Miami Mayor Francis Suarez has officially entered the GOP presidential Race.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Oh, great. Another clueless dolt who’ll be lucky to gain 2 percent of the vote.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    ...isn't this another whackjob who said he'd pardon the orange landfill if he won?

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Pretty sure ya'll are misremembering that Mets bit. It was, I believe related to abortion. We all rightfully scoffed at it.

"Trans people are possibly going too far and should move more slowly," says Mets, as his party radicalizes people against their very existence. Weird how, as usual, he never once gives a thought to what constitutes 'too far' for his own party, only that the 'inevitable backlash' will be on the heads of people who just want to be allowed to exist.

Please add me to the queue for taking a number to piss on Pat Robertson's grave. I'd like to get in line for Kissinger's but there's a long list of people in Southeast Asia who've got dibs.
    The inherent dishonesty in Met’s argument is that any of the recent animosity towards trans people by the GOP is due to over-reach by the trans community. There was no overwhelming public outcry for anti-trans legislation beyond a few conservative Christian groups and wealthy individuals with connections to state governments
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 06-15-2023 at 10:41 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Oh, great. Another clueless dolt who’ll be lucky to gain 2 percent of the vote.
    But, he can collect donations and favors which is probably the main reason.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just when you thought humans can’t get any more depraved:

Penn State Professor Themis Matsoukas Charged With Having Sexual Intercourse With His Collie

"I do it to blow off steam," the professor reportedly told officials investigating his alleged bestiality. Words just fail me.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just when you thought humans can’t get any more depraved:

Penn State Professor Themis Matsoukas Charged With Having Sexual Intercourse With His Collie

"I do it to blow off steam," the professor reportedly told officials investigating his alleged bestiality. Words just fail me.
    That headline is so gross I don't even want to click the link lol. I just can't have that in my algorithm that I even looked at that.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    As an observer of significant events to history and the cosmos, I must now note that former President Trump has taken a hostile stance against the people of Krakoa.

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump...is-indictment/
    Lousy flatscan

It's almost as if climate change was going to affect only a selective part of population, instead of the whole planet. Maybe a few rich people can withstand some of the initial problems like water deficit and extreme heat, but most of the people who still scoff at the concern are going to be hit just as much as those woke teenagers.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Canada man who allegedly yelled anti-trans hate at girl banned from school sports

Kari Starr told the Guardian that her nine-year-old daughter was preparing for a shot put competition in the British Columbia city of Kelowna when a man attempted to halt the competition, alleging Starr’s daughter was either a boy or transgender.

Starr said the incident left her daughter, who is not transgender, “hysterically crying” and unable to compete in the shot put final.

Starr’s former partner Heidi described the incident to CTV News: “His wife started yelling that my ex-wife and I – parents of my daughter – and other parents of trans kids were genital mutilators and groomers, and the man himself began demanding to see a certificate proving my daughter was born a girl.”
    But wait, weren't they trying to defend the children .... ?
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Conor McGegor accused of Sexual Assault at game 4 of the NBA Finals.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    The inherent dishonesty in Met’s argument is that any of the recent animosity towards trans people by the GOP is due to over-reach by the trans community. There was no overwhelming public outcry for anti-trans legislation beyond a few conservative Christian groups and wealthy individuals with connections to state governments
    I certainly wouldn't say all of the recent animosity is due to over-reach, and I also wouldn't say that any left-wing overreach is limited to the trans community.

But it also seems unlikely that Americans would be okay with everything if Republican officials, Christian groups and rich conservatives expressed support for teaching first graders about trans kids, or allowing trans women to compete in standard girls/ womens leagues in sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Noted.

Allowing trans people to exist is also more popular than the Party Of Bigotry would have us believe, but that hasn't stopped them one bit in their mission to eradicate trans people.
    it's a bit dishonest to say that the argument is just about allowing trans people to exist, especially when suggesting that there's public support.

Some of the actual policies are unpopular. Multiple polls bear this out. I showed one from Washington Post before, but Gallup had similar numbers.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national...ender-at-birth
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/educa...politics-laws/

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Which institutions have gone "too far" when it comes to simply allowing people to exist as who they are?

And as always, we see Republicans trying to 'help' people by punishing them for needing help, as well as their condescending, paternalistic attitude of, "We know better than you and all these so-called 'experts' what's best for you," even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. But as we know, their feelings have never cared much for facts.

My understanding is that most, if not all, of these 'other issues' are helped greatly by allowing trans people to freely access gender affirming care, and by supporting them to live as who they truly are.

"some"

There are many Republican officials who are out there actively encouraging abuse of trans people with their talk of "grooming" and "wrong bathrooms". So yes, much of the abuse currently being directed at trans people is very much the fault of the hate-mongers you're determined to defend to your dying breath.

I acknowledge that you've answered the question. It would take me the better part of a day to go in depth with each point you make in the posts you linked to, and I just don't have that kind of time.

There are many things I could call you. 'Troll' isn't one of them.

Why do people still have to be persuaded to treat human beings like human beings in the 21st goddamn century?
    My comment on boors is about the types of people who would go out of their way to yell at trans strangers.

That's a separate category than people complaining about groomers (though as I've said a few times, I'm not a fan of that argument.)

Progress moves slowly. It took 99 years to get from Juneteenth to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (which didn't end racism.) It took 46 years to get from the Stonewall protests to Obergfell.

I get the discomfort in needing the votes of people who you believe to be terrible. But what's the alternative?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Does Mets ever apologize for supporting a party that he knows is actively attempting to restrict the rights of African-Americans, women, and the LGBT community?

Whether he has voiced his support aloud is irrelevant when both his opinions and his votes actively support exactly what you are claiming he "never did".

There are many Republican candidates to choose from -- if Republican voters choose to nominate and support Republican bigots, racists and homophobes who don't speak out against Nazis over those who speak out against said bigotry then there is absolutely no reason why they shouldn't be held accountable for their actions.

Their votes are actively taking away the civil rights of American citizens -- just because it isn't said aloud doesn't mean it's not already happening.
    This response is kinda gross. It shows that facts don't matter, and that you're comfortable with making ad hominems because someone holds mainstream political positions, like voting for Republicans.

There is no indication that this thread is supposed to be limited to people who support the Democratic party most of the time. But this is also a toxic way of responding. I could easily ignore everything many of you have to say, and just keep referencing comments that are unpopular, nasty or mistaken, pretending it's a proxy for everything else.

That would get tiring very quickly. Among other things there isn't anything new to say, and it could be the same response to all sorts of different comments.

If you think an argument is bad, say so.
    If you don't care what someone has to say because of their political party, or because you just don't like them, there is the ignore function.
    If you want to make it clear you don't care what someone has to say because of their political party, or because of whatever comment they've made in the past, it doesn't seem necessary to bring that up more than once a month.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    This response is kinda gross. It shows that facts don't matter, and that you're comfortable with making ad hominems because someone holds mainstream political positions, like voting for Republicans.

There is no indication that this thread is supposed to be limited to people who support the Democratic party most of the time. But this is also a toxic way of responding. I could easily ignore everything many of you have to say, and just keep referencing comments that are unpopular, nasty or mistaken, pretending it's a proxy for everything else.
    There is nothing "gross" about stating the truth about the Republican party -- civility and decorum should not be used as a mask for barbaric and uncivilized policies.

It was likewise stated that you could simply vote for a Republican that doesn't utilize bigotry to gain votes but you ignored that because it doesn't fit your agenda.

Rather than engaging in misguided personal attacks take your own counsel and just address the issues raised in the post -- factual video evidence included.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Most of us know that Republicans are doing this because they lack any truly competitive political policies -- they find it easier to just attack minorities.

And Mets repeatedly avoids discussing this because he knows it is indefensible.

-----
    "When some wrong-doers are confronted with their acts they show a pattern that can be abbreviated as DARVO -- this stands for Deny, Attack, and Reverse Victim and Offender. The person thus denies having committed the offence, attacks the accuser and reverses the roles, painting themself as the victim and their actual victim as the actual guilty party.

Two common types of denial are 'It didn't happen' and -- if it cannot be denied -- then 'It wasn't harmful'."
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 06-15-2023 at 05:17 PM.

But it also seems unlikely that Americans would be okay with everything if Republican officials, Christian groups and rich conservatives expressed support for teaching first graders about trans kids, or allowing trans women to compete in standard girls/ womens leagues in sports.

it's a bit dishonest to say that the argument is just about allowing trans people to exist, especially when suggesting that there's public support.

Some of the actual policies are unpopular. Multiple polls bear this out. I showed one from Washington Post before, but Gallup had similar numbers.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national...ender-at-birth
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/educa...politics-laws/
    Maybe if Republicans stopped deliberately lying all the time about what is actually being taught, and the conditions under which trans athletes are allowed to compete, the American people would be able to have a more informed opinion on these things?

My comment on boors is about the types of people who would go out of their way to yell at trans strangers. That's a separate category than people complaining about groomers
    Oh come on. I know you've perfected the disingenuous act, but do you really not see how the one feeds into the other?

(though as I've said a few times, I'm not a fan of that argument.)
    Again, noted.

Progress moves slowly. It took 99 years to get from Juneteenth to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (which didn't end racism.) It took 46 years to get from the Stonewall protests to Obergfell.
    Progress moves slowly because so many people insist on standing in the way of it.

I get the discomfort in needing the votes of people who you believe to be terrible. But what's the alternative?
    Stop putting people's rights up for the vote. There's a reason they're called 'rights'.