Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    It's helping for me to not get my hopes up before something screws up at the last minute via Conservative interference

If you are claiming you read days worth of posts in a few minutes while at work and didn't find any articles about Reed's misddeeds and those reporting she lied, then you clearly didn't read them all.

Mockery.
    Mockery? I quoted what you wrote - you wrote "the MANY posts here about the subject", your words including "MANY" that you wrote in caps. If that's what you consider 'mockery'...
    To evaluate NYT articles, why would I - or anyone - prefer reading random opinion comments from biased posters (we're all biased, incl. myself) over reading the actual NYT articles? Makes zero sense.

Of course I didn't read days worth of posts, not even close! (and why would I even claim that?!) I read two pages where I saw links to Twitter and substack, not New York Times articles. Like you, I'm also working, I don't have time to go through pages and pages of posts - many/ the majority of which are on unrelated topics - where it's not evident that there are NYT articles A and B, to try to find out some supposed articles that supposedly make a point that you're trying to make.
    Last edited by hyped78; 03-31-2023 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Mockery? I quoted what you wrote - you wrote "the MANY posts here about the subject", your words including "MANY" that you wrote in caps. If that's what you consider 'mockery'...

Of course I didn't read days worth of posts. I read two pages where I saw links to Twitter and substack, not New York Times articles. Like you, I'm also working, I don't have time to go through pages and pages of posts to try to find out some supposed articles that supposedly make a point that you're trying to make.
    But rather than wait til you have time to read it, you demand I provide you evidence you can easily look up yourself and when I don't you dismiss it utterly. Blinders.

"I'm aware. And?" "I prefer to check their website" It's clear your attitude has been mocking and dismissive from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    But rather than wait til you have time to read it, you demand I provide you evidence you can easily look up yourself and when I don't you dismiss it utterly. Blinders.

"I'm aware. And?" "I prefer to check their website" It's clear your attitude has been mocking and dismissive from the beginning.
    It's not that I will have time to read pages and pages (went on "for days", you said) of posts with related and unrelated posts - I'm obviously not going to do that, even less so after reading two of those pages without NYT articles A and B being mentioned and where most posts cover unrelated topics.

"you demand I" - I'm not demanding anything. You don't have to do anything.

"It's clear your attitude has been mocking and dismissive from the beginning" - that's your (unfortunate) interpretation. I asked for examples of the point you're trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I unfortunately saw the clip of Lindsey in full drama mode on Fox last night begging for Trump donations because of the persecution. I will NEVER understand why all his supporters rush to send him cash. Hes supposed to be rich! While I don't really give a shit about MAGA morons finances. You know all those morons don't have 401ks and savings accounts locked down etc. Why are they so quick to keep sending a supposedly rich man money to help pay for defense of his crime?

Even if they love his vitriol and silliness the main point is hes supposedly rich? They pay for private 'Build the Wall scams, they pay for bogus election integrity grifts....they just keep giving money that could be used on their third tractors to him.
    Excellent. Let them send the money to Trump and not the Senate and House campaign coffers.
    Dark does not mean deep.

This is what the old, Bush era GOP would have called "bad strategery."

FsjZneoaYAAWJl3.jpg

News of indictment catches Trump and his team off guard

Donald Trump and his top advisers were caught flat-footed by the news of his indictment by the Manhattan grand jury over hush money payments to the adult film star Stormy Daniels, having expected no charges until at least the end of April and potentially never at all.

The former president reckoned – along with his aides – that recent reporting about the grand jury taking a break from next week meant prosecutors in the district attorney’s office were reconsidering whether to seek an indictment over the matter.

The former president issued a pugilistic statement in response to the news and lashed out at the prosecution as political and an effort to hurt his 2024 presidential campaign, before appearing for dinner as usual alongside the other guests at this Florida resort.

But in private, Trump was more subdued as he took in the significance of becoming the first sitting or former president to be charged and the changed reality of operating under the threat of an eventual criminal trial, several sources close to him said.

The private response showed that for all his outward bravado – including claims that he wanted to be arrested and handcuffed for a “perp walk” because he wanted to project defiance if he was ever indicted – deep down, Trump has always feared the prospect of being criminally charged and its consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Incoherent rambling. The usual stuff, then.

I keep hearing that the Democrats have moved to the left, but no one explains how. The GOP has clearly moved towards the far Right with Trumps embrace of Neo Nazis and White Supremistrs and the GOPs embrace of Trump.

But what policies show the Dems have moved left. They are still far more centrist than their European counterparts. All I see is the GOP has move the center to the right while the Democrats have stayed in place. The only area I can think of is Gay Rights, but is that really moving left, or just opposing bigoted right wingers?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I keep hearing that the Democrats have moved to the left, but no one explains how. The GOP has clearly moved towards the far Right with Trumps embrace of Neo Nazis and White Supremistrs and the GOPs embrace of Trump.

But what policies show the Dems have moved left. They are still far more centrist than their European counterparts. All I see is the GOP has move the center to the right while the Democrats have stayed in place. The only area I can think of is Gay Rights, but is that really moving left, or just opposing bigoted right wingers?
    On US vs. Europe, just the fact that we have universal healthcare, social security, stricter labor laws, unions, etc. makes the US, as a whole, more right-wing (regardless of parties)

It can be both. Being for gay rights is moving to the left AND it's opposing bigoted right wingers.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    LOL

CNN fired a bunch of their left of center journalists and hired people like Kaitlin Collins, whose previous gig was Tucker Carlson's Daily Caller. They were never, ever that far on the left and now they are clearly right of center. Seeing as how that graphic is supposedly from this year, it's clearly in bad faith.
    New York Times Opinion is left MY ASS!

Why do you think the NYT Pitchbot got so popular?

Quote Originally Posted by GindyPosts View Post
    New York Times Opinion is left MY ASS!

Why do you think the NYT Pitchbot got so popular?
    Yet NYT is one of the main sources for news for those who identify themselves as "Consistently Liberal". From Pew Research:

https://www.pewresearch.org/journali...eft-and-right/

Capture.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Yet NYT is one of the main sources for news for those who identify themselves as "Consistently Liberal". From Pew Research:

https://www.pewresearch.org/journali...eft-and-right/
    Because unlike the Fox watching Right, that has embraced lie spewing outlets. Liberals think the NY Times mostly tries to be accurate in their reporting.
    As Stephen Colbert said, the truth has a Liberal bias.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 03-31-2023 at 08:43 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    It can be both. Being for gay rights is moving to the left AND it's opposing bigoted right wingers.
    I agree this one area might be seen as moving left. But Gay Rights is a relatively young movement, so I don't know if comparing it to earlier generations of Democrats is applicable.

But I would like to hear how the Democrats have become Left or Far Left.

Because unlike the Fox watching Right, that has embraced lie spewing outlets. Liberals think the NY Times mostly tries to be accurate in their reporting.
    True. I would also add that the NYT editorial pages consider themselves mostly Liberal in their positions