Lies about gender-affirming care being weaponized by conservative extremists to target multiple childrens hospitas with threats of violence by their deranged followers.

https://twitter.com/BostonChildrens/...116289/photo/1

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Lies about gender-affirming care being weaponized by conservative extremists to target multiple childrens hospitas with threats of violence by their deranged followers.

https://twitter.com/BostonChildrens/...116289/photo/1
    Twitter has just become a cesspit, moreso than it has always been thanks to stuff like Elon Musk. The worst part is that things can be done about this, but it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by GindyPosts View Post
    Twitter has just become a cesspit, moreso than it has always been thanks to stuff like Elon Musk. The worst part is that things can be done about this, but it won't.
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/epzv...oston-hospital

Boston Children’s Hospital said on Tuesday that its staff has faced a flood of violent threats and harassment sparked by a false claim made by the viral LibsofTikTok Twitter account.

The account, run by Brooklyn real estate agent Chaya Raichik, tweeted on August 11 that “Boston Children's Hospital is now offering ‘gender-affirming hysterectomies’ for young girls.” The claim has been widely debunked by fact-checking groups—but as is typical in anti-trans rhetoric, facts rarely matter, and the claims were shared widely on right-wing social media accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And Trump himself dodged service in Vietnam via his infamous “bone spurs”. As for his base, most of those lemmings wouldn’t be allowed IN his buildings, yet they were willing to risk prison in his name when they stormed the Capitol. Astonishing.
    Don't forget that he threatened to disown Don Jr if he ever entered the military.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Looks like Trump's CFO is taking a plea deal and will testify against Trump and family.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Sounds like you love to hate them!
    He'd sure be bored without the Saudis!

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Yes, as much as I hate to admit it, we progressives unfortunately are indeed outnumbered. But that doesn't mean we should vote for a less progressive candidate because they have better chance of winning than their progressive counterparts.

I liked many of Senator Elizabeth Warren's ideas but Senator Bernie Sanders is more progressive.
    Even if that gets people killed?

In spite of all the efforts to conserve gas and fill our storage tanks for the winter, electricity production from gas is up, not down in Germany.

The reasons? Nuclear plants in France not working for varios reasons (mostly age and necessary repairs, but also climate change making the rivers to warm to use as a cooling agent), and Switzerland's water power plants not working due to drought.

This climate change is not joke.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Even if that gets people killed?
    I keep coming back to Aesop's Fables the way some staunch progressives talk. Specifically the one about the greedy child and the jar of nuts. Unwilling to let go of even a single nut, the child was unable to get their hand out of the jar, and had no nuts.

The US system is set up to require compromise, largely because there are millions of other people with ideas on How Things Should Be Done that are different than yours, and you either compromise, or resort to the only way for a minority to force it's ideas onto a majority - Tyranny.
    Dark does not mean deep.

He'd sure be bored without the Saudis!
    Yes, but not just the Saudis. And I'd also be bored without Trump. At least I admit it.
    Last edited by hyped78; 08-18-2022 at 02:08 AM.

On having elections on weekends - it doesn't have to be on a Sunday, if you think that would potentially make it even worse. You could put it on a Saturday. I don't see any point in having an election on a week day.

Also change the Electoral College, change having 1 State = 2 Senators, stop partisan redistricting and so forth.
    Last edited by hyped78; 08-18-2022 at 01:58 AM.

In spite of all the efforts to conserve gas and fill our storage tanks for the winter, electricity production from gas is up, not down in Germany.

The reasons? Nuclear plants in France not working for varios reasons (mostly age and necessary repairs, but also climate change making the rivers to warm to use as a cooling agent), and Switzerland's water power plants not working due to drought.

This climate change is not joke.
    Well, Germany are reactivating coal power plants... that's as dirty as it can get

In case you haven't seen this, it's long but well worth a read - "Inside the War Between Trump and his Generals":

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...b-global-en-GB

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Yes, but not just the Saudis. And I'd also be bored without Trump. At least I admit it.
    I have not been bored in decades. I have intellectual curiosity and Internet access. I don't need a murderous shitshow to keep me distracted.

I have not been bored in decades. I have intellectual curiosity and Internet access. I don't need a murderous shitshow to keep me distracted.
    That's great