Page 163 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 631131531591601611621631641651661671732132636631163 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    When you weigh the scales with the deaths of black people who have suffered from injustice and racism for hundreds of years since they were dragged over here to work for and build this country for free. And had to fight and scrape and shout for every bit of freedom they have from then till now. Yet STILL half the country is voting for and supporting racists. Racists in the highest office in the land advocating that they continue to be abused and mistreated and roughed up by police.

They continue to see that they are treated as "less than" they don't get justice for this obvious abuse and misuse of power. Weight that, hundreds of years of injustice against you personally being upset about this virus.

Not to mention the fact that black people are suffering from the virus at higher rates than others as well. Its easy to sit in judgement without the weight of all that oppression and other people conveniently looking the other way. So they can get what? Some anti abortion judges? Some more stock dividends and handouts to major corporations? Limits on more "brown people" being able to come here in any way?
    It's not being weighted against me personaly beiing upset about the virus. It's weighed against people dying from it. It's implying that deaths from a virsus are secondary to deaths from a corrupt cop.

If people are angry and frustrated enough to say the increased deaths from the virus is an acceptable price to pay for social justice I guess I can understand that... but people should at least own it. It's not about being just being upset that people are ignoring social distancing... it's that people will die from this. That's the price. Even if it's a price worth paying, I think people should at least be real enough to accept that rather than just put the issue aside and pretend it doesn't exist.

Sadly the Looting and rioting is what a lot of people including leaders are focused on. So that did take away from the message. I fall into this category a lot. Sadly what i dont hear from leaders are What comes next? What can we do to prevent this from happening again? What changes can we make. I hear a lot of what is the problem still The cop got arrested let's move on.

Another sad thing is there are people who dont care about what happened to Floyd, the protest riots or looting. They are watching the news to be entertained by what is going on. like this is all some new cool reality show.
    Last edited by babyblob; 06-01-2020 at 07:12 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    And "your sympathy goes right out the window" is quite comforting to the hundreds of years of abuse and oppression your fellow Americans deal with daily.
    I feel sorry for Mr Floyd's Family and Friends, but that's it. Its easy for you to say when you can do that from a distance. I have to move my wife down to Philly so she can finish her fellowship. Its horrible there. Every time I walk into a gas station or try to get a quick bit to eat, I get rushed being asked for money. If I refuse, many times they get hostile. I can only imagine how more 'friendly' they'll be now

We used to put the Japanese in Camps. Today, the extreme majority of Americans won't blink twice if somebody from Japan moves next door. They worked hard, raised their kids right, didn't cause trouble, and believed in the American Dream. It wasn't easy but they did it.

Inciting Violence and blaming others all the time isn't the way to do it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I feel sorry for Mr Floyd's Family and Friends, but that's it. Its easy for you to say when you can do that from a distance. I have to move my wife down to Philly so she can finish her fellowship. Its horrible there. Every time I walk into a gas station or try to get a quick bit to eat, I get rushed being asked for money. If I refuse, many times they get hostile. I can only imagine how more 'friendly' they'll be now

We used to put the Japanese in Camps. Today, the extreme majority of Americans won't blink twice if somebody from Japan moves next door. They worked hard, raised their kids right, didn't cause trouble, and believed in the American Dream. It wasn't easy but they did it.

Inciting Violence and blaming others all the time isn't the way to do it.
    So black people, don't work hard, they don't raise their kids right, and they don't believe in the American dream?

Is that where you are planning to go with this?

Reports of Anti-Asian Assaults, Harassment and Hate Crimes Rise as Coronavirus Spreads

Peaceful Protests In NYC Undercut By Anarchist Groups, NYPD Says

Terrorism officials in New York suspect that violence at city protests over the weekend was partly the doing of anarchist groups who attended demonstrations just to stoke tension and incite violence.

NYC Deputy Commissioner for Intelligence and Counterterrorism John Miller told NBC New York that he is confident that the groups had scouts, medics and supply routes to facilitate the dispersion of rocks, bottles and accelerants for vandals.

Miller says there are many indications these groups planned for violence in advance, using encrypted communications and other means.

"Before the protests began, organizers of certain anarchist groups set out to raise bail money and people who would be responsible to be raising bail money, they set out to recruit medics and medical teams with gear to deploy in anticipation of violent interactions with police," Miller said.

He added the groups directed protesters to focus damage on wealthier areas or high-end store fronts.

The NYPD arrested 686 demonstrators since May 28. At least one out of seven of those protesters came into the city from out of state. Officers arrested people from Massachusetts, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Iowa, Nevada, Virginia, Maryland, Texas and St. Paul, Minnesota.

NYPD Commissioner Dermot Shea on Saturday estimated that at least 20 percent of protesters were from out of town.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Yeah, we're still dealing with a pandemic that's barely been checked, never mind brought under control or even contained, but black people are fed up enough and angry enough over the latest outrage with George Floyd to no longer care. It wouldn't surprise me if to some, if not most, driven to a terrible state of fatalism, it wouldn't matter if they die from a microbe, or at the hands of a rogue cop. The way they see it, dead is dead and they're screwed either way. I get that, I understand that. As for the looting, I don't condone that, not even a little, especially when black owned businesses are targeted, and I watched that happen on the local news last night in a shopping corridor only a mile east from my house. That's what angers me most about all this madness, the indiscriminate greed at work.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 06-01-2020 at 07:19 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I like how many routinely ignore that the looters consist of white supremacists, black block 'protesters' and undercover police. Oh and Jake Paul, because opportunistic looting is possby anyone of any political persuasion.

Also the gaslighting like Bow and Arrow crazy who got swarmed for trying to kill someone and then claimed it was "two black people"
    Last edited by jetengine; 06-01-2020 at 07:22 AM.

It's nice the anarchist groups had the foresight and consideration to raise bail money and recruit medical teams ahead of time. Sort of.

But it's not surprising I suppose. Everyone knows that this sort of thing tends to bring criminals out of the woodwork who want to use protests as cover to commit crimes to get free stuff. They're just using that greed to serve their own ends. Sad that jerks like this have to come out and tarnish something as well intentioned as this.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post

Inciting Violence and blaming others all the time isn't the way to do it
    YOu do know some of that was started by the cops and folks looking to cause trouble.

Not every state is a war zone. Some had cops marching in support of the protesters.

What can we do to prevent this from happening again?
    Folks ESPECIALLY BLACK FOLKS like Nick Cannon and Kaep-understand the power of voting. It is not when you only vote (or don't) vote for the President.

It's going to every election and voting for someone who you feel can do the job. NO matter the race or gender or sexual orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    YOu do know some of that was started by the cops and folks looking to cause trouble.

Not every state is a war zone. Some had cops marching in support of the protesters.

Folks ESPECIALLY BLACK FOLKS like Nick Cannon and Kaep-understand the power of voting. It is not when you only vote (or don't) vote for the President.

It's going to every election and voting for someone who you feel can do the job. NO matter the race or gender or sexual orientation.
    I think people that don't vote frankly have less weight when they complain about things. To complain about things but not take the time to make the smallest simplest gesture to even attempt to make things better at least partially undercuts whatever criticism you may have. Not that voting is magically make everyone's lives better... but if you didn't even bother to vote you didn't even try. And if people don't try, you can't expect anything to change.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yeah, we're still dealing with a pandemic that's barely been checked, never mind brought under control or even contained, but black people are fed up enough and angry enough over the latest outrage with George Floyd to no longer care. It wouldn't surprise me if to some, if not most, driven to a terrible state of fatalism, it wouldn't matter if they die from a microbe, or at the hands of a rogue cop. The way they see it, dead is dead and they're screwed either way. I get that, I understand that. As for the looting, I don't condone that, not even a little, especially when black owned businesses are targeted, and I watched that happen on the local news last night in a shopping corridor only a mile east from my house. That's what angers me most about all this madness, the indiscriminate greed at work.
    This....

Folks don't understand what that means.

I like how many routinely ignore that the looters consist of white supremacists, black block 'protesters' and undercover police. Oh and Jake Paul, because opportunistic looting is possby anyone of any political persuasion.
    Don't think some of those folks are not there with an agenda of destroying some of those businesses with the intent of ruining them. Only to come back and buy those properties later on.

And here is another thing to look at-since no one is social distancing now-how many new cases are we going to get???

Yes it's summer but we don't know how long this will last in some states. If those cases skyrocket-you might see a new lockdown start before school starts.

I do see Black community leaders and civil rights leaders talking about change but it should not be up to black people alone to change white racism.

I head the several mayor, governors, and police chiefs saying this is a tragedy that shouldnt have happened but are any of them introducing social programs, insight from independent sources, looking at the records of problem cops and getting them off the streets? if they have I havnt heard or read about it. I mean hell thr mayor of New York defended the cops who rammed Protesters with their SUVS.
    Last edited by babyblob; 06-01-2020 at 07:40 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think people that don't vote frankly have less weight when they complain about things. To complain about things but not take the time to make the smallest simplest gesture to even attempt to make things better at least partially undercuts whatever criticism you may have. Not that voting is magically make everyone's lives better... but if you didn't even bother to vote you didn't even try. And if people don't try, you can't expect anything to change.
    Put it to you like this-if the majority of black voters especially in certain states went to the polls.

A certain someone does not get in the White House.

I do see Black community leaders and civil rights leaders talking about change but it should not be up to black people alone to change white racism.

I head the several mayor, governors, and police chiefs saying this is a tragedy that shouldnt have happened but are any of them introducing social programs, insight from independent sources, looking at the records of problem cops and getting them off the streets? if they have I havnt heard or read about it.

Many of those programs are already around. Some have been around for YEARS.

One of the MAJOR issues is a lack of COMMUNICATION and PROMOTION of those programs.

You will see some show up AFTER the fact.
    Last edited by skyvolt2000; 06-01-2020 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The part about looting minority owned business is one of the aspects of this which has always boggled my mind.

WHy loot minority owned business in your own neighborhood? Not that I condone looting ANY business in any way, shape or form but in the least if you're going to do it DON'T target your own people in your own community. Again, I get the looters in large part don't care about any of that and just want free stuff but still... it's another level of stupidity.

Or maybe it's a clever move by a small handful of people who are able to take advantage of the stupidity of others. Still... it's tough to see. If it's a Target in the least I'm sure they're full insured and they'll be restocked again in a week (not that I'm condoning looting Target ... I love Target). But some small minority owned mom and pop store in the corner who likely is on deaths door from the pandemic anyways is a completely different matter entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Put it to you like this-if the majority of black voters especially in certain states went to the polls.

A certain someone does not get in the White House.
    From what I understand Biden polls a lot better with Blacks than Hilary so I'm actually pretty hopeful for a strong black turn out. Especially with this going on.