Page 780 of 1215 FirstFirst ... 280680730770776777778779780781782783784790830880 ... LastLast
Results 11,686 to 11,700 of 18222
  1. #11686
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    22,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I don’t know. I can definitely see Trump and Fox News turning this whole thing into a huge positive. He will have overcome COVID, the virus that he said was no worse than the flu. Trump coming out of this unscathed will reinforce their narrative. Total validation. Plus now he’ll think he has “herd mentality” and will claim that he is stronger than ever.

    We all know that he’s going to steal the election. This whole episode could potentially make his cult care even less about social distancing and medical recommendations during his next term.
    Perhaps, but, there's still no whitewashing the fact Trump intentionally slow walked the government's response to the virus, leading to thousands of deaths that didn't have to happen. If I'm Biden, I go back to running the ads with the tape of Trump talking to Bob Woodward about his downplaying the virus right after Drano Don is released from the hospital, and run it CONSTANTLY. The American people need to be reminded how Trump's inaction killed scores of people, put millions out of work and wrecked the economy.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  2. #11687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I don’t know. I can definitely see Trump and Fox News turning this whole thing into a huge positive. He will have overcome COVID, the virus that he said was no worse than the flu. Trump coming out of this unscathed will reinforce their narrative. Total validation. Plus now he’ll think he has “herd mentality” and will claim that he is stronger than ever.

    We all know that he’s going to steal the election. This whole episode could potentially make his cult care even less about social distancing and medical recommendations during his next term.
    We can control the narrative. Because that clearly isn't what this is. Trump has been a f***ing moron and has downplayed the seriousness of the virus for months. He hosted rallies that literally killed his own followers, and scoffed at the idea that it was dangerous because HE felt safe. Then, he had an unnecessary self-own by hosting a super-spreader event at the White House without masks and no social distancing with his entire administration and key members of the Senate present where they were ghoulishly celebrating that they picked a nominee to undo the legacy of Justice Ginsberg. They took no precautions, in a moment of supreme arrogance, and paid for it. Hell, even AFTER they were infected, and KNEW they were infected, he still went out to a fundraiser and risked getting more people sick.

    Those are the facts. Don't let the white power primetime block at Fox News rewrite this as some heroic defeat for a disease. "TRUMP SURVIVES, WHAT A WIN!" isn't what you let them have. Even if he lives, and they try that, it's just the latest example of Trump being a f***ing moron and then trying to take credit for a problem his own stupid ass caused in the first place.

    Also, you can't declare victory over a virus because the guy who failed to stop it and lost complete control doesn't die. Because 210,000 others haven't been that f***ing lucky to get rushed to Walter Reed for the best care in the world.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  3. #11688
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Do we??

    Personally, I’d be very happy to put down an heavy bet on Joe B to win next election IF any reputable bookie would offer me evens...defining winning as Joe actually becoming President.

    The Donald staging an armed coup? Stealing it by a massive successful voter fraud?

    Honestly I don’t see the Donald having enough nous or support to do either.
    Going by people I personally know who had bad cases of Covid-19 and got "better", there is also an even chance he will be battling fatigue well into 2021 and won't have the energy to rally his troops, nor have the aura to inspire them.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  4. #11689
    Astonishing Member JackDaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Going by people I personally know who had bad cases of Covid-19 and got "better", there is also an even chance he will be battling fatigue well into 2021 and won't have the energy to rally his troops, nor have the aura to inspire them.
    Tagged “long Covid” in UK, where many people think our own Prime Minister is showing symptoms. Let’s put it diplomatically...since he had the virus, he has seemed less ebullient than usual.

  5. #11690
    Astonishing Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It's a trip knowing there was a relative of one of our earliest Presidents still living (until now) who may have actually known and talked to his Grandfather about the job. Makes you wonder what stories he heard. RIP.
    He never met his grandfather, his father just had children very, very late in life. To be alive today and known President Tyler you'd have to be over 150 years old.

  6. #11691
    Astonishing Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    2,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I don’t know. I can definitely see Trump and Fox News turning this whole thing into a huge positive. He will have overcome COVID, the virus that he said was no worse than the flu. Trump coming out of this unscathed will reinforce their narrative. Total validation. Plus now he’ll think he has “herd mentality” and will claim that he is stronger than ever.

    We all know that he’s going to steal the election. This whole episode could potentially make his cult care even less about social distancing and medical recommendations during his next term.

    They already are. Going on about how healthy and strong Trump is because he is doing so well after getting covid. Already saying this is proof the Dems are making a huge deal about covid for no reason. A few hinting Biden gave Trump the virus. The fact that Trump went to Walter Reed proves he takes covid seriously and cares about the people in the WH and does not want to exposé them. Rudy this morning on Fox News saying the news of Trump having covid reminded him of how he felt on 9-11. Its a disgrace SNL would make fun of Trump when he is going through illness. How dare people care more about Cam having covid but not Trump. Hannity saying Trump never called covid a hoax and it is shameful of The Dems to make a political issue out of a man having a deadly disease (While at the same time saying covid is not a big deal by the way)

    And it goes on and on.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  7. #11692

    Default

    I repeat. It is long overdue that Fox News lose the narrative. They literally had their own lawyers argue in court that no one should take their programming seriously within the past fortnight.

    The story is: "Trump didn't take proper precautions and got his own dumbass sick. The end."
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  8. #11693
    Astonishing Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    2,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I repeat. It is long overdue that Fox News lose the narrative. They literally had their own lawyers argue in court that no one should take their programming seriously within the past fortnight.

    The story is: "Trump didn't take proper precautions and got his own dumbass sick. The end."
    I agree Fox news should never be taken seriously. I watch all kinds of news networks to get everyone's view. I watch Fox because i want to see how they spin things.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  9. #11694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I agree Fox news should never be taken seriously. I watch all kinds of news networks to get everyone's view. I watch Fox because i want to see how they spin things.
    They have become just about one step shy of North Korean state television. They don't quite claim things like Trump performing miraculous athletic feats or anything, but the way they talk about his health... it's channeling the propaganda of the Kim regime.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  10. #11695
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    They already are. Going on about how healthy and strong Trump is because he is doing so well after getting covid. Already saying this is proof the Dems are making a huge deal about covid for no reason. A few hinting Biden gave Trump the virus. The fact that Trump went to Walter Reed proves he takes covid seriously and cares about the people in the WH and does not want to exposé them. Rudy this morning on Fox News saying the news of Trump having covid reminded him of how he felt on 9-11. Its a disgrace SNL would make fun of Trump when he is going through illness. How dare people care more about Cam having covid but not Trump. Hannity saying Trump never called covid a hoax and it is shameful of The Dems to make a political issue out of a man having a deadly disease (While at the same time saying covid is not a big deal by the way)

    And it goes on and on.
    Yeah, if Trump survives this (Damaged long term or not) his supporters are going to be doing this again and again. Putting him up on a golden pedestal.

    If, for some reason, Trump doesn't survive, they will blame the liberals, blame the Democrats, and it could devolve from there.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  11. #11696
    Astonishing Member Kusanagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,940

    Default

    Regarding can Trump spin this in his favor...

    From the Guardian Live feed, 67% of Americans blame Trump for getting himself sick, including 50% of Republicans, if these numbers hold there won't be any rally around the President moment.

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...latest-updates
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

    Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

  12. #11697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I repeat. It is long overdue that Fox News lose the narrative. They literally had their own lawyers argue in court that no one should take their programming seriously within the past fortnight.

    The story is: "Trump didn't take proper precautions and got his own dumbass sick. The end."
    True. If it was just "Overweight elderly man engages in risky behavior, contracts Coronavirus" it would not be news. Just common sense. He just happens to also be the President who oversaw the worst response to the pandemic out of any major nation on the planet.

  13. #11698
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,031

    Default

    Who cares how Fox spins this. Fox is the News for Trump's 43%. He will get their votes no matter what. The election hinges on the 8% of undecideds. I don't see Trump getting sick because of his own denial being a positive with them.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  14. #11699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Regarding can Trump spin this in his favor...

    From the Guardian Live feed, 67% of Americans blame Trump for getting himself sick, including 50% of Republicans, if these numbers hold there won't be any rally around the President moment.

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...latest-updates
    It's a matter of Trump being a "Florida Man". He moved there, after all. Now he's the goober who nobody feels bad for when he makes headlines for shooting himself in the d*** while playing with his gun. The guy who gets ate by a gator after cannonballing into a river past a "Warning, gators" sign. It's not even that he ignored warnings... he actively told other people lies about the warnings he was ignoring.

    Covid-19 is a horrible disease, but he did everything he could to keep unnecessarily exposing himself to the public without a care for even the simplest precautions. His staff literally went around to people at the Coney Barrett nomination shindig and told people to "take your masks off and mingle". Just... a guy who has spent four years trying to declare himself invulnerable against prosecution, immune to criticism, impervious to factual evidence, and assurances that he physically and medically was a superhuman figure... and within a ten day window, it all came crashing down.

    Fox News might still try to declare the Emperor has great new clothes, but everyone can see he's been laid bare and laid low. Their echo chamber is smaller than it's ever been. The election was already slipping away, and now there 's no hope of convincingly stealing it without anyone noticing.

    At this point, Trump might recover only in time to try and get some white nationalists to do violence in his name. Might. If he faced a long recovery, like some of the folks I've seen who fight this thing for 8 weeks rather than 2...

    It's just slipping away now. The whole timeline doesn't line up for any real attempt at a power grab. Anyone who tried it could just be doing so in order to face jail time in the attempt.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  15. #11700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Who cares how Fox spins this. Fox is the News for Trump's 43%. He will get their votes no matter what. The election hinges on the 8% of undecideds. I don't see Trump getting sick because of his own denial being a positive with them.
    I don't even think it will be 43% after the votes are counted. I'm thinking he struggles to even get 41%.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •