Page 1888 of 1987 FirstFirst ... 888138817881838187818841885188618871888188918901891189218981938 ... LastLast
Results 28,306 to 28,320 of 29805
  1. #28306
    Astonishing Member Panfoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Stop me if I'm mistaken, but I understand that DeathSantis, Stunted Ricky and the Rest of the GQP clowns in your state have strong support among the Cuban-American population, a minority Qpublicans wouldn't so much as piss on if they were on fire. How is that possible?
    I honestly couldn't tell you, nothing in this state makes sense. I used to think the "Florida Man" stories were just so plentiful because of our public records laws and that surely we don't have THAT many more crazies than other states...but...

    The only thing I do know is the further out you get from the cities here the further "south" you get and we have a lot of people that will never not vote R for any reason.

  2. #28307
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Where The Food Is.
    Posts
    1,612
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

    - Charles Schultz.

  3. #28308
    Sans Pants ChadH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Incertisque loci...incerto tempore
    Posts
    3,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    Funny thing is part of the Covid spending bill from December includes a demand for a ufo declassified report which is due out in June. How did UFOs become part of the covid spending bill?
    There are a few lawmakers who share Harry Reids opinion that our military should share information it has regarding Unidentified Aerial Phenomena.
    Surprisingly Marco Rubio is among them.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners Thread So much winning!!

    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
    "Being politically incorrect shouldn't be a matter of pride. It's the last gasp of the wrong side of history." - Unknown
    "By all means, compare these s**t-heads to Nazis." - Mike Godwin referring to the protesters in Charlottesville.

  4. #28309
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Biden won by 74 Electoral votes. Arizona has 11. Can Trump do math?
    This is just my speculation. From what I understand, the recount is being done by a private company that has no experience, its CEO has spewed voter fraud BS, and the recount is being done behind closed doors. If so, I'm wondering if the goal there is to plant false voter fraud and get other red states to do the same. Or, since the far right are so detached from reality, maybe they really do believe voter fraud was done.

  5. #28310
    Sans Pants ChadH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Incertisque loci...incerto tempore
    Posts
    3,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Stop me if I'm mistaken, but I understand that DeathSantis, Stunted Ricky and the Rest of the GQP clowns in your state have strong support among the Cuban-American population, a minority Qpublicans wouldn't so much as piss on if they were on fire. How is that possible?
    Anti-communist and socialist rhetoric and conservative viewpoints from catholic upbringing.
    If the local Democrat organizations would make a concerted effort to educate people on the differences between Socialism and Democratic Socialism they might crack that voting block.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners Thread So much winning!!

    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
    "Being politically incorrect shouldn't be a matter of pride. It's the last gasp of the wrong side of history." - Unknown
    "By all means, compare these s**t-heads to Nazis." - Mike Godwin referring to the protesters in Charlottesville.

  6. #28311
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    This is just my speculation. From what I understand, the recount is being done by a private company that has no experience, its CEO has spewed voter fraud BS, and the recount is being done behind closed doors. If so, I'm wondering if the goal there is to plant false voter fraud and get other red states to do the same. Or, since the far right are so detached from reality, maybe they really do believe voter fraud was done.
    I actually heard something like this on the news, that the goal is to provide 'Proof' of voter fraud so as to justify all of the Republican voter restrictions.

    Even the insane Republicans know that they can't undo the election no matter how many states try to.

    I don't know if Trump is insane enough to believe that the election could be overturned, but his supporters might believe that it will be enough to appease him if they do this and allow his ego to be soothed with the lie that he didn't lose. Trump hates to lose to the point of delusion.
    Last edited by Tami; 05-02-2021 at 11:10 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

  7. #28312
    Extraordinary Member Malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeville, NY
    Posts
    9,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    This is just my speculation. From what I understand, the recount is being done by a private company that has no experience, its CEO has spewed voter fraud BS, and the recount is being done behind closed doors. If so, I'm wondering if the goal there is to plant false voter fraud and get other red states to do the same. Or, since the far right are so detached from reality, maybe they really do believe voter fraud was done.
    This. They know it won't change the results of last year's election. They want to lower voter confidence in future elections. That's the goal. If they can get fewer moderates to vote at all and at the same time get more of their base to vote, then they can win. At least, that's the strategy.
    Watching television is not an activity.

  8. #28313
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    24,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    This. They know it won't change the results of last year's election. They want to lower voter confidence in future elections. That's the goal. If they can get fewer moderates to vote at all and at the same time get more of their base to vote, then they can win. At least, that's the strategy.
    Meanwhile, Qpublicans have ZERO platform to run on in future elections, save for tax cuts for the rich, kicking brown people out of the country and giving police unlimited powers to make life hell for black people.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  9. #28314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Biden won by 74 Electoral votes. Arizona has 11. Can Trump do math?
    Based on what's actually known about his finances and how he keeps bankrupting casinos, signs point to "no".
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  10. #28315
    Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 JDogindy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Arizona Republicans are terrified of H.R.1

    H.R. 1 is bad news for Arizona voters - Opinion by Paris Dennard, a Phoenix native and national spokesperson, Republican National Committee.



    Compare this comment to the actions Republicans are taking to take control of the elections away from voters.
    So, why should people take the guy whose recent job description was "Be the black guy on CNN who endlessly kissed Trump's ass" seriously?

  11. #28316
    Sans Pants ChadH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Incertisque loci...incerto tempore
    Posts
    3,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I actually heard something like this on the news, that the goal is to provide 'Proof' of voter fraud so as to justify all of the Republican voter restrictions.

    Even the insane Republicans know that they can't undo the election no matter how many states try to.

    I don't know if Trump is insane enough to believe that the election could be overturned, but his supporters might believe that it will be enough to appease him if they do this and allow his ego to be soothed with the lie that he didn't lose. Trump hates to lose to the point of delusion.
    That's a lot of pressure to produce a predetermined outcome.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners Thread So much winning!!

    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
    "Being politically incorrect shouldn't be a matter of pride. It's the last gasp of the wrong side of history." - Unknown
    "By all means, compare these s**t-heads to Nazis." - Mike Godwin referring to the protesters in Charlottesville.

  12. #28317
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    24,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    So, why should people take the guy whose recent job description was "Be the black guy on CNN who endlessly kissed Trump's ass" seriously?
    Any black man or woman that supports Trump who, to this day, STILL wants the Central Park Five put to death is the absolute worst sort of traitor to their people.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  13. #28318
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,941

    Default

    Anyone here familiar with the term 'Critical Race Theory'?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

  14. #28319
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    24,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Anyone here familiar with the term 'Critical Race Theory'?
    Can't say I have. What's it about?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  15. #28320
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Can't say I have. What's it about?
    I first read about it here: At a Rockwood School District meeting in Eureka on Friday, angry white parents called for critical race theory to be banned even though it is not part of the current curriculum.

    And here

    Oklahoma House approves ban on teaching 'critical race theory'

    And here

    Idaho Passes Law Banning Critical Race Theory ‘Indoctrination’ at Public Schools

    So I looked it up on Wikipedia

    Critical race theory

    And I am still not sure what to make of it entirely.

    Here is an article about it: Critical Race Theory

    I mean, some parts of it seem reasonable, but I'm not sure about the whole thing. Apparently, Those White People mentioned in the articles above believe that CRT is designed to punish all White People or something like that.

    So, if anyone wants to share their thoughts on this to help me understand it better, feel free to do so.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •