Page 142 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 42921321381391401411421431441451461521922426421142 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    White people need to learn that actions have consequences.
    So if you were a store owner you would sit back and be okay with protesters looting and burning your store down? You would have to be because they are angry and fighting for social change. Would you sit back and let it happen if they decided to go after homes instead of stores?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

It's not THEIR actions, unless the owner of the womans clothing store happens to be a corrupt police officer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If you honestly don't see a difference between kneeling at a football fame and buring down someones livelihood over a protest that likely has nothing to do with that person, then you're simply not trying hard enough to see it.

Let's approach this issue another way, because I'm just not seeing your logic here. Lets pretend we are both upset about police violence... why then do we decide to break into some random persons store and rob from them? Walk me through your thought process here, because I'm just not getting it.

Ugh, well because it’s not just “police violence,” it is state-sanctioned murder of black Americans that has been going on for hundreds of years. It’s police brutality against black Americans. It’s harassment of black Americans. It’s unfair treatment in the courts of black Americans. It’s the racist punishment for drug crimes. When is it enough?

When white people say so.

Saying every white person in America is responsible for that cops action is foolish.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ugh, well because it’s not just “police violence,” it is state-sanctioned murder of black Americans that has been going on for hundreds of years. It’s police brutality against black Americans. It’s harassment of black Americans. It’s unfair treatment in the courts of black Americans. It’s the racist punishment for drug crimes. When is it enough?

When white people say so.
    But what the heck does that have to do with the liquer store or the womans clothing store being robbed? Have those store owners been the masterminds behind brutality against black americans all this time? If so, then yeah... they got what they deserve. If not, then really that's just a bunch of violent idiots using social justice as an excuse to act like violent idiots.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    So if you were a store owner you would sit back and be okay with protesters looting and burning your store down? You would have to be because they are angry and fighting for social change. Would you sit back and let it happen if they decided to go after homes instead of stores?
    Well I’d have the intelligence to understand my privilege, that my store was built upon lands stolen by genocide, was enriched by slave labor and that black lives are infinitely more valuable than material possessions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    But what the heck does that have to do with the liquer store or the womans clothing store being robbed? Have those store owners been the masterminds behind brutality against black americans all this time? If so, then yeah... they got what they deserve. If not, then really that's just a bunch of violent idiots using social justice as an excuse to act like violent idiots.
    Let me ask you this: why aren’t millions of white people out there protesting against the murder of their countrymen?

If you are neutral in situations of oppression you have chosen the side of the oppressor.

Well I’d have the intelligence to understand my privilege, that my store was built upon lands stolen by genocide, was enriched by slave labor and that black lives are infinitely more valuable than material possessions.
    I wish I was so open minded that I could just sit back and be okay with people destroying my lively hood and taking away my ability to feed my family and pay my bills.

Let me ask you this: why aren’t millions of white people out there protesting against the murder of their countrymen?

If you are neutral in situations of oppression you have chosen the side of the oppressor.
    What are you talking about? There are all kinds of white people in these crowds. Are you not watching the news or are you just ignoring this?

Because most people don't give a dam. And I agree that's wrong.

I just happen to think looting and burning down stores if innocent people is wrong too.

This doesn't have to be an either/or situation. All of the above can be wrong.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

How exactly is destroying a GameStop going to help improve the quality of life of black people?: https://mobile.twitter.com/YuYuHyper...46335405342726

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    My point is that the employee in the first case was fired and the employee in the second case was investigated until it was found that boy slammed his head into the floor while trying to break the restraint and that's how he broke his nose. Now if we could have regulations like that regarding kids who have already been sentenced to a detention facility, shouldn't we expect police officers to have to obey similar regulations when there is still question as to the suspect's guilt?
    Yes. A question would have to be asked-how much training did the cop get and do they have to do it yearly.

I too worked at an alternative school-we had CPI training that is yearly. Some of schools and special education staff have it as well. Most do the 4 hour version and not the 8 hour one.
    It's never really used because stuff gets settled before that has to happen.

then firing any corrupt cops and retraining in the own departments would be a way to further show that they’re genuinely concerned in improving the quality of life of black lives mattering.
    It WON'T.

Because no one is willing to see all those lawsuit from those cops.

It comes down to what is cheaper those lawsuits or the city writing checks to a few families?

I value black llives over property

its not acceptable for Kaepernick to kneel

its not acceptable for Beyonce to performer her protest at the Super Bowl

its not acceptable for Obama to address systemic racism in Selma

then WHAT THE F IS ACCEPTABLE?
    When it's not US. When we are not the subject of it and it only benefits a certain demo.

Because it is bring up topics they don't want to talk about.

BANNED

What are you talking about? There are all kinds of white people in these crowds. Are you not watching the news or are you just ignoring this?
    There are 250,000,000 white Americans. Where are they?

There are 250,000,000 white Americans. Where are they?
    Plenty are probably in their homes doing the intelligent thing of shelting in place during a freaking pandemic.

BANNED

I wish I was so open minded that I could just sit back and be okay with people destroying my lively hood and taking away my ability to feed my family and pay my bills.
    Dude, you can’t even support an African-American’s protest against police brutality even though he spoke to vets to find out what was the most respectful way to do it. You will never be open-minded.