Page 849 of 1236 FirstFirst ... 349749799839845846847848849850851852853859899949 ... LastLast
Results 12,721 to 12,735 of 18530
  1. #12721
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    With the second presidential debate cancelled, ABC put together a town hall with Joe Biden to air at 8 pm tomorrow. Now, Iíve heard that NBC, out of the clear blue, somehow arranged to do a similar event with Trump....at the same time on the same night. If that isnít bogus to the nines, I donít know what qualifies.
    Bogus?

    Man...

    You don't get to start making changes to the rules, and then start pitching a fit when folks make changes to whatever you believed these new "Rules..." were going to be.

    Might as well be crying because somebody threw a low blow in an alley fight.

  2. #12722
    Astonishing Member Kusanagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Bogus?

    Man...

    You don't get to start making changes to the rules, and then start pitching a fit when folks make changes to whatever you believed these new "Rules..." were going to be.

    Might as well be crying because somebody threw a low blow in an alley fight.
    Analogy doesn't really work here, the only reason we're not getting a debate is because Trump caught covid and instead of being a decent human being and either getting tested by a neutral observer or just conducting a debate virtually he decides to say fuck both of those.

    So for your analogy to be right. Yes you can ask for changes to the rule, then pitch a fit to these new changes, because that's exactly what Trump did.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

    Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

  3. #12723
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,785

    Default

    Man...

    Pelosi needs to realize that however good intentions are, "It Will Be Retroactive!..." isn't going to keep anyone from losing a house or getting evicted in the here and now.

    Is is bull that a bunch of garbage will come along with getting some help for Joe/Jane Six Pack?

    Sure.

    That said, you had better have a better explanation for that you are seemingly willing to let folks get their faces pushed into the grindstone over it.

    If you are asking folks to do that, have something better than "You Have To Deal With The Virus!..."

  4. #12724
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Analogy doesn't really work here, the only reason we're not getting a debate is because Trump caught covid and instead of being a decent human being and either getting tested by a neutral observer or just conducting a debate virtually he decides to say fuck both of those.

    So for your analogy to be right. Yes you can ask for changes to the rule, then pitch a fit to these new changes, because that's exactly what Trump did.
    Folks putting on the debate made changes to it.

    Which is completely their call and a sensible one.

    That said, those changes scuttled a debate.

    Now, folks seem like they are grumbling because Trump snagged a town hall of his own after Biden got one.

    You start changing the rules, and you don't get to control what spins out of those changes.

  5. #12725
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Bogus?

    Man...

    You don't get to start making changes to the rules, and then start pitching a fit when folks make changes to whatever you believed these new "Rules..." were going to be.

    Might as well be crying because somebody threw a low blow in an alley fight.
    Still carrying water for Trump I see.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  6. #12726
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Folks putting on the debate made changes to it.

    Which is completely their call and a sensible one.

    That said, those changes scuttled a debate.

    Now, folks seem like they are grumbling because Trump snagged a town hall of his own after Biden got one.

    You start changing the rules, and you don't get to control what spins out of those changes.
    It's more about NBC giving him a forum after he killed the debate, and putting it on opposite Biden instead of another night. How does that serve Democracy? Or do they just want to help him like they did the last time.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  7. #12727
    Astonishing Member Kusanagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Folks putting on the debate made changes to it.

    Which is completely their call and a sensible one.

    That said, those changes scuttled a debate.

    Now, folks seem like they are grumbling because Trump snagged a town hall of his own after Biden got one.

    You start changing the rules, and you don't get to control what spins out of those changes.
    Personally, for once, my beef isn't with Biden or Trump, it's specifically with NBC. Did Trump's Town hall really need to happen at the same time on the same day? It's a pure ratings grab. An hour later, a day later, a week later and I wouldn't have a word against it.

    Still, in their defense, in a world with DVR it's rather easy to watch both in their entirety.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

    Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

  8. #12728
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Still carrying water for Trump I see.
    This ain't a game of flag football.

    If you ain't ready for something this "Basics 101..."?

    You are potentially paving a path to your own defeat.

    Never mind that I probably voted "Biden/Harris" before anyone here.

    But, yeah. I'm sure that there is a scenario where that actually amounts to a diabolical plan to reelect Trump.

  9. #12729
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Personally, for once, my beef isn't with Biden or Trump, it's specifically with NBC. Did Trump's Town hall really need to happen at the same time on the same day? It's a pure ratings grab. An hour later, a day later, a week later and I wouldn't have a word against it.

    Still, in their defense, in a world with DVR it's rather easy to watch both in their entirety.
    Politely...

    Exactly what business do you think that NBC is in?

    All of the trying to toss Pelosi a lifeline in the world isn't going to change the business that they are actually in and what an outfit in that business will logically do.

  10. #12730
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It's more about NBC giving him a forum after he killed the debate, and putting it on opposite Biden instead of another night. How does that serve Democracy? Or do they just want to help him like they did the last time.
    Again, this ain't Nerf dodge ball.

    Biden doesn't deserve to get the entire race handed to him on a silver platter, and a private business shouldn't be in the "Serving Democracy..." business.

    Quit crying about that the dart game at the county fair has a house advantage, and get on to the task of trying to win the race you are actually in.

  11. #12731
    Astonishing Member Kusanagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Politely...

    Exactly what business do you think that NBC is in?

    All of the trying to toss Pelosi a lifeline in the world isn't going to change the business that they are actually in and what an outfit in that business will logically do.
    Politely, wouldn't it make more sense to get the full ratings of Trump town hall with no obvious competition rather than having it cannibalized by running it against a Biden town hall?

    I'm not sure of the Pelosi line is directed at me as I haven't mentioned her or her stance once.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

    Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

  12. #12732
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Politely, wouldn't it make more sense to get the full ratings of Trump town hall with no obvious competition rather than having it cannibalized by running it against a Biden town hall?

    I'm not sure of the Pelosi line is directed at me as I haven't mentioned her or her stance once.
    What is in blue?

    Uh... No. Did you just miss where it is the talk of this very thread?

    What is in green?

    The network in question. While they are going to put on a dog and pony show about having Pelosi's back, you can bet both ears that making a buck will still be more important to them than actually potentially serving the public's actual interests.

  13. #12733
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Again, this ain't Nerf dodge ball.

    Biden doesn't deserve to get the entire race handed to him on a silver platter, and a private business shouldn't be in the "Serving Democracy..." business.

    Quit crying about that the dart game at the county fair has a house advantage, and get on to the task of trying to win the race you are actually in.
    Sorry but journalism and reporters are suppose to serve Democracy. In fact their broadcast license depends on public service.
    The media was one of the main culprits for getting this asset elected last time because they didn't do their damn job.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  14. #12734
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Sorry but journalism and reporters are suppose to serve Democracy. In fact their broadcast license depends on public service. The media was one of the main culprits for getting this asset elected last time because they didn't do their damn job.
    Now, you are just going to get me laughing.

    Let me guess...

    Hard work and thrifty living should also get the little guy ahead?

  15. #12735
    Astonishing Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    2,731

    Default

    Like I said The two debates being on at the same time isnt a big deal. they target two different people. Dems are not going to watch the Trump Town Hall and Trumpers are not going to watch Biden. So Trump having his Town Hall on at the same time is not hurting anyone. Its simple. If you are a Biden Supporter why does it matter what time Trump has his town hall on because there is a good chance you arnt going to watch it any way.

    Trump is going to go on about how much better his town hall was no matter what time it was on. Moving it to a later time or date will not change that. it is what he does. Biden Suporters are going to get mad at it and Trumpers are going to agree no matter what happens.

    So in the end it changes nothing and does not matter.

    And how does it serve Democracy to deny a presidential candidate of a major party air time because we do not like his message or because it is on at the same time as a candidate we like?
    Last edited by babyblob; 10-14-2020 at 08:00 PM.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •