Page 942 of 1215 FirstFirst ... 4428428929329389399409419429439449459469529921042 ... LastLast
Results 14,116 to 14,130 of 18222
  1. #14116
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Isn't that the guy who threw a gigantic hissy fit at AOC for not crediting him for coming up the Green New Deal originally? Like, he created it years ago........... but did nothing to get it mainstream and now it is, but he can't stand it.

    https://twitter.com/HowieHawkins/sta...68404746874880

    AOC has repeatedly refused to call for an immediate ban on fracking or a halt to new fossil fuels. She took my #GreenNewDeal, added 20 years to the timeline and stripped out our call for public ownership of our energy system and a massive cut in the military budget to pay for it.
    No wonder this guy gets obliterated whenever he runs for office.

  2. #14117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Rick Scott, also known as the Jeopardy clue for "What is an anthromorphized snake?"
    I believe Colbert's nickname for him is "Business Voldemort".
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  3. #14118
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    Was just about to post about this. I hope no one got irreversibly sick. But maybe that's all it takes...

    https://theweek.com/speedreads/94633...er-omaha-rally
    It is what it is

  4. #14119
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Twitter Link


    If this isn't the best example of everything that is wrong with being a Trump Supporter, I don't know what is.
    30 buses? These people don't have their own transportation or were they all paid and bused to be there?

  5. #14120
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    30 buses? These people don't have their own transportation or were they all paid and bused to be there?
    Theory is, from what I read in the comments, is that they were bused in by the organizers of the Trump Rally. However, as has happened before, nether Trump or the Rally Organizer bothered to pay the Bus Company.

    I would not be surprised if Trump's rally organizers have a group of the same people who they bus in from event to event just to make the rallies look larger than they otherwise would be.
    Last edited by Tami; 10-28-2020 at 06:13 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  6. #14121
    Ultimate Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    11,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I believe Colbert's nickname for him is "Business Voldemort".
    Either that, or he communicates exclusively in a series of Acks.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

  7. #14122
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    22,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Theory is, from what I read in the comments, is that they were bused in by the organizers of the Trump Rally. However, as has happened before, nether Trump or the Rally Organizer bothered to pay the Bus Company.

    I would not be surprised if Trump's rally organizers have a group of the same people who they bus in from event to event just to make the rallies look larger than they otherwise would be.
    Trump stiffed someone? Say it ain’t so! Color me shocked! NOT!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  8. #14123
    Ultimate Member Mister Mets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Twitter Link


    If this isn't the best example of everything that is wrong with being a Trump Supporter, I don't know what is.
    If Biden flips Arizona, Wisconsin and Michigan, the electoral college is a 269-269 tie, which is determined by House delegations, which will likely go to Republicans unless Democrats can defeat Don Young in Alaska.

    If he flips Arizona, Wisconsin, Michigan and Nebraska's second congressional district (Nebraska allots electoral votes by House districts), which includes Omaha, Biden wins the electoral college 270-268.

    In addition to the recklessness and stupidity, this is very bad politics.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

  9. #14124

    Default

    As big as Biden is up in Pennsylvania, that seems like a moot scenario.

    Like the concept that the GOP intend on trying to legitimately win this.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  10. #14125
    Astonishing Member Kusanagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,940

    Default

    Current projections have this as the highest turnout since 1908 based on the early voting returns so far. Traditionally high turnout Presidential elections have not gone well for Republicans down ballot, just another thing to keep track of.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

    Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

  11. #14126
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Current projections have this as the highest turnout since 1908 based on the early voting returns so far. Traditionally high turnout Presidential elections have not gone well for Republicans down ballot, just another thing to keep track of.
    Usually, yes. But there was a pretty big turnout in 2016 and we saw what happened. In the high turnout year of 2008, 61.6% of Americans voted. 2016 was the third highest turnout for an election since 1980 with 59.2%.

  12. #14127
    Astonishing Member Kusanagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Usually, yes. But there was a pretty big turnout in 2016 and we saw what happened. In the high turnout year of 2008, 61.6% of Americans voted. 2016 was the third highest turnout for an election since 1980 with 59.2%.
    You're right, it doesn't guarantee anything given 2016 but it is interesting. For context the turnout for 1908 was 65%
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

    Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

  13. #14128
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    22,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    As big as Biden is up in Pennsylvania, that seems like a moot scenario.

    Like the concept that the GOP intend on trying to legitimately win this.
    When was the last time the GOP legitimately tried to win a presidential election?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  14. #14129
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    16,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The fact that Trump even wanted the Justice Department to represent him in a personal defamation case is crazy.

    It's even crazier that people are still screeching on about Hunter Biden's emails in the face of such brazen corruption in the White House right now.
    This is one of the most insidious element of Trump's administration that his Trump zombies don't understand. Or for that matter, McConnell and the rest of the Trump GOP sycophants allow him to get away with. He has gone even further than Nixon tried to do in getting the Justice Department to do his bidding. Trump wants the Justice Dept. to represent in cases that are from his private life prior to being elected and thereby footing the bill for his legal defense.

    I can just see when Trump gets sent packing, all these flunkies of his in government are going to come up with all sorts of excuses as to why they allowed this perversion of democratic government to endure.

  15. #14130
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    14,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    This is one of the most insidious element of Trump's administration that his Trump zombies don't understand. Or for that matter, McConnell and the rest of the Trump GOP sycophants allow him to get away with. He has gone even further than Nixon tried to do in getting the Justice Department to do his bidding. Trump wants the Justice Dept. to represent in cases that are from his private life prior to being elected and thereby footing the bill for his legal defense.

    I can just see when Trump gets sent packing, all these flunkies of his in government are going to come up with all sorts of excuses as to why they allowed this perversion of democratic government to endure.

    If he gets sent packing Harris is gonna DEMAND that Barr and others there give reasons why they did this . I fully expect HOUSE to be cleaned out FULLY in January if he wins the election. Your gonna see mass firings and resignations.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •