Page 193 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 931431831891901911921931941951961972032432936931193 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    There is a double standard as far gathering. They don't allow you to go to church because of social distancing, unless it's a protest. Preventing a bishop holding a vigil would actually be more consistant. Either let people gather or don't.
    The standard is, religions that don't bow to Trump aren't being allowed to practice and had their church cordoned off.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Meanwhile, the rest of the Republican Party at the moment is fleeing from reporters and trying not to comment. Well, most of them.

Sen. Tom Cotton put out an op-ed in the New York Times where he's being a cheerleader for fascism

And yeah, Rand Paul is holding up that anti-lynching bill while we're trying to get the country to believe something's being done about violence towards African Americans.

They're riding the bomb all the way down like Slim Pickens in Dr. Strangelove.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    A black man surrounded by looters was 100% killed by the looters?

I hope there is tape.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The standard is, religions that don't bow to Trump aren't being allowed to practice and had their church cordoned off.
    Except that's not the standard. Pretty much all religious gatherings over a certain number can't happen because of social distancing. This vigil and protests in general should fall under the same category.

But if crowds can gather in the thousands for protests, then social distancing is dead and we might as well open everything up.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Try telling that to Officer Dorn's Family. Its not wanting to kill, its maintaining order and keeping Citizens that actually follow the law safe. I trust our Military, not the maniac that other people voted into the White House

Seriously? Yes, its heartbreaking about Mr Floyd's Death. Anybody that watched that video can tell this was murder. However this was taken beyond too far.

But Rioting and looting is in no way the answer. You have these groups like BLM that bust a nut if a White Cop kills a Black Man. (They sure as hell don't care about David Dorn or black on black crimes) And before you decide to lash out at me, just think about this. If the races were reversed in that scenario. Hell, if the victim was Asian, White, or even Latino. The world wouldn't blink twice and we definitely wouldn't be experiencing these riots.
    Do you think the other 3 officers would have been charged without rioting?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    A black man surrounded by looters was 100% killed by the looters?

I hope there is tape.
    I think too many assume that the shop owners being looted and killed by looters happen to be all white. Rioters don't care what color you are if you have stuff they want to steal.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Truly a president of law and order.

President Donald Trump promises his longtime political adviser Roger Stone will not serve time in prison https://t.co/TJxbIUJkWP

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    the normal flavor of police brutality along with the now documented over 100 instances of police opening fire on peaceful protestors and press over the past 4-5 days

those with a badge think we are sheep to be herded and should be grateful for their "protection"

oh and now the Idiot is putting up a "WALL" around the White House....not even Nixon was this much of a wussy
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Which begs the inevitable question....will Mexico pay for it?
    I'll pay for it if they put the lock on the outside of the gate.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Ultimate Member

You're the type of person to say so if somebody doesn't side with the Black Person, they're automatically racist? Nice try
    Nope, you’ve completely ignored the situation at hand- that is the murder of another unarmed black person at the hand of law enforcement, the context of black lives matter, the history of police brutality in black communities, the advances that black people have made DESPITE getting their full rights less than a generation ago to make a “what aboutism”. Based on your previous comment, you’ve clearly ignored the peaceful protests made by black athletes and even white athletes that joined in.

You’ve even ignored the the images of the looters that aren’t even entirely comprised of black people (it’s everywhere, lots of the rioting wasn’t even started by black people, even the right wing nuts have realized this).

That’s why I said you have a problem with black people. It’s not hard to get the facts on stuff that’s happening in the country, one only needs to look for it.
    Last edited by Username taken; 06-04-2020 at 10:27 AM.

Ultimate Member

Some police are employing all manner of shady tactics.

Sam Seder shared a video of what appeared to be a policeman breaking windows during a peaceful protest and then walking away. Probably to discredit the protesters and justify use of force.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the theory of abolishing the police and replacing it with something else?

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    What’s everyone’s thoughts on the theory of abolishing the police and replacing it with something else?
    We don't need to abolish the police. We need to make sure they're training their officers properly and bad actors are held accountable.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

I'm not sure, but I wonder if some departments are so far gone that it might need to be done in a few cities.

I want to believe that most of them can be saved by change in mid-level command (NYC might need to fire sergeants en masse), a focus on protecting and serving the public, a ban on any of that 'warrior cop' training, and the removal of most of the military equipment.

And some accountability - meaning investigations can't be trusted to be handled internally.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 06-04-2020 at 10:40 AM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

You need police. If they didn't exist, the military would fill that void, or something from the private sector. Neither would likely lead to preferable results.