Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Oh brother.
    ...yeah there's nothing more to say than that.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Remember the first rule of being a member of the GOP. Unless it is a straight white male character then it is clearly propaganda!

If you all dont see that an Aisan puppet on a kids show screams invasion from China you all are blind!

Or that a black cartoon character equals the attempted removal of the white Race? Wake up Sheeple!
    Last edited by babyblob; 11-19-2021 at 08:23 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Harris to become first woman with presidential power while Biden is under anesthesia for routine colonoscopy. Pretty historic even if only briefly.
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/19/polit...wer/index.html
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Oh brother.
    https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...coates-120512/

Hey but he writes an awesome Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Remember the first rule of being a member of the GOP. Unless it is a straight white male character then it is clearly propaganda!

If you all dont see that an Aisan puppet on a kids show screams invasion from China you all are blind!

Or that a black cartoon character equals the attempted removal of the white Race? Wake up Sheeple!
    Thanks for the Hyperbole.

BANNED

I think we all do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I find myself needing this reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    Thanks for the Hyperbole.
    The sad thing is my statements are not an attempt at humor or me being a smartass. I am just repeating what I have heard several guests on Fox News ranting about.

So when I say it is a sad mocking of the GOP through humor. But when the Fox News Network gives these statements airtime they become a serious rallying cry? I love that!
    Last edited by babyblob; 11-19-2021 at 09:46 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

On this date in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, as well as 2020, “Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day” posted profiles of Steve Scalise, the current U.S. House Representative for Louisiana's 1st District, who was revealed to have spoken before a group of White Supremacists, EURO in 2002, a group that was actually founded by David Duke. Oh, and Duke says he and Scalise are of like mind, which is easy to believe considering that as a state legislator, Scalise voted against a resolution for the state of Louisiana to apologize for slavery. frequently appeared as a guest on the Fox News Channel as well as maintained a close-knit relationship with the Family Research Council (an anti-gay hate group) that has seen him appear a number of times on Tony Perkins’ Washington Watch program to say they are both “on the right side of history” on their stance against same sex marriage (and has celebrated whenever anything is done to threaten same sex marriages with them).

We noted at the time that Scalise had lied that the Affordable Care Act would “lead to healthcare rationing” while trying to fight tooth and nail from healthcare in any way including contraceptive coverage. He repeatedly kept trying to defund Planned Parenthood, falsely claimed the Bush era tax cuts created an economic boom, denied climate change because President Obama wore a coat to his second inauguration (that would be in January), defended the racist nickname of the Washington D.C. NFL franchise. He also claimed Obama really didn’t want to fight ISIS, and called for his impeachment over his executive orders over immigration. As late as 2018, Scalise has argued against the Founding Fathers wanting there to be a separation of church and state, citing an alternate history that never happened where he confuses the author of the Declaration of Independence with the authors of the Constitution.

Now, Scalise coasted to re-election in 2018 with 71% of the vote, partially because voters in a conservative district were compelled to give Steve Scalise a free pass out of after he missed a plurality of votes after being shot by a deranged gunman during practice for the annual Congressional baseball game. He still fundraised for 2018 by sending out mailers claiming that former President Barack Obama was “rigging our elections. Now, given that Scalise has always been opposed to any and all gun control, we wondered if being the victim of gun violence might make him have a change of heart, and want to do something about stopping a man like the shooter, a man with a history of domestic violence and anger issues from having owned a gun in the future. NOPE. Scalise learned nothing, and still will be in the pocket of the gun lobby. He has literally said being shot “fortified” his view on gun rights, if by fortified you mean hospitalized for months. James Brady wept.

Anyway, the other detail of the shooting? The woman on the security detail that is largely credited for saving Scalise’s life, and that of other Congressmen present is an African American lesbian. Why, with Steve Scalise’s history of being associated with White Nationalists like David Duke, or his staggering anti-LGBTQ record of votes, maybe he’d have a change of heart there after a woman who’s the embodiment of what Scalise’s pals hate saved his life, right?

NOPE. Four months after a lesbian saved his life, Steve Scalise learned nothing, and went to speak at the “Voter Values Summit”, an annual conference run by the anti-gay hate group the Family Research Council. The same FRC that’s run by Tony Perkins, a longtime GOP Platform Committee member who as a state legislator, paid tens of thousands of dollars in 1996 for David Duke’s mailing list. This is like if the ending of a Christmas Carol saw Ebeneezer Scrooge rolling around in a pile of money in bed with a cut to Tiny Tim dying in bed while his family weeps, frankly. The villain, even when presented with his own mortality and given a last chance to change is like, “NAW, F*** IT.”

Scalise defended Donald Trump for celebrating Congressman Greg Gianforte having body-slammed a reporter, saying he was just “ribbing” the Montana Congressman, and not endorsing violence. Well, wouldn’t you know it, within a week of that statement, a Trump supporter mailed off pipe bombs to CNN, Robert DeNiro, and a bunch of high-ranking Democrats, so maybe Scalise is just full of s*** about not seeing a link.

On Halloween 2019, Scalise gave a speech on the floor of the House where he deemed Congressman Adam Schiff’s efforts in the Trump impeachment inquiry regarding Ukraine to be “Soviet Style, showing up with a giant posterboard of the Kremlin to present alongside himself. This voracious defense, however, only served to remind the public that Trump has that whole bizarre allegiance to the Kremlin, himself, that influenced the majority of decisions he made from the Oval Office. Days later, Scalise went on Fox News to be interviewed by Chris Wallace, and tried claiming the members of the Trump administration testifying in the impeachment inquiry should not be believed because they are partisan and simply, “Adam Schiff’s witnesses. Most to that point had been apolitical career diplomats, but one was a member of Trump’s National Security Council, and another was on Vice President Pence’s staff. While he was at it, Scalise also praised Donald Trump’s decision to pardon war criminals, falsely claiming that by doing so, it would increase troop morale.

In the buildup to the 2020 election, Scalise also defended the Trump campaign’s use of doctored video of a disabled activist interviewing Joe Biden to make it appear Biden wanted to defund the police. Because at this point, he’s not just a dedicated liar, but living in an alternate reality based on the narrative of his conservative fantasies.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 11-19-2021 at 05:51 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Voters in Louisiana’s 1st District saw no reason to reject a guy with a history of palling around with white nationalists from lying to prop up a deceitful white nationalist president who had killed hundreds of thousands of people through his own negligence during the pandmic and re-elected Scalise with 72% of the vote.

We will note that as of a month ago, upon last being asked by Chris Wallace on Fox News, Steve Scalise was still refusing to acknowledge the fact that Joe Biden won the 2020 election and is now the legitimate president of the United States. Like we said, this man rejects reality and replaces it with his own pathetic, fascist fantasies.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The sad thing is my statements are not an attempt at humor or me being a smartass. I am just repeating what I have heard several guests on Fox News ranting about.

So when I say it is a sad mocking of the GOP through humor. But when the Fox News Network gives these statements airtime they become a serious rallying cry? I love that!
    Unless you are going to quote it is caricature or Gutfeld. The Laura Ingram thing the other was priceless but says nothing about politics and more about TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I think we all do.
    And this thread is supposed to be an affirmation echo chamber? I come here to post and respond so that Comic Readers don't think that only one political stripe of readership is out there.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    And this thread is supposed to be an affirmation echo chamber? I come here to post and respond so that Comic Readers don't think that only one political stripe of readership is out there.
    You’re right, there is more than one political party out there. Problem is, one of them (the GQP) went off the rails a long time ago, catering to racists, homophobes, xenophobes, lunatics, sociopaths and grifters while gleefully shitting on the Constitution and all norms of decency to sate their bottomless hunger for power and control. If you want to carry the flag for THAT party, feel free.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Mets is a conservative poster that is not called a troll regularly. Some don't agree with him and think he might be disingenuous but not that he is just shitposting.

This hearkens me back to the BatmanFans that kept getting banned. Praising Violence instead of the Masterful Trolling of folks like Trump and Putin seems to be the new flavor of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    You’re right, there is more than one political party out there. Problem is, one of them (the GQP) went off the rails a long time ago, catering to racists, homophobes, xenophobes, lunatics, sociopaths and grifters while gleefully shitting on the Constitution and all norms of decency to sate their bottomless hunger for power and control. If you want to carry the flag for THAT party, feel free.
    You forgot supporting the violent overthrow of a duly elected President.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    These are different situations.

A piece in New York magazine critical of Rittenhouse's defense notes that he was making an effort to withdraw from the fight, and had reason to assume he was facing imminent bodily harm.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021...-analysis.html

In the Georgia case, the defendant admits he shot someone who did not say or do anything threatening, and was trying to get away from them, clearly trying to withdraw from the situation.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/travis-mcm...ry?id=81254629
    I believe the key is intent. Rittenhouse chose to travel across state lines with a weapon with the intent of putting himself in harms way in order to protect property which wasn’t his not at the behest of the property owner. The fact he armed himself ahead of time with a weapon designed for killing tells us he intended to defend himself with deadly force if necessary. He went out of his way to create the circumstances which led to the shooting so can’t claim self-defense.
    You can’t intentionally drive the wrong way down a one-way street and blame the other driver when you kill them in a head-on collision.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe