Breaking news and no way the GOP keeps quiet about this.

Pentagon admits that the drone strike killed civilians 7 of which were children. No members of Isis K were killed in the drone strike and there was no bomb as reported.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Hyperbole much. Lower than the 35 year occupation? You are hysterical.
    I'm not sure you realize how occupation works, but during that time Korea wasn't an independent state that could set its own foreign policy, and thus was unable to have relations with anyone. Yes there were tensions between the Japanese settlers and the Korean locals, but you know, that's not usually what people mean what they talk about international relations.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    The fact that a 4-star General who worked closely with Trump and his admin saw fit to take such measures - at risk to his career- tells me all I need to know.
    Does it? Are we supposed to believe all four star generals are models of sanity and rectitude? Perhaps another one now is contemplating similar action because he regards Joe B is mentally frail because of his age. Would that really be acceptable??

What a lot of people seem to be ignoring is the disinformation campaign run with the deliberate aim of stalling the withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan, in the hopes that Joe B would be more tractable than the Donald and might be persuaded to abort withdrawal.

Here was a democratically elected President seeking to pursue a popular policy (the large majority of people on this thread support it, I think, while having perhaps having reservations about how it was planned) who was deliberately mis-fed wrong gen.

How is that defendable? That has nothing to do with the Donald pursuing an immediately dangerous policy, so the argument “The Donald was about to do something incredibly dangerous” can not be trotted out.

Seriously if the allegations in the Bob Woodward book have any credibility (I assume they have), I think there is an overpowering case for court martial procedure. I do not see how anyone Democrat or Republican can be comfortable with the idea of a general working against the President.

If circumstances were so exceptional that it was justified, then that needs to be established in open court.

But I guess, given the nature of politics this issue will be divided along party lines. Every Republican will act outraged even if they are not, every Democrat will pretend it is all okay, even if they feel really concerned and uneasy.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 09-17-2021 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    I'm not sure you realize how occupation works, but during that time Korea wasn't an independent state that could set its own foreign policy, and thus was unable to have relations with anyone. Yes there were tensions between the Japanese settlers and the Korean locals, but you know, that's not usually what people mean what they talk about international relations.
    I am not sure you realize that occupying another country is not considered good relations. I guess their relation prior to 1910 was also peachy clean.
    So when are Korea and Japan going to war?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Does it? Are we supposed to believe all four star generals are models of sanity and rectitude? Perhaps another one now is contemplating similar action because he regards Joe B is mentally frail because of his age. Would that really be acceptable??

What a lot of people seem to be ignoring is the disinformation campaign run with the deliberate aim of stalling the withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan, in the hopes that Joe B would be more tractable than the Donald and might be persuaded to abort withdrawal.

Here was a democratically elected President seeking to pursue a popular policy (the large majority of people on this thread support it, I think, while having perhaps having reservations about how it was planned) who was deliberately mis-fed wrong gen.

How is that defendable? That has nothing to do with the Donald pursuing an immediately dangerous policy, so the argument “The Donald was about to do something incredibly dangerous” can not be trotted out.

Seriously if the allegations in the Bob Woodward book have any credibility (I assume they have), I think thereÂ’s an overpowering case for court martial procedureÂ…I donÂ’t see how anyone Democrat or Republican can be comfortable with the idea of a general working against the President. If circumstances were so exceptional that was justifiedÂ…it needs to be established in open court.

But I guessÂ…given the nature of politics this issue will be divided along party lines. Every Republican will act outraged even if they are not, every Democrat will pretend itÂ’s all okay, even if they feel really concerned and uneasy.
    I do agree with this. hate Trump all you want but feeding a President misinformation with the intent of undermining a policy should not be accepted by anyone in the military of office. I wont get into the act of treason hat could have been preformed by feeding the Chinese information had Trump issued certain orders. Want to make sure he cant launch a nuke if he is crazy fine. But feeding misinformation on a military matter is not okay. And admitting that he would feed info to the Chinese is damn sure not okay.

If this is true the general needs to face the consequences of his actions and if he felt they were justified then he can make this case in court. We would all be losing our minds if we found out some one had been doing this with Biden. I am not a fan of double standards like that.

if this is true and nothing is done then it can be used as a defense on any general or military official to just claim I worried about the presidents mental health so I planned to take actions against him just in case. We talk about worst case scenarios by letting the GOP slide on things. Well can no one here see the worst case Scenario if this is left unchecked?
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-17-2021 at 01:14 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

We know in Afghanistan The Pentagon is saying "Hey we were wrong when we told Biden The Afgan Army would hold out longer."

But if it were to come out that a general or group of generals knew the Taliban take over would happen this fast but they did not tell Biden or give that thought so they can make him look bad on the withdraw we would all be demanding that that official or officials be brought up on charges. Or if they admited they would pass info to China Russia or North Korea because they dont trust how Biden would handle a crisis we would damn sure be losing our minds.

So we cant be okay with it because we do not like Trump. The man admitted or is said to have admitted feeding misinformation because he did not like policy and hoped to use what he viewed as a weaker president in an attempt to change that policy.

Context. Milley just watched Trump try to stage a coup. It wasn't some political disagreement. Milley was defending the Constitution. Something Trump never did.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Context. Milley just watched Trump try to stage a coup. It wasn't some political disagreement. Milley was defending the Constitution. Something Trump never did.
    Giving misinformation on Afghanistan so that he could try and play Biden into staying, and saying he would give info to the Chinese is not defending the construction in anyway. Misleading the president and talking about giving info to a country everyone says is a threat is not at all defending the American Constitution!

The first has nothing at all to do with the 6th. I dont see how the second does either.

I hate Trump and I hate the role he played on the 6th. But one has nothing to do with the other.

I could make an excuse for taking steps to make sure Trump doesnt order a nuke attack or something. but the other two? No way.
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-17-2021 at 02:07 PM.

Astonishing Member

When the president is a massive security risk I say yes it's perfectly fine to feed them misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    When the president is a massive security risk I say yes it's perfectly fine to feed them misinformation.
    He didnt give the misinformation to Trump because he thought he was a risk, or because of the 6th. He did so because he wanted Biden to change the policy of leaving Afghanistan.

How do the events of the 6th Which are on Trump have anything to do with misinformation on a country across the world in regards to a decision made before the 6th in an attempt to get Biden do stay in Afghanistan?

The Telegraph also claimed Trump was deliberately given false info on events on Afghanistan…to deliberately stall on troop withdrawals there, in the hope that when Joe B came in, he could be persuaded to abort withdrawal.

This has nothing to do with Trump being a risk or the events of the 6th.
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-17-2021 at 02:25 PM.

BANNED

I am not sure you realize that occupying another country is not considered good relations. I guess their relation prior to 1910 was also peachy clean.
    So when are Korea and Japan going to war?
    Luckily, Japan and Korea would not be able to go to war even if they wanted to, given that they are both military vassals of the US. But sure, these petty historical disputes are just minor squabbles that they will overcome their "shared democratic values" to defend the free world together against authoritarianism or whatever other nonsense the foreign policy blob would want us to believe.

Also, it is worth mentioning that it is definitely within the power of the US as the leading member of this alliance to resolve this Japan-Korea dispute by simply bringing the hammer down on Japan and threatening to withhold military aid unless they formally acknowledge and apologize for the comfort women and pay whatever reparations that Korea is demanding. Not only would this be the right thing to do, it would also be great for our image overseas as it would be an example of America using its geopolitical clout to do something positive for once. Of course, we would never actually do this because, for one thing, Japan is generally considered to be a more important partner than Korea and so we tend to take their side even when they are obviously in the wrong, and for another, it would open up the floodgates for all of the other Asian countries, many of which we are not on the friendliest of terms with, to start making the same demands for recompense.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Giving misinformation on Afghanistan so that he could try and play Biden into staying, and saying he would give info to the Chinese is not defending the construction in anyway. Misleading the president and talking about giving info to a country everyone says is a threat is not at all defending the American Constitution!

The first has nothing at all to do with the 6th. I dont see how the second does either.

I hate Trump and I hate the role he played on the 6th. But one has nothing to do with the other.

I could make an excuse for taking steps to make sure Trump doesnt order a nuke attack or something. but the other two? No way.
    Gotcha, we weren't talking about the same events. No harm, no foul.

Gotcha, we weren't talking about the same events. No harm, no foul.
    What events were you talking about? I dont want there to be a misunderstanding. This place is too important to me to be at odds with people for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    What events were you talking about? I dont want there to be a misunderstanding. This place is too important to me to be at odds with people for no reason.
    The whole Trump starting a nuclear war with China thing. I have to read more about what Milley did with Afghanistan before I can comment.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Something interesting on German language twitter: I am falling a leftwing, Austrian journalist called https://twitter.com/Natascha_Strobl. While I agree with most of her European views, it bothered me how much she has always been pro-Bernie Sanders. She was quite disappointed when Biden won the primaries.
    This week, she "liked" and retweeted this thread: https://twitter.com/pablodiabolo/sta...372333577?s=20

Briefly summarized in English, another (very) progressive writer points out that Biden is setting a progressive agenda that nobody on the left expected from somebody they considered a "boring centrist." He's pointing out that Biden is forcing a debate about progressive policies in a way that no force in Europe has managed in decades: better healthcare, free daycare for children, cheaper education, family leave to care for elderly relatives, better public transport, more rights for undocumented immigrants. He, in short, is admitting to have been wrong about Biden, and he is in awe about the things he's tackling, and wondering why the European left can't do what Biden is doing.

I'm not seeing that kind of attitude from, say, American Jacobin writers.
    Here is the bulk of why you are not seeing that kind of attitude from them.

They are actually "Left..." Americans who have been living here, and actually keeping track of what he has done.

Take a minute. Think about this next one really hard, and do a quick bit of research as needed.

When, exactly, have you heard Biden actually bring up getting card check done since he took office?

He was probably doing whatever "Forcing Debate..." on card check was back when he and former President Obama were running for office.

Those Americans that you mentioned know exactly where that went, and seemingly, where it will stay.

That reality most likely informs their attitude on what that fellow was in awe of.