. That power will be cut with a single additional Democratic senator - first person to cave gets the pork, the other gets nothing. 2 more and Schumer might not even need to do that.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It would decrease his chances of becoming President again. Isn't that important?
    You know what would decrease his chances even more? Of he was convicted and imprisoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Elizabeth Warren and the ‘Electability Question

Elizabeth Warren is still blaming Bernie Sanders for denying Hillary Clinton her victory in 2016 elections.
    In more breaking news, Bernie Sanders will never be President.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    While I would definitely prefer him to be prosecuted and convicted in a court of law...it would be funny if he flew the coup. I mean, can you imagine how long it would be before he wore his welcome in say Russia, China or Saudi Arabia and they were begging for us to extradite him back?
    Saudi Arabia probably wouldn't tolerate him for long, if at all. But China, or Russia? They'd gladly put up with him, and give him the loudest microphone they could find so that he could continue to sprout all of his BS and rile up the base back at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    That's legit funny.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

In more breaking news, Bernie Sanders will never be President.

y.
    Yes, the Democratic Party establishment unfairly denied him a chance not once but twice.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Even if they saw him as a criminal they wouldnt care. People thought Trump was joking when he made that comment about shooting someone on 5th Avenue and people still voting for him.

He could come out and say "yep I did want the people on the 6th to kill Pence. I did talk like I did so they would go there. I know there is no fraud. And I did take top secret documents and I showed them to everyone."

And they would either say it is a deep fake video or they would find reasons to excuse it or they just wouldnt give a crap. There is nothing, NOTHING Trump can do or say thay will make his cult of the GOP move off of him.

It is clear by now that is the case.

As to the last part. The state and GOP will blame the 16 year old for getting pregnant to begin with. So of course she has to have the baby. Then they will call her a free loader and bum when she tries to get government help to take care of the baby.
    For most of them, yes. But every now and then, you hear about some Republican who comes out and says they supported Trump in 2016 and/or 2020, but can no longer do so. It just might have to be one person at a time having the scales lifted from their eyes.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    For most of them, yes. But every now and then, you hear about some Republican who comes out and says they supported Trump in 2016 and/or 2020, but can no longer do so. It just might have to be one person at a time having the scales lifted from their eyes.
    I am one of those people. So it is possible. But on a large enough scale? I guess that this point after the big lie, courting the support of white hate groups, the 6th, the stealing of classified documents, the encouraging violence on the FBI.

If all of this did not do it what would at this point?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Yes, the Democratic Party establishment unfairly denied him a chance not once but twice.
    The party wasn't about to bite the corporate hand that fed them by raising up a "commie".

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    The party wasn't about to bite the corporate hand that fed them by raising up a "commie".
    While there is a little bit of truth to that in 2016, in 2020 it was a conspiracy of an elite cabal known as "rank and file voters" (also known as regular people) who did Bernie in - specifically black voters who Bernie always had trouble connecting with.
    Dark does not mean deep.

If it remember Bernie was on the ballot for the Primaries in all 50 States in both 2016 and 2020. So how did these Dem puppet masters stop people from voting for him?
    That many Democratic officials did not back him shouldn't have stopped him from getting votes from registered Democrats.

What am I missing.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just found out about this. We’re talking beyond monstrous, and it’s only the tip of the iceberg after the repeal of Roe v. Wade:

Louisiana woman forced to carry fetus missing skull to term or travel to Florida for abortion
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    If it remember Bernie was on the ballot for the Primaries in all 50 States in both 2016 and 2020. So how did these Dem puppet masters stop people from voting for him?
    That many Democratic officials did not back him shouldn't have stopped him from getting votes from registered Democrats.

What am I missing.
    In 2016 there were some shenanigans pulled, at least here in Nevada. One well known union was backing Sanders, and in an attempt to steal caucus votes, many Clinton reps at the caucus changed last minute into shirts that were nearly identical to the union logo (you line up behind candidate leaders in order to be counted for a specific candidate), and they changed rules last minute, backdating some of them to stymie the Sanders campaign. John Oliver even picked up on some of this on Last Week Tonight.

In 2020 it was more rank and file voters decided they didn't want to go through that again and started to line up behind Biden more and more. Especially black voters who remembered Biden not only being part of the Obama administration, but not distancing himself when it became in vogue to do so.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post

What am I missing.
    Why talk about Bernie? That's news as old as he is. Sanders could have run in 2004 and stood a better chance than he did 12 years later. Not that I ever thought he'd win regardless.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Liz Cheney lost the Republican primary. The GOP is absolutely the Party of Trump. Any claiming otherwise are ignoring reality itself.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Liz Cheney lost the Republican primary. The GOP is absolutely the Party of Trump. Any claiming otherwise are ignoring reality itself.
    Exactly.

From the outside looking in, it's extremely bizarre and very, very dangerous.

Seriously, all sorts of grifters, conmen, liars, and brazenly corrupt individuals are getting votes from GOP supporters. These guys are literally anti-democratic and yet they are still winning primaries. Everyone in their right minds knows Trump lost the election badly, so why keep up the ruse? What sort of thinking is that? What happens if these guys refuse to certify elections?

In less-developed countries, dictators and despots tend to "rig" elections to hold power, and the people rarely if ever willingly vote for them in free elections (especially when knowledge of their corruption and misdeeds becomes widespread). GOP supporters are literally doing the opposite and giving power to people that are literally rejecting democracy.

It's scary days for the US and I really worry for the future of the country because of the way a lot of "conservatives" think.
    Last edited by Username taken; 08-16-2022 at 08:37 PM.