Page 212 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 1121622022082092102112122132142152162222623127121212 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    She has deeper ties, too, like failing to prosecute one of the 4 previously.

She is done/
    Although from what I have read she was already out as a prosecutor the last time Chauvin's name came up, even if only by a matter of days. The average person likely won't look that deeply, and the more informed will go deeper than that and find other problems anyways.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I'd call that a win. **** the stupid BPTERT.
    Seriously, who fucking gives an old man a concussion and leaves him laying there bleeding.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    if burned out stores means I dont have to read another story about a Trayvon Martin or Tamir Rice

I consider that a small price to pay
    The point is that burned out stores rob legitimacy from the actual movement and lessen the potential for real, needed, change to occur.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Seriously, who fucking gives an old man a concussion and leaves him laying there bleeding.
    Same kinda people who would choke a man to death in the street for almost nine minutes, I reckon.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Same kinda people who would choke a man to death in the street for almost nine minutes, I reckon.
    Birds of a feather...

Astonishing Member

Fox always reliable on the importance of a pivotal racial moment in history.

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1269050348653731840

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The Senate is arguably just as important as the White House. With all due respect to her as a candidate they would be insane to lose her.
    These days I wouldn't trade a senator for their weight in gold, let alone a VP spot.

The point is that burned out stores rob legitimacy from the actual movement and lessen the potential for real, needed, change to occur.
    It worked in the 1770s.

And here we are at a similar cross road.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Fox always reliable on the importance of a pivotal racial moment in history.

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1269050348653731840
    People might want to see the pic on the forum.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    People might want to see the pic on the forum.
    These people are freaking ghouls. Just soulless and with zero shreds of empathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    That’s the part gets me.

None of them could even help that poor old man.

I’m not sure what kind of training some of these cops for, quite clearly a lot of them have sociopathic tendencies.
    One of the many aspects of police reform needed is a complete overhaul of the psychological exam portion of the process. I personally grew up with a guy who was one of the most openly racist and needlessly aggressive people I’ve ever met. Guess what? He became a cop.

The entire "Well, this is the bad prosecutor..." angle is just a tub full of water waiting for some dummy to plug his/her blow dryer in and take a dip.

We are all living in country where you do not actually have to let a prosecutor get elected to any other office. Accept them for the necessary evil that they are, and move on. Even if you insist on smacking your head against a wall, prosecutors should never be holding an office higher than the "State..." level(even if that means Lori Lightfoot winds up out of the running...)

Astonishing Member

They don't come off as good cops if they have no issues with pushing senior citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Another one is to severely roll back civil asset forfeiture. The Libertarian Party isn't opposed to the underlying premise, but wants it limited to those who are actually convicted of a crime.

Libertarians have long been distrustful of the police - they are distrustful of all government, not just those guys at the DMV. They are also worried about those government agents who are armed, authorized to take lives and freedom away, and somehow get to answer to themselves when things go wrong.

One thing to remember with the word libertarian is that it has been co-opted by corporate-rule Republicans. That group is as libertarian as Trump is christian - it may fool some people who WANT to be fooled, but that doesn't make it true.
    Along with even remotely sane improvements to just marijuana policy, that would be a step in the right direction.

The problem is that pigs will be flying before either one of the big two get serious about moving either one of those things in the right direction at the "National..." level.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Yeah, but it's members of the black and brown communities who will suffer those consequences for a generation as opposed to the 4 or 5 cops who might lose their jobs/go to jail. Then you have wanna-be anarchists and right wing crazies deliberately trying to provoke war, it doesn't help the cause.

And I know that the majority of BLM protesters don't condone rioting/looting ( I've even seen some young people stopping the looting), but it only takes a few bad actors to wreck a neighborhood.
    One other thing...

It also doesn't really look at the reality of some of the really screwed over neighborhoods that people who are already in a tough spot are living in.

Take any more than a cursory look at the spot that Chicago looting/rioting put folks who live in certain south side neighborhoods in.