Page 209 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 1091591992052062072082092102112122132192593097091209 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 75153
    Intermediary

this Lindsey Graham "Lady G" thing is picking up steam

if this is real........well, its gonna be a rough summer for Senator Graham

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post

Wasnt it already suspected that he was heavily in the closet ?

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Wasnt it already suspected that he was heavily in the closet ?
    yeah, but its never had any teeth

this seems to be digging in a bit

Ultimate Member

A huge chunk of Buffalo police resign in protest. This is to support the cop that pushed down the elderly man.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...x7vXk8&ampcf=1

If this sticks then good. We dont need cops that are openly supporting brutality.

Saw it on Twitter, but no confirmation in the news or elsewhere.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I had cartoons of the week lined up ... but I this is the only one needed.

I couldn't see it in your post, so I took your url and found a version that is more visible

State Dept. using email software the NSA says is being exploited by Russian hackers, report says

WASHINGTON — The State Department, local governments and at least 50 candidates running for election in 2020 are using email software that the National Security Agency says is being exploited by Russian government hackers, according to a new report by a cybersecurity firm.

Area1, a Silicon Valley security firm, says in its report that candidates and government agencies using the software are leaving themselves vulnerable to the same Russian operatives who hacked the Democrats to interfere in the 2016 presidential campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    A huge chunk of Buffalo police resign in protest. This is to support the cop that pushed down the elderly man.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...TJXx7vXk8&cf=1

If this sticks then good. We dont need cops that are openly supporting brutality.
    They're only resigning from the special squad. But yeah... if that many openy support that sort of thing, then they probably aren't needed on the front lines of this anytime soon.

Sucks that the police force is losing that many people as I'm sure they're needed. But I'm sure the NYPD don't need any more incidents like that taking place, so it's probably for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Why exactly are we having this conversation at all is my question?

I feel that looting is the most pressing matter and you don't... so what? Do we actually have to agree on the matter? If there any particular reason anyone should even care? If there's an obligation to offer exactly the same amount of debate on both sides of the issue, it's not like I'm literally the only one not doing that. The difference is I don't have an issue with it.

It should be enough to say we all disagree with the looters and the police brutality regardless of which issue we feel is immediately more pressing, but if thats not the case then I'm not sure why it's justified discussing the matter for half a dozen pages. The topic of discussion shouldn't be about you or me for that matter, so I'm not why we're still talking about it.
    I'll chime in here - much of it is based on the fact that we see conservative talking heads (or in some cases family members and/or coworkers) using talk of looters and David Dorn's death not so much to add to the conversation, but to stifle it under a wave of whataboutism. If answered, new whatabouts will be found, as many as need be to prevent the question of systemic police brutality from being discussed. People who have seen that tactic used too many times aren't willing to entertain it anymore, or even anything that looks like it.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Intermediary

if burned out stores means I dont have to read another story about a Trayvon Martin or Tamir Rice

I consider that a small price to pay

Ultimate Member

if burned out stores means I dont have to read another story about a Trayvon Martin or Tamir Rice

I consider that a small price to pay
    Some people celebrate those stories -- not hard at all to find those in America who see those murders as a good thing.

I mean that literally as you can probably go to any semi or non-moderated site and find them.

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Some people celebrate those stories -- not hard at all to find those in America who see those murders as a good thing.

I mean that literally as you can probably go to any semi or non-moderated site and find them.
    George Zimmerman still breathing offends me

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    There is yes, but loss of life is a far greater tragedy than loss of a business.

And frankly, we wouldn't even be in this position if police simply did their job fairly.

But they haven't and have not for years now. No one condones looting, but it's far easier to be sympathetic to the people lashing out due to institutional abuse that's dragged on for God knows how long now.
    I see what you're saying, but there's more nuance to the situation than some folks are giving it. The looting doesn't hurt the cops or affect systemic racism, but depending on where it's done it does hurt minority communities. Target or whoever as a corporation will be fine. But if you're an old person in an underserved neighborhood and that Target was your main source of goods, you're now at a great disadvantage. If your the minority owner of a barber shop that got ransacked, sure you didn't get killed but your life is probably ruined. Fewer businesses are willing to open in that area and this results in money and resources leaving the community.

Ultimate Member

George Zimmerman still breathing offends me
    "They always get away."

If it weren't for video cameras, the same could be said for the people who killed Arbery and Floyd.

Videos are the factual evidence that they can't deny -- even though many still try to do so because it serves their agenda.

Speaking of which, let's see if they put any of them away as efficiently as they did the black, Muslim cop who shot the Australian woman.

Last edited by aja_christopher; 06-05-2020 at 02:53 PM.